Why it Works | Photographic Blur

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Mar 1, 2018.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

found this gem by @Roboliver Siblings and motion blur seem to go togeher here at this house too! :giggle I love this!

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I should have tons of B blurry while skating but I can't find not one so I am going to FAKE it! LOL!!! I love this!

Vrielinkie likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

4. fanon

fanon Well-Known Member

5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

this is amazing, I remember when I still wasn't a scrapper, my carer was an amateur photographer and showed me how to use radial (or ratial) blur in PSE, but I haven;t been able to make it, my memory is bad and my PSE hardly works (I think is PSE 06) but the effect was awesome, this is us going through a passage in Euro Disney, Sarita pushing my wheelchair so the effect is awesome...

eurodisney 6th and 7th july 06 160.jpg

[​IMG]

jenn mccabe, bellbird and yellowpeep like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm late to the bur party but i do like photographic blur when it serves a purpose. Its great for movement in dance and sports and kids that are hyperactive in general and action and just real life! i used it here to show the weather (# english life) & a helicopter toy in motion (so it didn't just look like a weird ball with 3 blades suspended in mid air)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    i use it a fair bit with the kids & with water (it's great for waves & frothy waterfalls but i can't find a page i scrapped with them)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

jenn mccabe and Cherylndesigns like this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oh and some things like rides are just so much more fun and true to life with motion blur!
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe, jk703 and Cherylndesigns like this.
  9. jenn mccabe

Such awesome examples @bellbird ... TFS your pages. Love that scooter photo with the journaling right on it!

bellbird likes this.
  10. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Is this still active? Didn't know what gallery to put it in so I just put it in Members. I applied motion blurs to the shaft and head of the golf club and to the title. Thanks for the tut. So much fun!
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe and Cherylndesigns like this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

@SharLamb I just saw this in the gallery. I love it!!

12. jenn mccabe

Yes, Why it Works is an active, ongoing series! We usually have a new article (or maybe two) each month ... but welcome you to try out the techniques, ideas and designs anytime you are looking for something new (or sometimes revisiting an old idea that you haven't done in awhile) to try out!

I love that you tried adding your own blur to the golf club - definitely takes the photo to another level and makes it something special! Such a great choice of photo to use for this technique! Love the title too! Thank you for sharing!

13. jenn mccabe

Somehow I missed seeing this awesome photo Cynthia!!! Yes, radial blur is an option under FIlter>Blur>Radial Blur (in PSCC) and it's so fun to play with too! What a cool idea to apply it while in a passage/tunnel environment! Now I want to give this idea a try!!! :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I've actually made this for the June's scraplift challenge, but I wanted to show it off here as I used a blurry/motion photo. :)
    [​IMG]

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.