Why don't people use the gallery "like" button?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dawnmarch, Mar 16, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I feel like a horrible commenter...horrible!! There usually isn't one specific reason I like a layout, so it's hard to point out exactly what it is...it's everything or the subject. So I feel like an idiot when I start picking and choosing something. I don't even know if this make sense to anyone else or if it's just me.

I use the "like" button in the gallery a lot!! I don't feel so awkward or feel like I'm repeating what everyone has said.

dawnmarch, grrfluudy and bestcee like this.
  2. sabrinavc

sabrinavc Designer

I also use the like button since I'm here, when I have more time I also comment if I want to say more than oh it's pretty or I like it :)

dawnmarch and grrfluudy like this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I click like in the gallery! It just annoys me sometimes that I can only like it from the "outside", when I've opened the image I have to either comment or not. I would the option to like the page from there too.

dawnmarch likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Like others have said, I just prefer to leave comments in the gallery and honestly a lot of times I just forget the "like" button is there when I'm cruising through. I'm too busy commenting lol

:heartslub this! And you leave such wonderful comments @Serena :) They are much appreciated.

I use the like button in the forum A LOT! Mostly as an acknowledgement or quick thanks or that's really cool. And I try to "like" every comment on my pages because I do truly appreciate and love every single one I get.

I love that TLP is so full of wonderful people who take the time to comment and "like" layouts. It is so great to pop in to the gallery and not see any layouts that don't have at least a little love on 'em!!

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

You can like with the image open as well :) It's just not a heart and kinda small

[​IMG]

6. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I think I hit "like" on all of these awesome posts! :giggle

angiekey, dawnmarch, bellbird and 2 others like this.
  7. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Ok, silly me, I thought the 'like' button was to keep the LO. To place it in your favorites, like on Etsy, or something. So if I'm scraplifting for a challenge, or just over the top super-love a LO I will "like" it.
    I love getting comments of course, but if people hit the like button on my LO's I wouldn't be mad. I wouldn't look a gift 'like' in the mouth!! LOL
    And like many people mentioned, I 'like' people's comments on my LO's. And I try to reply, too. :)

8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i liked courtney's post to say i agree with what she said - sometimes i use it if i'm on my phone though and just quickly browsing inbetween doing things and don't have time for meaningful comments at that second or if i'm looking thru one persons gallery for scraplift inspiration -dont wanna look like i'm stalking by commenting on every page at once (did this to @aballen 's gallery this week LOL)

grrfluudy, dawnmarch and bestcee like this.
  9. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

@IntenseMagic Thank you, dear Lady! And thank you for teaching us about the like button on the inside! I thought the same thing about having to go to the outside!

grrfluudy, dawnmarch and IntenseMagic like this.
  10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I haven't read the other posts, (just your initial one ) but I am sure most have answered same:

There is nothing like coming back to the pages you posted and find a comment from someone who took their time to actually look at your page...is never the same thing from the thumbnail than when you click on it, then I love reading the journalings, and I have made some of my most loved friendships here through exchange of comments that either I made in their pages or they made ion mine......
    having someone who takes the time to look, read, know you a bit and comment even if something that makes the page for them.... so, whilst the "like" button saves time...it looses you a huge amount of opportunities to get to know better some of the most amazing people..... I only use the like button for pages when I am very very in a hurry, but even so, I make a note to come back to the page to post a comment later..... :)
    I think one of the key elements that set The Pad apart from any other place in the industry, is that we have a community that is gold in givi9ng you incentive, support, love...and the like clicking somehow does not make that happen for me at least -

angiekey, amandac, Squirrely and 3 others like this.
  11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

so I just used 3000000 words to say this :giggle

12. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

This whole post gives me the warm fuzzies. You guys are the best. Such a supportive and kind community!

13. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Well I guess I am weird along with you Jenn :happyhug:giggle I would rather leave comments in the gallery and likes in the forum too.

dawnmarch, jk703 and MrsPeel like this.
  14. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

WOW, I am embarrassed! Didn't even notice there was a like button. But I love to leave comments.

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

How do you get these notifications? Something new every day to learn.

I rarely use the like button in the gallery. If I have the time to add something, it will be a comment and yes, I do a 'like' for all comments that are made on my pages. That is my TY.

In the forums, I rarely think to add likes. I don't know why but maybe it's just that I'm reading and if there's something I like a lot I will probably do a post to the person within the thread.

dawnmarch likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My alert notifications are set up so if someone "Likes Your Comment" than I get an alert. I actually have all the Gallery Options in the "Alert Preferences" turned on. This is different than the Preferences! I can walk you through step by step if you want.

dawnmarch likes this.
  17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks Courtney...just link me to the spot please. There are so many hidden corners....:hummm

dawnmarch likes this.
  18. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

THIS!

but also Courtney's comment - I like posts and gallery comments to say I read this, I saw it, I agree, I like what you said, thank you for commenting... all of those sentiments go into my "like" reasoning. :)

I should use the like in the gallery more, because I think you can look back on them... "your liked media" or something? that would be an excellent scraplift/mojo booster.

Originally, you would get all sorts of notifications on gallery/media images you liked. I think I got that turned off really quickly. i didn't need 75 notifications of others who also liked and/or commented on the same layout I did. :giggle

dawnmarch likes this.
  19. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Can I like all these comments? Lol. I use like when I'm rushed but truly do like a layout!!

dawnmarch likes this.
  20. Squirrely

Squirrely Well-Known Member

I totally agree with everything Cynthia said, so many of you actually make me choke up when I read comments on my layouts. That said, I have a conundrum that pretty much forces me to use the Like button alot more often that I leave comments - and I HATE that. I'm disabled, and my 'upright' time is very limited to usually no more than 5 - 6 hours a day, and in that time I have to clean, do laundry and all that fun stuff (just for myself though) AND get my scrapping in. So usually when I am here my time is limited, so I post my layouts, link them up and dash off for the most part. I can't get used to a laptop either, and my tablet is ancient.

So I really REALLY would love to leave more love, but for me, the like button is way to go most of the time. And like you Cynthia, I used an additional 30,000 words to say the same thing ;). Today's a good spine day!

angiekey and MrsPeel like this.