Where to begin w/uploading and sharing in the forum?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by DeniseB817, Feb 1, 2016.

1. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

I've been looking through post after post and just can't seem to find anything on where to begin in sharing layouts. I'm sure I can figure out how to upload to the gallery but I'm finding that I'm nervous because I tend to use a mod podge of different things on my layouts and may not always know who's done what.

Once I do have them uploaded to the gallery, how do I get them here into the forums?

Thanks for the help!

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

aw,@DeniseB817 first off, a big welcome to the pad. It is a bit daunting. I don't know if you are new here or new to the digiscrap world. But I am here to help! ♥
    GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.
    To upload,
    Go to Gallery, and click the pink button
    Add Layout
    you have the choice where to upload.
    The designers here love to see if you use their designs, and feel free to click on one. There is a multiple of categories. There is also a second choice if you need.
    ONCE you do that a button appears PINK again that says Upload Image.
    find your saved for WEB image.
    If you don't know how to save for web there are a few options we can go to also.
    ONCE your image is in the gallery..you have this option:

[​IMG]
    To share in the forum number 3 is your best bet. Just copy that and paste in the forum. It is nice because then people can click on it in the forum and go to your gallery.

I hope this is clear for you, I will be in and out most of the evening, if you need more help. Just put a @ sign then my name and I will be here ex: @AnneofAlamo

Mylinn likes this.
  3. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

@AnneofAlamo Thanks for your help!! Should I make a thread for my layouts that I share? Or was that just for the MOC? I know there was a thread to put our layouts for this month's challenges. I might try to tackle a few of those.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

If you have done any of the MOC challenges, I would recommend posting in EACH challenge thread. There is ONE winner chosen (some random, some by favorite done) from each challenge for a Gift Certificate prize.
    I would make a thread in the LAYOUTS section for February if you would like to try and finish 7 of the 8. This is where they check to send the 30% coupon and plus you are entered for a guest spot on the lily pad creative team for a month. (one cool gig).There is more to explain the challenge system HERE.
    I also wrote a welcome to the Lily Pad blog post, and it may help you too..or bring more questions.

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I just wanted to jump in here and say welcome to the Lilypad, Denise! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!

6. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

Thanks so much you guys!! I just uploaded my first layout to the gallery.

enjoyyourpix, HeatherB and sushimommy like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Glad Anne was able to help you out and I just wanted to add my welcome to TLP! :) Your first page(s) in the gallery were gorgeous!

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm getting ready to upload my first layout to the gallery (MOC) and then link it to the forum. I just read the top post and have a question. Can "find your saved for WEB image" be uploaded from my computer? I sized it 550 x 550.

bestcee likes this.
  9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Are you asking how to save for web? If so what program are you using?
    Yes, you can upload a 550x550 sized image, just make sure the filesize is under 250KB. I know Anne @AnneofAlamo or Courtney @bestcee did up a fab tutorial on how to do that. I just can't seem to find it tonight. I think I'm just too tired. Quote me in your reply so I'll know to come back in the morning and help you if need more help. Thanks.

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yes - 550 x 550 is fine if it's under 250 k! Does this help?
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/gallery-sizes-and-crediting.51961/