Why do you participate in the challenges?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by pbrooks, Apr 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

I just uploaded my 4th challenge layout and realized I need 2 more layouts for the 30% coupon.

The coupon is what drives me to join in on the challenges but they also encourage me to scrap. I very rarely scrap unless I participate in a challenge.

What about you?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  2. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

Mainly for inspiration. Recently I'm using old kits from 2013-2014 to catch up scrapping photos from 2012-2013 so I don't even upload them. The challenges keep me chugging along.

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Same as @pbrooks - coupons help negate the currency conversion too so at 30% off it’s almost $ for $

redplaid3, Genniejoy and pbrooks like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I take part in the challenges for inspiration to get some memory pages created.
    I would take part in challenges even if there were no coupons.

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I do the challenges for the jumpstart, the inspiration. I like them even without participation prizes. However, with my very low digiscrap budget I’m very very grateful for the coupons!

pbrooks and littlekiwi like this.
  6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

For me, it's to push me out of my pocket scrapping comfort zone. I'm way behind on Project Life right now, so I haven't done many challenges lately... but I can't wait to get back to it. I have one 105 page trip album that is made up almost entirely of TLP challenge layouts and MOC layouts... it's probably my favorite book I've ever made. :-)

ashleywb, suzyqscraps and pbrooks like this.
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

For the challenge... really simply for the challenge it self,if there is a prize at the end so much the better.

cfile and pbrooks like this.
  8. pbrooks

What a great idea to use your stash! I need to do more of that!

9. pbrooks

Wow! 105 pages, I cam see why it is so special!

Mylinn and tkradtke like this.
  10. pbrooks

That makes me think of going shopping to buy a particular item that I need and finding that it is on sale!

11. pbrooks

Yay! So glad that the coupons help!

12. pbrooks

I know they really push me to scrap! When I look back at my layouts, I see that almost all of them are because of challenges.

13. pbrooks

There are so many inspiring layouts here at the Pad! I know what you mean about a low budget for scrapping supplies. Now that I am retired, I really have to watch the pennies for hobbies!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

The monthly ( and AJ weekly) challenges are kinda like Christmas morning;
    you never know what the direction will be, and it is fun to see something different each time. That is something that TLP is better at than any other site I know!!! The coupon is a bonus. I also use the challenges to Umm, (ahem!) challenge myself to see if I can get them done in a certian time frame, or if I am able to restrain myself and pace them out. With the recent months of cancer scare and now the move, I used them to vent pent up energy! :crazy3 THANKS Froggy-land!!!:bk

15. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I love the inspiration the challenges give me, both from the challenges' reqs themselves and from other scrappers' pages. TBH, I've actually forgotten to use the coupon code more times than I care to admit lol. :) But it's definitely a great perk!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  16. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Although the 30% coupon is a great incentive because of my low Social Security check I live on, I DO love the inspiration that comes with the challenges!! I wait every month to see what subjects these awesome gals will throw our way!!! Especially the photography challenge!! I love looking at everyone elses ideas for the challenges.

17. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Mostly for the challenges, they take me outside of my box! I love them! The coupon is an added bonus.

Angela Toucan and pbrooks like this.
  18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love to be challenged! It gets me out of ruts I tend to get in to from time to time. There are times that I look at my gallery and think everything looks alike. Challenges help me mix it up a bit. I have slacked off playing lately and I really need to change that!!

Angela Toucan and pbrooks like this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love the challenges! The coupons are a very nice reward, but I just love the "kick start" they give me. As soon as one is listed, my brain starts spinning. I like to scrap every day and the challenges definitely give me lots of incentive.

Angela Toucan, pbrooks and Rikki like this.
  20. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

The challenges do actually challenge me and I like that.
    But the coupons definitely motivate me too. To scrap more, or try something.

I'm currently on a hiatus (no motivation, too busy in my head, bought a house and will be renovating and diy-ing well into the summer), so no challenges for me. But normally I would try for 6 each month. Because of both reasons I mentioned.

bestcee and pbrooks like this.