Would you add a "sideways" layout into your album?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Oct 17, 2017.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I think this sounds cool (gutter or not) & just went to check in your gallery Jan, in case u had already made this sideways page to check it out! Depending on the way you design it even with a traditional (not lay flat ) album you might not even lose much of the height (& awe effect it has) of the tree

And yes my mind did go *there* & I thought of the song but I think that makes this whole thing fun & no judging here!

Tree City likes this.
  2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I just can't leave y'all alone for a few days, now can't I? Off in the gutter you all went. :duh

You've had me rolling with laughter here. Seriously. I'll go ahead and do it, but I'm not sure about the lay flat yet. I've not been thinking much about it since I was trying to finish an album to be printed with the Shutterfly unlimited page offer. But now that it's done (no, I didn't complete it on time...) I can start thinking about this one. Woot!

Karen likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

In my defense I wasn't really in the gutter... I was just giving and example of a magazine that made the sideways centerfold work. Lol! :giggle But this thread sure did make me laugh!

4. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

With that picture, I would say yes! Now I’m thinking I should do that the next time I see a lighthouse.

5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@QuiltyMom That is a gorgeous photo, if I were you, I'd do whatever necessary to get it into the page. And since you do 12x12, a double layout would be 24". Pretty impressive.

Showing you a couple of instances where I placed a photo side-ways on the page. I do 8.5 x 11, so in my case, the photo ended up being 11" (or something close to it) rather than 8.5.

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

[​IMG]

QuiltyMom, bestcee and Karen like this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Those are awesome ways to incorporate a sideways photo Marilyn! @mcurtt

mcurtt likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Wow! I must admit that I never thought of that! I love the way you thought outside of the box on those pages. I'm usually the tried and true scrapper and would never have thought of doing that. They are amazing, and I just may have to use this idea, if you don't mind!

mcurtt likes this.
  8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I love the idea and think it would look amazing! That's a great shot and I'd definitely would want it in a book!