Why don't people use the gallery "like" button?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dawnmarch, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I use the "like" button a lot, but most of the time is if I have no time to leave comments and your page caught my attention. I wish I had the time to leave comments to every single LO but when I can't I click the LIKE.

MrsPeel and Squirrely like this.
  2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I use the "like" button a ton because I am socially awkward & find it hard to express my feelings sometimes. Sometimes you can't shut me up, but that's another story.

Tree City and MrsPeel like this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Whenever possible I like to coment in the gallery rather than "like" it. But I do like the idea of using "like" to acknowledge a gallery comment. It's like saying thank you. In the forum, I "like" a post if I relate to it, agree with it, etc.

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

@Squirrely not sure you know I am also disabled ? I understand you more than you can ever imagine. The difference with me is I have some home help, and I have the computer next to my bed so I don't need to leave the bed to use it, but my energy levels, the use of my brain and my arms...all are limited by different conditions, so I go through periods of time I don't read the forum at all, and some periods of time in which my gallery commenting goes down (which sometimes makes me feel guilty of not being a very good Polly)
    The like button is Ok, and I reckon taking into consideration all your health, you are an amazing part of the Pad's family, so go ahead and use it as much as you want, :) you want to hve the energy to be able to scrap and give us all those awesome pages of yours!!!!!

yes to this.

and in general, I have to say, this community is so full of LOVE (all capitals!!! major love!!!) that I think most of us know and appreciate the "like" when is given to us, even if you don;t have time to comment in the page....we know you love the page, we know you "have been there" and took a minute at least to let us know you love it.
    anyway, I had written another kilometric post but I realize I was coming of subject and just talking my emotional old bag talk.... LOL I feel the love so so much, you cannot imagine how much good you all do to my life.

Serena, Squirrely and angiekey like this.
  5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I try not to use the like button, unless it is to show the person that I liked their comment ,as a way to say thank you , or if I am super pressed for time. I can count on one hand the times I used it instead of a comment on a page, I don't in fact like the like button much , there that's a mouthful. To me it is not meaningful - facebook made sure of that.

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. Squirrely

Squirrely Well-Known Member

I did realize you too were disabled, yes Cynthia, but only recently because you'd never know it to see you and "hear" you post. You are an EXCELLENT Polly, believe me, because you represent the Pad beautifully with your spirit and kindness, and not the least is your incredible talent.

:bk

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I try same, mainly because I'm a creature of habit these days... Andy used to say we have an addicted personality..... so I', kind of afraid that I would get in the habit of using the button and then miss on so so many great chats, learning to know people, there are many of you that have replied to my comments in the gallery in your LOs and we ended up knowing a great deal about each other....and that, I treasure.
    Even though I understand the Facebook dislike...... I try not to go terribly hard on it, because if it wasn't for Facebook, I wouldn't be able to know how my (extremely huge ) family is doing, I would be spending tons of money on calling my parents and my cousins (we speak almost regularly with most and also their children who have been here with their own children on holiday and stayed in our house.
    The use of the "like" button on Facebook for me, is not that isn't meaningful (I do agree to a point that a "like" does not have the volume of importance of me stopping on a page or photo to comment) but having almost 1000 friends on Facebook, many of them being family, buty almost as many being scrappers, some people I don't really know but know they are scrappers so I wont deny them the friendship if they are keen on looking at my pages, of course, is that when you actually comment on a LO or photo, then you will get a HUGE amount of notifications which with my brain neurologically impaired, takes ages to sort what is something I need to look and what is something that I can delete....PLUS Facebook gets it wrong 50% of the times and I get notifications that are up to 6 months old.....

Some of you have noticed that I stopped posting in social media apart from very very especial occasions and my pages of course.... I haven't felt the need to share stuff on Facebook and got that "social media is evil" feel for a few months.... but I end up realizing that very very important facts, news and friends I have made over social media....
    Like in every walk of life, this Universe has the good, the bad and the ugly.
    I try to weed out the ugly, which ends up always being outnumbered by the really Good :)

and even though I know we need to catch up (you & me, Vivi) I know the like button wont do when I go to your pages because you are one of those people that lived in my heart since the very first closer conversation we had when you started here , so yes, I am 100% with you (apart for the Facebook thing, on that, lets say we are 50% in agreement? )
    @Nemla

my heart is being squeezed right now and I'm (again} crying. seriously, I wish I had money to jump on a plane & go hugg you. Thank you, thank you so so hugely. and more huggzzzz

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

@MrsPeel Don't mind me as regards to facebook , it is a pet hate of mine ( especially now, because I have to use the bl.... thing for the photography course, since the teacher posts lesson plans and outings schedules , a pain in the backside , because I spent ages trawling through countless posts, to try and make sure I don't miss anything important.- the teacher and the group are my only" Friends " because they have to be -LOL ,everything else is barred) But I do understand it as a great tool to keep in touch, and if my family lived in Brazil I would use it too. :like your post a lot ! :yup

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love the like button on forum posts to say I have seen your post, or I can totally agree.
    In the gallery I love leaving comments and am the same as other's unless someone asks me a question (which I will answer) I tend to click like to say "thanks" for your like!

10. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

I forget it is there!