What Program do you Scrap with?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 22, 2018.

What Program Do You Scrap With?

1. Photoshop Elements 11 or newer

26 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. Older Photoshop Elements

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Artisan

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Photoshop Creative Cloud (CC)

32 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. Older Photoshop

21 vote(s)
    23.9%
  6. Serif Craft Artist

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Affinity (App)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Project Life App

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  9. PaintShopPro

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. Something Else (Tell me in the Comments)

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Curious minds and all that! I know there are a lot of different programs out there, and apps are popping up to! So, I thought I'd ask: What program do you scrap with?

bellbird, cfile, Mylinn and 1 other person like this.
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

This will be interesting!:compcoffee

CS6

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    bestcee likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Soooo many out there I learned.

Photoshop CC. I started out when Stampin' Up had software in 2009, disliked that I couldn't have shadows, and used PSE. Then jumped to Photoshop when I couldn't separate the shadows and tweak them (back in 2010).

bestcee likes this.
  4. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

PS CS 5, so older photoshop now, lol :)

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  5. bestcee

I love that you persevered!
    I started with a program by Top Line Creations. Couldn't figure it out to my liking, so went back to paper. Had someone give me an old copy of PSE 2.0. I couldn't figure out how to not make the photos stretch funny! So, went back to paper. Also tried: Making Memories program; some free digital one that came with our computer, and used the Hug Bug from CK CD's!
    Yep, I had a long trial period before I came back with PSE 10, and quickly switched to PSE 11. Found tutorials, and walked away from paper!

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

lol! So true... but I did give up at one point. I think in 2004, I tried PSE, whatever version was around, and found it so overwhelming, along with an infant that I was NOT up to the challenge. Said nope, and headed back to paper land for a bit. Now, look at us! :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  7. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

My first encounter with Digi was about 9-10 years ago when I was on a paper site and one of the members (a guy) decided to throw a digi challenge at us. He was trying to walk us through how to do a simple digi layout. He told us to make a brush and upload it. HUH???? But my layout had nothing to do with a brush, why would I want to add a brush to a layout? Does he want a comb too?????
    And that's as bad as my first encounter with paper scrapping. I decided in 2004 I would start scrapbooking and soon joined my first on line scrapping site. When I first heard the words "Basic Grey" I though she was talking about the color of a piece of paper she was using and I answered that I didn't like the color gray!!! DUHHHHHHH!!!!!! Aren't memories fun!!!!

busywoman139, Karen, Mylinn and 2 others like this.
  8. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

When I first started editing photos for my scrappy-ish webpages, I used Adobe PhotoDeluxe (very basic predecessor to PSE) since it came free with my printer. I wanted to do some editing at work and they had the full Photoshop on their network. (Maybe Photoshop 5? This was long before the whole Creative Suite thing.) I figured since they were both Adobe products, they must be very similar and I could just easily pop in and do what I needed. Boy was I wrong. :giggle But I went through an online PS intro course and I was hooked! :yahoo

I've been using PS CS 6 for the last several years, but I got CC a few weeks ago. So far I've only just installed it and watched a video on the differences. I need to get in there and play! :D

HeatherB and bestcee like this.
  9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

PS CS6. Last one before the CC subscriptions came

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I chose CC and older PS. I use PSCC now, but I still have CS6 hanging around. DH has it on his computer and I used it for a long time. I have never used anything but Photoshop. I started on my husband's CS2 and have used every version since. He used to be a graphic designer and is Adobe certified, which is how I got in to digiscrapping to begin with - I was trying to get him to show me how to use it and he told me to go look up tutorials. That's how I found this awesome hobby :)

bestcee likes this.
  11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I started out using Paint Shop Pro version 4 back in the 90's. I took online classes and learned how to edit photos and make siggies just using different effects and fonts. I also used the program in conjunction with my flatbed scanner to scan old photos. In fact, just today I found a 3-ring binder of lessons from an online class I took in 1999 on how to use the program. At that time PSP was owned by JASC. It was later bought out by the Corel Corporation and is now up to PSP2018. This is the 20th version of the program. I am currently using version X8 (aka version 18).

I took a class on PSE a few years back (I had a freebie version of PSE10 I think) and IMO it wasn't as user friendly as PSP was but I'm guessing that was because of how long I had been using PSP. I'm too old to learn something new and deal with change so I'm gonna stick with PSP :)

Mylinn and bestcee like this.
  12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

PSE 15 but have used PSE 5 & 6, CS4 and CC in the past. Went back to PSE cause I couldn’t justify paying the sub each month when I wasn’t really using it much if at all.

jk703 and bestcee like this.
  13. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I do all the bells and whistles in PS CC but it is Scrapbook Max 2.0 I start and usually end with. Mainly because my memory is poor and I've not taken the plunge to replace SbM yet. For the days when my brain is mushy but I want to digi play, I need a fairly simple to learn/use program. @MrsPeel gave me a recommendation, I've just can't find the note atm. . . one day . . . soonish.

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. bestcee

Oh my goodness! I totally thought that the same time I heard "Basic Grey". Except I thought it was a company that only made grey stuff! papers, elements, etc.

15. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I am using PSE 15 (at home) and the Project Life App (not at home).

I bought Affinity for my iPad, but have not gotten much use out of it yet; my kits are not yet easily accessible and Project Life is so easy and satisfying when I have 60-90 minutes to wait for a lesson/practice to be done! I've been adding the new kits I bought for MOC to my Dropbox, so next month I'll have something to play around in it with.

I subscribed to CC for a while, but I'm going to cancel it -- it seems like every time I want to use it, it has to install an update first, and by the time the update is finished, I don't want to -- or just can't -- scrap anymore. I don't think I have even opened up PS in the two years I've had the subscription!

bestcee likes this.
  16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

In 2004, I first heard of digital scrapbooking -- I think from a magazine, I don't remember -- and I tried it in my husband's old Photoshop 5. If I had more time, I'd dig out the page to show you; it's amusing.

EDITED TO ADD I now I have time to add my first digital scrapbook page. Woo hoo! Created in Photoshop 5 and it was 2005! :D
    [​IMG]

A year or few later, I tried a cool photo collage program called Lumapix Photofusion. I wish I still had the collage capability that program had. After adding all your photos to a page, with one click you could see your photos rearranged. It did not have layers like Photoshop Elements though.

I got my first PSE in 2006, I think. I upgraded about 3 times before I switched to PSCC in May 2016. Not because I had a strong desire for full PS, but because I feared losing Lightroom to it being cloud only. I'm loving PSCC now though.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Karen and bestcee like this.
  17. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I didn't really know what I was? PS 5? or 6? lol I thought it was elements or older...
    I am hanging on until my puter dies, then I will go to the cloud. lol

jk703 likes this.
  18. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Photoshop CC 2018 -- I just pay the $10 each month to use

cfile, jk703 and bestcee like this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I do believe I still have some "Basic Grey" hiding in a scrapping tote somewhere in this house.

bestcee likes this.
  20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm a PS CC girl and I get the whole shabang! I love PS CC, love it!