YES or NO to Rad Lab

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mcurtt, Nov 17, 2017.

1. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

This showed up in my e-mail today: Starting November 20, everything in the Totally Rad
    store will be on sale for one week. Pick up time saving tools to take your photography to the next level, at crazy low prices. Mark your calendars — you don’t want to miss this.

Most things were at 50% off or more. RadLab was at $75. I don't have it, but should I?

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love Radlabs. I use it for all my photo editing... so easy. Just a couple of clicks and your photo is ready to scrap.

mcurtt likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

4. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

OK - Dumb question: what does it do?! And if someone already has Lightroom CC, would Radlab still be useful? Thanks!

LoveItScrapIt and mcurtt like this.
  5. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Yes. I love love love radlab. I use it on every photo. It makes everything so much easier.

mcurtt and Christina W like this.
  6. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Perfectly said, Jenn!

jenn mccabe, mcurtt and Christina W like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yes! I use it all the time!

I have Lightroom CC and still use RadLab all the time! It's a plugin for Photoshop and when you click it, it opens it's own window for editing your photo. It's super fast and easy to edit images with tons of effects and recipes. All of them are customizable and you can create and save your own. I use it most often to edit a photo on the fly, while I'm working on a layout. Sometimes I use it with photos I haven't touched yet, and sometimes I use it with ones I have already edited in LR and just want to make adjustments for a particular page, like b/w conversion. I love their recipes!

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

It sounds like it is RadLab for the win. :perfect

Tree City, jk703 and Christina W like this.
  9. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Yes yes yes. I seriously don’t know what I would do without it.

Christina W and mcurtt like this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I will also add that I have had nothing but amazing support from their customer service as well!!

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I don't have Rad Lab, but I do have their presents for Lightroom. I use them a lot.
    So, @Christina W you could look at those? I don't know the price difference.

12. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I have to admit I have it but really not sure how to use --- anybody got any suggestions/pointers or is this one of those things that I am going to have to play with to learn?

mcurtt likes this.
  13. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I love Radlab too, and use it like Jan, mostly from within Photoshop adjusting photos on the fly, when I'm about to scrap. I'm so far behind in editing them in Lightroom but I can still fix just the ones I need when I need them.

@rdjrneace its really easy to use from within Photoshop. Just click on the Radlab icon and start to play with the built in recipes. You can stack a number of effects on top of one another, and adjust the percentage of each effect that you want. You can save each edited photo or just use the Radlab version within your layout.

IntenseMagic, Christina W and mcurtt like this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

That would be a big huge yes from me! I use radlab always. Love it.

Christina W and mcurtt like this.
  15. jenn mccabe

@mcurtt I have RadLab and I use it in both PS and LR! Have you done the free 14 day trial to see if you like it?

Also I'm not sure if you have an iPhone but there's an app version of Rad Lab - it's Pic Tap Go ... some of the filters are the same, some are a little different. It used to be free, but I think it's a couple of bucks now. Still ... it is one of my most used photo apps bc of how quick and easy it is!

I have the Rad Lab pro retouch 2 (at the suggestion of @jk703 ) and I only use it for closeup portraits - so not all the time. But that is great too. I have to decide what I want next while the mega sale is happening. One day I will have all.the.rab.lab.things!!! :agree

mcurtt and jk703 like this.
  16. jenn mccabe

Rad Lab works in PS or LR ... I use it in both PSCC and LRCC all the time. I actually like using in LR better because 99% of my edits start in LR anyway.

17. jenn mccabe

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  18. jenn mccabe

19. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

jenn mccabe likes this.
  20. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Yes! Buy it, love it, use it!!! Well worth the cost!

Jenn gave great information and screenshots on how to use! It's awesome! You can even share recipes for photo treatments. Mine are in a blog post from Amber: http://www.amberlabau.com/fave-photo-fixes-free-download/

ProRetouch is great too! Really, those are my two go to processes when editing! I used to collect actions and photo treatments and stopped once I had RadLab!