Wow Part of my first photoshop layout done!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by carilyne, Feb 10, 2017.

1. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

So after last night's scrap with Cheryl I was determined to start figuring out Photoshop. And dear Cheryl actually got up from her comfortable chair to show me one part I was missing.
    This was just hit and miss and more about learning how, than designing.
    1st photoshop layoutnoshadows.jpg

Now to go watch another video to figure out shadows. I can't remember what to click to get it on a separate layer.
    I'm so pleased with myself. So much easier than paintshop

cinna, Mylinn, Juliestcyr and 6 others like this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

oh wow ... that is awesome that you jumped in and are doing it! Page looks great Carilyne. Cheryl is the sweetest! and such a patient, kind, loving teacher.

when you have the shadow on your element- hover over it, in the layers palette, and right click to get the pop up menu. then chose Create Layers. that will place it on its own layer.

cfile likes this.
  3. carilyne

Thanks I'll try it. I knew it was a simple step. I appreciate the help.
    Only took 2 months of having CC and opening it a few times to get brave. But MOC was limiting any extra creativity.

cfile likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Wahoo! Way to go Carilyne! I'm a CC beginner too!

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I love how you titled it. :) I moved from PSE to full Photoshop a year and a half ago only because I wanted to get Lightroom CC (after reading it was about to stop being sold alone). I didn't think I really needed full Photoshop, but I sure have been enjoying the things I can do in it that I couldn't do in PSE!

bestcee and cfile like this.
  6. carilyne

I love how much faster some things are than Paintshop. I haven't ever used Photoshop so it's a big difference, although I'm starting to find what I want better and find it's similar to Paintshop in some menus. @keepscrappin you were quite knowledgable last night. I was going to send you a PM and see some tricks you helped with. Thanks for your encouragement.

Yeah it was an unusual title and after working on it so long I think it's big enough for one of the challenges LOL -- that means I have to finish it right? Thanks for the encouragement.

7. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Awe... thanks! I loved helping with the chat last night and ya'll were so good to me. Cheryl is amazing and I always learn so much from watching her. I'm still new to PS CC, but I'm getting better at it everyday. I'd be happy to help you, just holler... lol

8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

What a great first page, Carilyne!

9. carilyne

Thank you. It was so fun. I actually have strokes on my hearts.

10. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Congrats on your first PS page! It took me a week to finish my first one.

11. carilyne

I still have shadows and other finessing. And I had Cheryl so I could do all clipping. But thank you.

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's awesome, Carilyne!! You'll be a pro in no time!!

13. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Carilyne, your first layout using a new to you software looks great. I am sure you will enjoy the journey of mastering it all more and more as time goes on.
    I use Photoshop CS6 and not about to get CC as I cannot really afford it and what I have is good enough for me.

14. carilyne

I got it when Amazon had it on sale. Christmas present to me. Not sure what I'll do next year, but this forum has the scoop on a lot of deals so maybe...

15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Wow, I am so impressed with you. I have been a PSE user for years and am too scared to go to full photoshop.

16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

you did great Carilyne! I remember when I first was using Photo Shop (7) after having been a Paint Shop Pro and Photo Impact person. You have to quite PSP cold turkey and I will tell you you will be thrilled with Photo Shop CC! Look back at those PM links I sent you.. they will help alot... Somtimes doing tutorials on the net help to show you how tools work. Give a holler if you need help. I am here for ya! :)

17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Splitting out PSE shadows is different from PS Shadows.. right clicking on the layer and create layer is in PS...

in PSE you have got to click on the style layer like you are adjusting the sliders.. then move the shadow way out past the object so you will have the object and shadow on one layer... then you use the lasso tool around the shadow and cut to make a new seperate layer and then move the shadow under the pbject layer and move where you want it to be.

18. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Oh!! This just makes me happy to see! I'm so glad that you're making progress in learning the program! Love Cheryl - she's got just the biggest heart! You got help from the right person, for sure!! Glad it's going well for you!

19. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

20. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks