What have you done?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Apr 24, 2017.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

.... when you are not totally awake?

Today, I arrived at work... and about an hour and a half later used the restroom. Washing my hands, there is a mirror right in front of me.. and looking at my face, I thought my eye looked funny. Almost as if it was still sleeping, lol! Then I realized..... that I put my eyeliner only on one eye! Bwahahaha! I keep some makeup staples in an old makeup bag at work... and lucky me has an old eyeliner in there!

I haven't been sleeping well, my DH's mother is on my mind a lot lately, so I'm sort of bumbling around in the mornings lately... even yesterday. I couldn't sleep, got up, and even after 2 cups of tea, get ready for the day... and proceeded to put my tank top (under a cardigan) on inside out. I didn't realize that until changing into my pajamas! :giggle At least it was a Heather Grey tank, and not too noticeable!

So... what have you done? I hope I'm not the only one!

enjoyyourpix and keepscrappin like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have gone out with different shoes on, one black and one navy - same style though.
    Also left home without shoes, thinking they were in the car and then they weren't now I keep a spare pair in the car for in case.

londoncuppa and keepscrappin like this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Last summer I not only once but twice wore my slippers to the park with the dogs LOL. Luckily the slippers have a bit of sturdy rubber sole so they looked like slippers but at least gave me some support as we walked around the dirt/stone walkways.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I've worn 2 different black boots to an evening party so I don't even have the excuse of an early/tired morning!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

OMG @jk703 that's hysterical - you are too funny! my 15 yr old daughter had her soccer shorts on inside out yesterday - i noticed and told her before she left the house, but she was so embarrassed. reminded me of the inside out clothes thread awhile back.

@bcgal00 i have intentionally worn those hard rubber soled slippers out and about - like when had a long dentist appointment or something and i just want to be comfy. my dentist cracks up and thinks it is funny.

i have walked around with a bulge in my calf inside my yoga pants. turns out it was a pair of undies that stuck and i hadn't noticed. i'm glad it decided to "fall out" when i got home and not when i was out.

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  6. dawnmarch

Oh, I wore leggings inside out to spin class one morning. They were black so it probably wouldn't even have been noticeable except that there was this long white tag flapping around my butt. :D

7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Just yesterday morning I had a meeting at 8:30 am. I put on a dress that had a side zipper - totally talked to like three people in the hallway before the meeting began, then as I sat down the person next to me told me my zipper was open! It was a black dress and I had white undergarments on - so I'm sure it was very noticeable! Ugh.

londoncuppa, jk703 and keepscrappin like this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Last week was Spring Break and the kids and I went to my parents (cuz DH had to work). My parents' home has 3 bedrooms but they don't sleep in the same room ... so I, as the little kid, slept on a couch so my parents could have their bedrooms. Not comfy. And in our Chicago hotel, I slept at the foot of my kids' full-size hotel bed. Really not comfy. Anyway, I must have been exhausted Sat. night cuz I thought I'd put DD's medicine where we always keep kids' non-narcotic daily meds, which is in a little bin on our kitchen island. But I didn't: after applying it on Sat. night in our kitchen, I put it in the grocery store bag I use for my full-size hair care products when I travel. And that was upstairs in my master bath. *blink* How did it get from the kitchen downstairs to my unpacked bag of hair products?! How did that make sense to me? I knew I was tired but that's ridiculous. I had blamed DH, who hates having stuff on the counter and is notorious for forgetting where he puts stuff, of having moved it and then forgetting to tell me where it was...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    jk703 and keepscrappin like this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@jenn mccabe I know, right? They are comfy, especially the ones with a bit of rubber sole on the bottom so they sort of feel like shoes, only better :)

jenn mccabe and keepscrappin like this.
  10. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I usually walk out without make-up at all. The fluorescent lights of my office make my red-headed, fair-skinned self look awesome without make-up :giggle

:rofl Love the black skirt/white undies image :rofl I've done the side zipper thing... when the zipper was supposed to be in the back... and vice versa. No biggie, but you would think the seams would have given it away for me, LOL.

I love when I blame DH and realize it was me all along. Whoops. LOL.

keepscrappin and Tree City like this.
  11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've done the two different shoes thing. I had two pair, one brown one navy, in the same style. I was late for church and grabbed two shoes. But I was totally awake, just rushing to be there on time!

Since I'm in a continual state of sleep exhaustion these days I seem to manage okay. I lay out my clothes and get breakfast things ready the night before, otherwise I'd be a hot mess!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I've done many of the things mentioned already... mismatched shoes, inside out or backward clothes, blaming hubby for something I've done. I'm a real hot mess some days. One thing I've done that hasn't been mentioned is having a bowl of cereal and then putting the milk in the pantry with the cereal instead of back in the fridge.... ugh! And the worst part is that I've done it more than once! hehe

Karen and Tree City like this.
  13. jenn mccabe

this is such a funny thread.

@keepscrappin i almost do that often. but have always caught myself. i have however put half and half in my cereal bowl by accident. GROSS.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

Last year at work, I was running late between getting the kids up and on the bus and me ready for work. My clothes in the dryer the night before had NOT finished drying. So I put my jacket on over my suit pants finished my make up and got them out the door, dashed out the door, got to work without being too late, which was a relief... pulled my jacket off where my boss gave me the surprised brow look. I looked down to see I was only wearing my bra under my jacket...

So... it was brown leather jacket and suit pants with four inch heels for me that day. I looked like a biker executive or something. LOL

Karen, cfile, keepscrappin and 2 others like this.
  15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Omgosh, I've done so many things. I have done different shoes, different socks, and most often something on me is inside out. My house is pretty dark when I'm getting ready in the morning...that's my story, and I'm sticking to it :giggle

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  16. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I've gone to Sam's Club wearing my Crocs! The horrors! I embarrassed the husband, but I hardly noticed since my feet didn't hurt me the whole time.

Karen, keepscrappin and Tree City like this.
  17. dawnmarch

LOL!

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

:hide

I think this is the prize for the thread!

19. jenn mccabe

i agree! lol @Serena ... a biker executive. guessing it was not a trend/look that caught on. :giggle

keepscrappin and Serena like this.
  20. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

okay, I know for a fact that I've done things like this. But stack of bible swear I cannot remember a single one to share. My mind has completely blocked the humiliation!!! LOL.

keepscrappin, Serena and jk703 like this.