What Quote You

Discussion in 'Journaling and Storytelling' started by purlz76, Jul 19, 2014.

1. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

When Jacque offers that pair of cute freebies, my 1st thought is to find a quote from Downton Abbey to do a page with it.

Then when I saw the Doily Tutorial, I so wanna try that.

So off I went browsing the store for more goodies. Then it hit me that I wanna do a black-white page to match the freebie using LBW's Black & White pp. And it fits into the Trend Watch Challenge - Doily too.

But I just cannot seem to find a related Abbey's quote. So I have to switch gear to the color scheme.

So here I am with my black-&-white-quote page.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  2. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

My question to you is .... Do you go to ALLLLLL THAAAAAT "trouble/problem" in planning for your page? :giggle

Well, I do if & when the inspiration hits me. On top of that, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE using quotes and sayings on my page.

And ... do you use quotes &/or sayings on your page? If yes, maybe you can share them in here. So that I can get more inspirations myself. :thumbsups

Or maybe you can create a new page using a quote. *wink wink*

3. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

Here's a recent page of mine which I went digging for a quote to match my photo's main attraction = Grandmother.

[​IMG]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

!!! Putting the process down in words is bringing my mojo back manz !!! :wooot :woot :wooot :woot

4. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Oh, I love browsing through quotes for inspiration. I have a Pinterest board filled with them, as well as a gmail category for them and a sticky note on my iMac dedicated to them. I need to revisit!

grrfluudy likes this.
  5. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

Oh yeees !!!!! Pinterest !!!

Once I've gotten over the "always-stuck" mindset re Pinterest, I will go there for some inspirations too. But it's still a maze for me. My 1st place to search is Mr Google's.

6. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

Oh ... I just remembered that I had "liked" a few fb pages where it is stock full of quotes - Awesome Quotes, Positive Daily Quotes. I think there's one relating to the Bible and Women in general.

Time to do some digging to get my mind off the hot-humid weather I'm having now. COOLIO !!!!

grrfluudy likes this.
  7. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

I loooove quotes. I am always on the lookout for something good, especially travel related since that's what a lot of my photos are about.

I think if I were to do a Downton Abbey page, I'd have to find something from the Dowager Countess. She's awesome and so much material there.

8. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

Jen, when I was searching for DA's quotes, she is the only one with quotes using the word black/white.

“Give him a date for when Mary’s out of mourning. No one wants to kiss a girl in black.”

y_baros likes this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

10. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

Jen, I used this travel quote on a travel kit with a non-travel photo. You can see it in my blog HERE.

“The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” -G.K. Chesterton

11. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

!!!!! ANNNNNNNNEEEEE !!!!!

I. So. Wanna. Kiss.

!!!! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!

I'm gonna start a board for quotes too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

That kissing quote is giving me ideas for a page. :giggle
    But first I have to get my hands on the appropriate kits.

12. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

I told you I love using quotes on my page, right?

Here's another one for the One Word Challenge = Silly.

Silliness Makes Your Soul Smile.
    [​IMG]

grrfluudy likes this.
  13. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I am such a quote person. I too have a Pinterest board for quotes. I have a few quote sites bookmarked. I also have two books of quotes that I have used for paper scrapbooking and for sentiments in my card making. The books are well loved as I have used them for years.

14. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

I Love quotes!
    I usually search on goodreads for author or theme, or Google it
    Or song! I love to quote some lyric.

15. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

And OH I'm so following that DA board right now :)

16. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

Chiara, I also love using song lyrics on my page. Esp when I have so much to say yet dunno what nor how to start. Then when I know the song lyrics say it all, that is it manz !!!!

I did this mini album to scrap my wedding photos. And most of the journal are song lyrics. :wooot :clappy

17. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

I have a quote/words board on Pinterest but keep forgetting to back in there and put those on my pages!

Something added to the "to do" list!

Xxx

18. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I love this!! Great quote!! I remember a quote from you at an art journal chat a very long time ago when Anne used to host them. I warned you at the time I was going to make something
    with it.
    [​IMG]
    great quote, I don't really like how the painting turned out, though.

19. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

OH MY GOSH!!!! That page is awesome!!!
    I love the use of two different fonts and colours. And the background effect is so befitting to the quote.
    I love love love the entire page!!!!
    Goshy!!! I do miss those chat sessions!!!
    Thanks for remembering my quotes, @grrfluudy *sending flying kisses & big hugs your way*
    I am so gonna dl this page into my PC. And also noting down this quote for my own use.

scrapsandsass and grrfluudy like this.
  20. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Thanks so much!! I'm glad you like it. I always planned to re-do it, but I never got around to it. I did it a while ago.

purlz76 likes this.