What's on your Wall | Pad Patter 4.20.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenevang, Apr 20, 2018.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Right now... what are you looking at? Where are you sitting and what's is on the closest wall to you? Facing a window? Turn around... what's on that wall, LOL. (Bonus points for pictures)

I'm sitting in my dining room, looking at a wall with 2 windows and between the windows is hanging an antique wall clock from Germany. My parents got it when we lived there thanks to the US Army. It's handcrafted, gorgeous and they gave it to me and Brad when we bought our first home after getting married. It's precious to me and I rarely "see" it since it's been in the same spot for so many years.

IMG_8310.JPG
    It's good to see it! Your turn...

2. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Shadows, my big tv that is playing monitor at the moment, a kleenex box, turned off brass lamp, lots of pill bottles (its set up day) and 2 (yes 2) sonic route 44 teas....and assorted mail.

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It's kind of dark in here right now, so I can't get any good photos. I have a corner desk, so directly in front of me is the corner of the wall. To my right is a window and beside it my very first 35mm camera is hanging on the wall. On the other side of the corner are 3 square wall hangings that say dream, imagine, and inspire. Directly behind me is another window with a clock on one side of it and 2 shelves on the other.

honeyandcheese likes this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

on the wall.jpg
    This is up on the wall to the left where I sit at my computer. It is my Dad when he was in the army during World War II and very applicable to share this as this coming week here in Australia we celebrate Anzac Day... remembering those who fought for our country during all the wars. I created this 3D scrapbook page quite some years ago and will pass this onto my grandson one day.

jenn mccabe and honeyandcheese like this.
  5. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

A big canvas triptych world map. I used to have a giant clock on this wall but it's funny how even your decor becomes educational when you're homeschoolers.

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm looking at my computer screen. :giggle

But if I look up at the wall behind my computer I can see a calendar, a family portrait, a clock, and a picture collage. The collage contains photos from prior to 2011 when I first put it together. The clock has also been there since 2011. I made the family portrait in 2014 and hung it a year or so later. Behind it, in the same frame, is a photo I took of a beautiful stormy sky over my neighborhood. I got both of them free in one of the many Shutterfly deals they're always sending out. I've displayed the family portrait much more than the scenery picture. I made the calendar with a Shutterfly deal too and I don't actually use it much. I just added all the X's and "KD" today after I told my son we're probably going to make our first quick visit to Kings Dominion next Friday. We just bought season passes for the first time -- very exciting! -- and he wanted a visual representation of the time until we go. I put that calendar up for my kids to use. I use my Apple digital calendar. To my right as I sit here, there are 3 windows looking over my back yard. To my left is the kitchen. And behind me is the back door and the family room. :)
    WEB2018-04-20-nook-001.jpg

7. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

That's a beautiful clock!! We only have two photos on the wall which my hubby took.
    20180420_183809.jpg 20180420_183828.jpg

8. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, lets see. I am watching tv (yeah while on the computer, I'm a multi tasker!) So I am looking at the wall with my tiny tv and my shelf with all my goodies on it.
    OOPS, that didn't work! Let me try something else. OK, there it is!
    [​IMG]

To the right of me is my messy side table with my doTerra Defuser, kleenex, and my bible and study book which I was working on earlier. On the wall is my Shalom wall hanger, a gift from my niece. It was my sister's and my niece sent it to me after she passed.
    [​IMG]

Behind me is the wall separating the iiving room from the kitchen. On it is my favorite picture of an old fashion class room. Tucked in the corner is my graduation photo from 1957. Under that is my "Memories" picture.

[​IMG]

My windows are to the right of me.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  9. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

The lighting in here is awful right now (dark outside, really yellow lights in this room), but this is what's above my desk.

IMG_1921.JPG

When my husband started attending conferences for work, I needed something happy to have my kids focus on while he was gone. Now when he's away for 3+ days, I give my boys an empty canvas and they can work on a project to show their daddy when he gets home. There's one big one on another wall, and then these 3 are the most recent.

AJK, MrsEm and Angela Toucan like this.
  10. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

What a neat idea, Rebekah! LOVE their art work.

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Love seeing everybody's walls. The lighting isn't great and I'm not happy using a flash this close up. Right over my desk is this 16 x 20 picture I took of the Sanibel Lighthouse. I had it stretched on a canvas.
    IMG_0722.JPG

I have two small walls that I have more of my art on. These are two black & white photographs one is on a canvas and in a frame and the one on top is the very first picture I developed and printed myself in a darkroom.

IMG_0719.JPG

On another little wall is an 8 x 8 layout, framed and a 6 x 6 canvas I made.

IMG_0720.JPG

Attached Files:

Angela Toucan likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

on the wall in front of me, underneath a load of paper crafting supplies - artwork by my girls for my birthday a few years ago.

Attached Files:

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Until I get a new desk I am using a double card table as my desk and it is against the wall. 2 monitors in front of me and above them is my dream board (a magnetic board with file cards of various dreams I hope to accomplish). I sit near the corner of the room so to my left is my "Living The Dream" board where I put the dream cards I have accomplished along with photos. Just to the left of this is a grouping of 3 counted cross stitch that I did in the late 1980's. Window to the left of these.

Behind me on the other side of the room is the loveseat that I sit on to read. Above it is a display of Precious Moments ornaments. To the left of it is a unique photo display of my favorite pics of my dogs, and my dad and me. A 5' closet is on that wall as well.

The TV is to my right. That wall has a bulletin board from my high school days (this was my bedroom back then) and 2 more counted cross stitch. Door to the room is on this wall.

The other window in the room is to the right of the double card table. I have empty wall space but until I know what kind of desk I will be getting, I'm holding off about putting anything else on the walls.

14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

THAT is fantastic!!!!!! What a great practice and creative use of time/energy!!!

15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Behind me?? Well, I'm outside at my son's house so- trees, bushes, grass, play area and his church!