Writing Prompt #2

Discussion in 'Journaling and Storytelling' started by javamonster, Mar 6, 2014.

1. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Write about your favorite backpack, purse, bag, etc and why you chose it. Then describe what you carry in it. Get as detailed as you want.

Here's mine:

I carry around an REI Travel Bag. It's the perfect size for my sketchbook, my iPad, (has its own padded pocket) loads of pens cuz I love my pens! There's a pocket just for my wallet and the receipts that accumulate, another pocket on the top that's just right for nail clippers, band-aids and lip balm. There are two net water bottle pockets, one on each side of the bag. Usually instead of water bottles I store my cell phone and my small Canon camera in each one.

It's not large, but it can weigh a lot when I take everything along with me!

2. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

My favorite purse was given to me for Christmas in 2005. I don't remember who made it, but it was black & tan & boxy. I adored it. It was fancy! I normally carried the basics in it that you'd find in most purses... a wallet, a brush, make up, the usual. But on the day I lost it, I was carrying my passport, shots record & traveller's checks. How did you lose it, you ask? On the day I was supposed to get married in May of 2006, my hubby & I sunk in a boat on an Alaskan river when our barge took on water. The dogs swam, I panicked, and my gorgeous, grown-up, fancy purse sank to the bottom forever. I don't know if it's still there or if it eventually floated to the Pacific Ocean. For all I know, it is still there as serving as a home for tiny fish.
    ------------------

Ooooo thanks Julie, I need to play with prompts more often.

3. ledamperry

ledamperry Named by her crazy father

Wow, Roboliver! Glad you are ok despite losing your favorite bag!!