Worst week of my life UPDATE

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AmaG, Jul 14, 2017.

1. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

I have to share with my TLP family and friends, even though we have never met IRL, I feel like so many of you are a part of my daily thoughts and life. I haven't scrapped much lately as I found out that my 34 year old husband, my high school sweetheart, and father to our 5 year old son Sam, has a golf ball sized brain tumor in the 4th ventricle of his cerebellum.

We don't know if it's cancerous yet, what the prognosis or treatment plans are, but as I sit alone this morning, clicking back and forth between TLP, updating family via FB messenger and reading on the National Brain Tumor Society page, I feel the need to write about what's going on.

Hoping some scrap therapy will help through this anxious time and asking for thoughts and prayers for my hubby Brian.

I would happy to hear any good vibe stories today! Thanks for reading,
    Ama

Juliestcyr likes this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Ama! Let's be positive and until someone says otherwise, believe. Hugs, this is so scary and such a hard time to go through. We are here and please keep us posted. I know I wouldn't know what to make of the situation as my head would be spinning in all the wrong directions! I hope that you've reached out for support and you have a small village rallying behind you. If you need more villagers, please send me a conversation! I'm here, and I know we are in next door states!

AmaG likes this.
  3. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I don't know what kind of tumor he has, but I do know that there has been wonderful advancements in treatments of many brain tumors in the 18 years since my father had his brain tumor diagnosis.

I'll be hoping for the best for him and your whole family.

AmaG likes this.
  4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

My goodness...I can't even imagine processing what you are processing. Sending you my thoughts and truly hoping that this tumor is not cancerous. Please keep us posted. ((BIG HUGS))

AmaG likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Ama, let's pray is benign and can be dried up using radiation therapy or something not too invasive. My mom just got one treated but it was smaller, it was also in between her brain.

AmaG likes this.
  6. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Positive thoughts and hugs coming your way. Hoping for a benign diagnosis.

AmaG likes this.
  7. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Thanks, ladies. The waiting and wondering is so hard. I just want answers now, now, now. I'm pretending to be in good spirits because my husband is but I'm collapsing inside. The only thing that helps is distraction or complete immersion in talking to others about it, reading about it, etc.

8. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

You're in my thoughts, Ama. Don't feel guilty for taking care of yourself too, during this tough time.

AmaG likes this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm so sorry Ama. I just sent up a prayer for your husband and for you--for strength and for hope and peace. Please, take care of yourself.

AmaG likes this.
  10. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Oh, Ama. I'm so sorry you both are having to go through this. Try to be positive. Advancements in medical technology are amazing. Even better than that, the power of prayer is amazing! I will certainly be praying for both of you. Please keep us in the loop. You're part of our family, and your pain is our pain. {Hugs!} :grouphug @AmaG

AmaG likes this.
  11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

(Hugs) first! Second my girlfriend just had surgery to remove 'Fred' which was also a brain tumor. It was not cancer thank The Lord! She is now in rehabilitation and doing great! She is a very positive person!

I will put this on my list for prayer with my woman's bible study group!

I know its hard but try to stay positive!

Karen, londoncuppa and AmaG like this.
  12. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I'm so sorry! I think I'd be doing the exact same thing on the web that you're doing. I always want all the information so I can be prepared. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers. I wish for you peace, perseverance, & solidarity at this time. :grouphug

AmaG likes this.
  13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Oh Ama...so sorry to hear. Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts sent for your hubs. Try to remain as calm and positive as possible until you have all the results. I hope this will be just a blip in his life road and he'll come out the other end of this healthy.

AmaG likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh no! Sending you BIG HUGS and lots of prayers. Don't feel guilty for worrying, it's only natural. Glad you're trying to stay positive. It's the worst feeling ever while you're waiting to hear if your spouse has cancer. We did that seven years ago when my husband was 39 and went in for appendicitis and they found a tumor instead of his appendix. Our kids were 4, 10 and 12. It ended up being colon cancer, but everything worked out in the end.

My best advice is to stay positive, trust in the Lord and take care of yourself so you can be there to support your hubby and son. My hubby was so positive through it all. He always had a smile on his face and joked around with the nurses while getting his chemo. I know that his positive attitude and blessings from God are what got us through it all. HANG IN THERE! We're here for you. If you need to vent, we'll listen.

londoncuppa and AmaG like this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my! What a shock that must have been to hear! I'll be praying that you are able to get some answers quickly to settle your minds and that it's non-cancerous and that in a short amount of time you'll be able to relay your wonderful success story to someone else who is hearing the same news.

AmaG likes this.
  16. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Hugs, Ama! I know it would be impossible not to worry in your situation. I am sending positive thoughts your way and praying for the best.

AmaG likes this.
  17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I know you are so overwhelmed with many thoughts and carrying a heavy burden of worry. I'm praying that you will be surrounded by a large group of family and friends that are within close range who can help you carry this burden. I'm almost always around The Pad and on Facebook, and can certainly chat via text or a phone call. Sometimes it's much easier to talk to someone that's not related or involved in the situation. Like others have offered, I am here and will be more than happy to talk with you. I'm sending you a PM, along with loads of ((HUGS)).

AmaG likes this.
  18. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Sending you and your hubby and little boy MASSIVE hugs Ama .... this sucks but we are here for a shoulder or a listening ear.

AmaG likes this.
  19. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

AMA, so sorry. Modern medical science works its wonders daily. Hugs to you and I'm so glad you came to the forum to share your situation. Please keep us posted.

AmaG likes this.
  20. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Oh Ama, hoping for the best positive diagnosis for your husband. Waiting sucks and I hope you have news soon so you can move on to whatever treatment is needed. xx

AmaG likes this.