What do you like the most......

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by MrsPeel, Jan 22, 2017.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

about MOC?

and about The Lilypad?

to me, MOC when I first played (and I wasn't a Polly then) it was the most amazing growing experience I had had to date with challenges. I had asked for time out of my CTs, payed for every pack I got during the month, and discovered so much about my scrapping...
    ...and also, it cemented one of the things I most love about The Pad, which is how amazing this community is.... In the past 4 years I got to know some people who have become my sisters, even with people whom I have never crossed a word apart from the comments in gallery or some threads in the forum, I get so much from this amazing family, it has been the glue who kept me together throughout the past couple of years....
    There is also the fact that, one of the facts that drew me here on the first place, I loved all designers, is still a fact, I know some people have gone and others came, but I still LOVE each and everyone of our designers!!!!!!! (which in turn speaks volumes about the lady at the helm...our boss who is the most amazing lady!!!!!)

so, what is it that you like the most?

2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I love the challenge of it all. The pages of journaling have certainly tested my limits, but I've survived & had some great pages come out of it. You know I love the products, the designers, & the scrappers! There's always someone to lend an ear or an idea. I love how many designers are scrapping this year! I feel like I've gotten to know some of them better along the way. Honestly, I'll also be glad when it's over. So I can feel accomplished! It's nice to finish my first goal of the new year & have fun while doing it!

bestcee and MrsPeel like this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I am fairly new and this is my first MOC.

As it turns out it was the best idea ever to become active here (it was because I subscribed to M3 when it was its birthday). TLP is definitely one of the nicest and most welcoming forums around. I just started posting and was immediately treated like an old family member (even though I never even posted an intro post (except for in the M3 forum). Amazing! I have been to many forums and know the difference.
    The designers are all amazing, they are a good mix, there is something for everybody and then some. I haven't bought a single thing from another shop since I started posting here...
    I don't find MOC particularly stressful in terms of number of layouts, I am a prolific scrapper and scrap a lot. But some of the challenges surely ARE challenging which is good. I think I will finish it and that's going to be such a good feeling. One month in and already more than 31 layouts done!

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love creating a layout per day, I find that the creativity flows and I love the pages I get done (mostly).
    The gallery is hopping and yet so many awesome comments are left on layouts and that is one of my favourite things about the Lilypad, encouraging meaningful comments, folk who get to know my family and what matters to me, even though thee are so many people who call this home.

bestcee, jenn33199 and MrsPeel like this.
  5. MrsPeel

@jesskab I so agree on the designers who scrap!!!!!!!!! we have so many talents here!!!!!!
    having seen your challenge list page...you know I think the world of you, and seeing it all together listed in one page , you should feel proud with all the right!!!! I know you will finish super accomplished!!!!!:heartlub

@Rikki I remember seeing you start posting, and clearly loving your pages... I think I can speak for all of us saying we are so delighted that you became part of this family now.... and I know well what you say about here being so welcoming.... I spent almost 4 years without a scrapping home, and it wasn't for lack of trying... I couldn't find a place where I love the designers, the challenges and the community enough to stay around and make a home!!!!!:heartlub

@Eyeore Stefanie, you know well this was the way I fell in love with your pages, your family, your presence keeps inspiring me and I know it is the same to so many of us!!!! :heartlub

jesskab and Rikki like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I love the way in 2015 MOC helped me establish a regular routine of making scrapbook pages (after I'd had an unplanned 2 year hiatus from scrapbooking), giving me lots of inspiration and momentum. Now that I have that routine established, this, my second MOC, has re-energized me and given me more inspiration and it's just FUN! I've always enjoyed participating in scrapping challenges in digiscrap forums since 2007 and the challenges here at TLP are so creative!

How do I love TLP? :beat Let me count the ways . . . :D Wait, I have some scrapping to do and you probably don't want to read a post that takes up your entire screen. :giggle Okay, my favorite thing is how active the forum is. I've participated in probably 20 forums over my decade of involvement in the digiscrap online world so I can say, objectively, that TLP members are the most friendly, talkative people in digiland. ::grouphug

On a related note, just a few minutes before I opened this thread, I was thinking about how nice it is that the designers participate in the forum and gallery too. How fun it is to get a comment from the person whose kit you just scrapped with!

klee73010, bestcee and MrsPeel like this.
  7. MrsPeel

@michelepixels reading you just gave me a wonderful warm feeling, and I keep seeing through all of you how blessed we are to have so much love & encouragement...:heartlub
    you are right about the designers... I know I have my day made when any of them comment on my pages....and love the fact that it isn't just in the pages made with their own products that they comment or like pages......:heartlub

michelepixels likes this.
  8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I showed up at The Lily Pad because of Sissy Sparrows, back at the beginning of January, 2015. I had no idea about the MOC, just joined to see what was happening. I participated (and continue to participate) in the ATC swap. Mine have been hybrid, I enjoy playing with scissors & glue. And then I joined M3. After doing vintage layouts for 8 years or so, a family member passed away all too young, & I couldn't look at another vintage layout. So I turned to art journaling, hence M3.

Fast forward to January 2016, and I had been around enough to join with the masses in MOC4. I couldn't believe the flurry in the gallery, the kind words spoken, the comradery, the fun. And while I wasn't all that active in the forums for that 1st year, I stayed, and stayed, and finished MOC4. I discovered that I could do vintage again, even started scrapping current photos, something I just never did before. And while art journal-style layouts are my go-to, I have found encouragement to step outside of my comfort zone and play with new techniques, more traditional layouts.

