Who's Ready for Spring?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by BevG, Feb 15, 2017.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yup, me! Change that siggie, show us what you are wishing for. Our spring break is just 2 weeks and 3 days away....

And my daffodils are blooming.

kimingvtx likes this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

ME! ME! ME!

I am a summer girl at heart... so I'll take spring next! I just love the warmth, and sun. It makes my heart happy.

Lindzee and BevG like this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

We've been in spring mode in the Valley for a while now...I'll send some sunshine and 70's your way!! Last weekend it was 83 at my house.

BevG and bestcee like this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

It was about 83 here in NC too, but now it is 50s and frost at night. It snowed once this winter.

5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am suffering through the worst of Summer so am going to chime in here and say that Autumn is coming and y'all can have summer - I am over her!

jk703, LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

How's the water situation @Eyeore ?

I have spring already - and I'm loving it!

BevG likes this.
  7. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I'd take spring in a heartbeat but it's still winter here in Sweden. We had -9 degrees C the other day. Yesterday it was +9C so we got our hopes up!

Jan, BevG and QuiltyMom like this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We haven't had much of a winter, but I'm still ready for spring with consistently warm weather and more sunshine. I'm like Jenn, I'm a summer girl...the sun and warmth give me energy!

jk703, BevG and bestcee like this.
  9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Meeeeee! I can't wait for the cherry blossoms to come out. That is my official winter-is-over event.

jk703, BevG and cinna like this.
  10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We're still waiting for winter to stick around for a while here in Virginia. I think more of this winter has felt like spring than it has like winter! There have been two snow dustings and one snowstorm that made everything beautiful with an inch of fluffiness, but that all disappeared in a day. We may have some more snow; we often have a snowstorm right around the official first day of spring!

I've definitely been warmer this winter than ever before. I've been wearing short sleeves a lot, even sometimes out on neighborhood walks.

I do prefer the warmer months because I like wearing less clothing. It just seems wrong for winter to be so warm after living here for over a decade, getting used to 4 distinct seasons. (I moved to Virginia from southern California where coats are barely needed).

BevG likes this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@bestcee The cold fronts usually start coming through early March and bring rain, so we have a little ways to hang in there. It has been so much cooler than usual so high 20C to 30C instead of high 30C so that is such an answer to prayer. The fires have stopped too so much to be thankful for.

BevG and bestcee like this.
  12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Me, me, me! Always ready for warmer weather. I was just thinking about how I've almost survived another winter...and it's actually been pretty tame here.

BevG likes this.
  13. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

I have loved our winter this year. Seems like it has had a lot more colder as well as rainy days than we have had for a long time. I can wait for spring. I enjoy the cool weather.

BevG likes this.
  14. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

We've had one of the hottest summers on record but I'm still not ready to face the cold yet...

BevG likes this.
  15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

here, here! what she said! hurry up Autumn!

StefanieS likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

the cold is fine with me, it's the early dark that i'm not a fan of

BevG likes this.
  17. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Me, too!! I'm on constant watch for them starting mid-March. One year they popped out on my birthday and it was magical!

This year it has been unseasonably warm, so maybe they will be out early again. It was in the 70s today and is supposed to be for most of the week. I was able to get out and go running today, and it was amazing!

BevG likes this.
  18. gillscott

gillscott Waldo's just my alias

we have had a verymild winter but definately ready for spring. the snowdrops are out so hopefully springflowers are not far away

BevG likes this.
  19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Me too ... we are quite a ways away from true Spring .... but we got a taste yesterday ... it was 60 and felt like heaven. I cleaned my house ALL day ... with almost all the windows open. It felt amazing. Today its back to cold again though. I can't wait for the sun and warmth ... just need to remember to start taking may allergy medicine next month! sniff sniff

20. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Are you in the DC area? If so, I've been totally clueless.