What Program do you Scrap with?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 22, 2018.

What Program Do You Scrap With?

1. Photoshop Elements 11 or newer

26 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. Older Photoshop Elements

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Artisan

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Photoshop Creative Cloud (CC)

32 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. Older Photoshop

21 vote(s)
    23.9%
  6. Serif Craft Artist

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Affinity (App)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Project Life App

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  9. PaintShopPro

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. Something Else (Tell me in the Comments)

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I started out with PSE 5, went to PSE 9 and then finally to PSE 11. My most recent jump has been to PSCC and I love love love it!

2. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I am still using Photoshop CS2. Someday when I get a new computer I will go to Photoshop CC but I am not looking forward to the steep learning curve of leaving Windows 7 as well learning a new version of PS.

bestcee likes this.
  3. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

OK, can someone explain what Cloud has to do with scrapbooking? I don't understand what you mean, @AnneofAlamo , that when your computer dies, you will go to cloud? I have cloud but it iswhere I store my photos. Are there other things I can do with it????
    I also have uploaded 15 (yeah, about a year ago!) but have never taken the time to teach myself how to use it. I am so comfortable with 11.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The Cloud is Adobe's Creative Cloud. You don't get a disc or anything, you download the program from the web.
    Advantage: You always have the latest edition.
    Disadvantage: You stop paying, you can't access it anymore.

(There's more than this, This is just simplified!)

londoncuppa likes this.
  5. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I use PSE, currently PSE 13.

I used to be a review writer for companies and Adobe sent me a copy of PSE (I think version 7 or 8). Since I was reviewing the product, I HAD to get to know it somewhat. Plus, it was WAY better for editing photos then I had been using, which I think was PicMonkey or something lol.

I upgraded to PSE 10 at some point and then got PSE 13 when I got this computer. I also have PSCC because we use all the other aspects of CC for creating products for my Teachers Pay Teachers shop. I tried using PSCC for scrapping, but maybe I have just been a PSE girl for too long. I felt like I couldn't get it to do anything I wanted it to and I got frustrated and went back to PSE.

bestcee likes this.
  6. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ohhh I didn't follow up on that because I saw in another page that you used PS so I assumed you had moved on!!!!! The program I was talking about is Craft Artist Pro, I ll try find out of they are still selling it, made by Serif, I know they stoped upgrading it and their site for scrappers closed down, but I maybe able to get you a copy :) @Mylinn

Mylinn likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

I use Craft Artist Professional by Serif, the first version. It does pretty much all PSE does, but it is far easier to use :)

8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've been a StoryBook Creator/Artisan scrapper from the beginning, but now I want to move on to photoshop. I purchased PSE18 during Black Friday but I've yet to use it! Scary... I'm using Artisan 5 for MOC, then I'll move on to PSE18 in February when I'm not stressed about getting pages done!

Genniejoy, kimingvtx and bestcee like this.
  9. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I use Photoshop CS5. For now anyway.

Karen likes this.
  10. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

My 2 scrapping programs right now are CS6 and the Project Life App. My traditional digi pages are done in CS6. I use the app for my PL pages on a tablet, then I pull them into PS for some embellishments. (I used to do PL pages on the computer with the Storyteller collection and other kits, but it took me *forever.* After about 3 years I decided that the only way I could continue with PL was to force myself to simplify by using the app. So far, so good, and it's been about 2 years.)

I started digiscrapping in 2004 with PhotoImpact. In terms of capability, I think it fell somewhere between PSE and PS. After a few years and a few upgrades, I made the jump to CS3. I've been using CS6 since it came out, and I love it. From time to time I've considered upgrading to CC, but until the recent shadow upgrade it didn't seem worth the money when my trusty CS6 did everything I needed without a monthly payment. Sooner or later the shadows will probably win out, LOL.

Karen likes this.
  11. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

@MrsPeel, I still couldn't find the note or remember where you mentioned the program *sigh* but but, just looked on my Amazon and I can digi download the Craft Artist Professional 2. Whee, ty ty ty.
    My Scrapbook Max 2.0 hasn't been upgraded in ?a decade? maybe? It's beginning to turn *.png files into grayscale static. Page prints great but in the program, I can't get rid of the glaring static thing or work around it, lol.

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I currently use whatever edition of PS CC is out. :) I only started using CC this summer (I think? IDK exactly when, but it's been less than a year).

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, I named it right? Serif Craft Artist?

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I started with Photoshop 7 because my Dad had an old copy lying around. Then I NEEDED to do text inside a path so a friend gave me his old PS CS2 disk and I used that for a couple years and then I bought PS CS5 when my son was in kindergarten. He's in 8th grade now and that's what I'm still using. :) Guess I got my money's worth out of that purchase! :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have resisted the upgrade to CC because I hate the thought of paying every month for something, but this shadow thing might also push me towards it. I'm intrigued by them...

16. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I have only ever use some version of PSE. Right now I'm using 13.

17. sucali

sucali sucali

18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

PS CC 2018 .. I also have PSE 15..

Started out using Paint shop pro back in 1998 then would get the updates, then acquired Photo Impact and used that too, and then Photo Shop 7.. Once we got CS3 I stopped all of the non adobe graphic programs. I got PSE 11, 12, 14 and now 15 when getting a wacom tablet and then just so I would have newer version PSE on my laptop in case I was without internet so I could scrap. I have 15 as I was writing tutorials in CC and wanted to also be able to write for PSE too. I love PS CC :)

19. MrsPeel

@bestcee yes, perfect!!!!! they don't make it anymore, but there are copies online , @Mylinn found the Platinum version in Amazon for US$10 which is very cheap, and there are quiet a few of us here who use it, and I'm now on a quest top bring ALL the Serif users here (found the posts in the Serif forums looking for a link to Mylinn) so evebn without product support she can have us here for help :)

Mylinn likes this.
  20. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I started with Photoshop CC because I knew I'd want all the bells and whistles. I know myself well enough to know I'd get frustrated if I wanted to do something but was limited by my software. I currently use PS CC 2018. Go big, or go home...lol! :agree

cfile, kimingvtx and bestcee like this.