So in January 2017, here I sit, having just completed & uploaded the MOC for day 22. I'm pretty proud of myself, someone who would take days to complete one layout, I am now churning them out in record time, and having them actually look like keepers. Thanks to The LilyPad, I have grown as a person, grown as a digital artist, grown with getting myself out there.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Li Li Wee, Rikki, HeatherB and 5 others like this.
  9. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

MOC? Seeing how one challenge is done in so many different ways. I start "watching" so many LO's thinking, oooooh, I wanna do that on my next page. It's very inspiring.

TLP? This is the warmest forum I have ever been in. I feel like the ladies here are friends. I have never seen any snarkiness or nastiness on here, just lots of sharing and "lol"'ing.TLP is like a digi-home.

HeatherB, MrsPeel and bestcee like this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is my 4th MOC. I was around for the first one but chickened out of trying. I didn't think there was any way I could keep up while working and life-ing. The next year I went for it and loved it. I think, for me, meeting the challenge is one of my favorite things about MOC. And I would be lying if I said that the $20 to the store didn't matter haha. That was a huge incentive for me to complete the challenges. The designers here are amazing!! I also love that I get a lot of photos scrapped that otherwise might not have and I learn A LOT. Even after 10 1/2 years in digi-land, I still learn new things all the time. It's so motivating!!

As far as TLP, the members are what I love...from admin to designers to pollys to newbies...everyone is amazing. It is such a warm and inviting place to be where we are all just friends. I love how each and every member jumps in to help others or lift them up or give them a laugh. I've been in the gallery a lot this month and it's so wonderful to see so many members leaving love and encouragement for each other. I love the activity in the forum, even if there are times I can't keep up haha. It's so great to see so many conversations going about such a wide range of topics! It's exciting! It's really just like a bunch of great friends hanging out and chatting daily :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. jenn33199

jenn33199 Just point me to the low-carb brownies!

I've participated in a MOC before but didn't finish. I have kept up with the challenges this time which has been not only fun but has made the challenge of scrapping so many pages in one month so much easier. I have learned new techniques and have been pushed to do things (like extensive journaling) that I don't often do. And I have made some of my very favorite pages ever!!! I also like be seeing the beautiful creative pages in the gallery- and so many of them. The gallery is hopping which is a real treat after watching some of my favorite digital stores in years past get quieter and quieter. And I am so grateful for every single positive comment and like I receive. My career has zero to do with art or design and it is so fun to experiment, explore and- yes- receive some validation that I have at least one creative bone in my body. As for the lilypad itself- adore the designers, the variety of styles, the participation of the designers and the welcoming community. In past years I didn't spend much time here because I was on a lot of creative teams with designers from other stores. I quit all but one at the end of 2014 due to a cross country move and new job- and have found myself here more and more over these last two years. Love it here. And Cyn-adore your effusive welcome and words.

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

MOC is really something special! I love not just the variety of challenges which helps me to scrap outside my comfort zone but also the fun we all have in chatting. January used to be my least favourite month after the holidays, with the nasty weather and all the fun activities over for the season. Not anymore, now I eagerly await the fun of January! It never disappoints! It's always a blast!

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

There is SO much to love about MOC. My favorite though has to be the extra push to scrap every day. It gets memory keeping back in the fore-front of my mind each day. I also completely love that I learn new things every day and I REALLY love how encouraging everyone is in the forums!

Li Li Wee, MrsPeel and mcurtt like this.
  14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I love MOC because it gets me scrapping. With life and stuff, throughout the year I don't scrap nearly as often as I should. So MOC gets my scrapping juices flowing which gets layouts done for the albums!!!

I also LOVE the community here. ♥

MrsPeel and mcurtt like this.
  15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

It is my place to go and have fun....
    [​IMG]
    and learn new things! even when I go....
    [​IMG]
    and I always think of everyone's layouts that are posted for these challenges
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Li Li Wee, mcurtt and MrsPeel like this.
  16. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

This thread is why I love The Lilypad itself. You get to see real people & know that even the little bit you do can make a difference to brighten a day. I've done MOC since the beginning & finished every year. I like challenges yes, but I don't think I would have been able/wanted to finish if it weren't for the overall inclusive vibe that this forum & store has. There's a tremendous number of styles & types of scrappers here & that leads to a feeling that it's okay to try any type of layout that you want.

It's a freedom to create & to be inspired in different ways.

And all are welcome.

That's a big thing for me since I tend to pick up on vibes of places and can easily feel unwanted or like I'm invading or in the way. Like I've said before, even when I'm gone a little longer than I'd like from creating, I still feel I can come back and feel welcome.

17. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

What I like most abt MOC is that it's only one month long! :giggle

HeatherB, MrsPeel and Sokee like this.
  18. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Its fun ,Moc that is, this is my fourth , and I am already starting to feel sad it is nearly over ! I get a lot done, and learn a lot, and "talk " a fair amount too. It has grown so big now, that it is really hard to see everything in the gallery, let alone comment on it, but it is still the best !
    As for the pad it self, It is lovely to have a place to go to where peace and encouragement lives.

Li Li Wee, HeatherB and MrsPeel like this.
  19. MrsPeel

I think we all feel the same, in different ways, fro, different approaches but we all feel the home, welcoming, fun and learning thing that lives here.....

Elisa, @EHStudios I know exactly what you mean about going to other places and feeling not exactly un-welcome but I had this feeling of "not fitting in? the almost like invading, in other places.
    Some places were welcoming enough but then there was nothing that I was interested in talking about or sometimes not feeling any "soul" in the gallery...
    I know I have been around many many places, and sometimes the pages in the gallery were technical perfect, beautiful to look at but the "soul" of the page was missing....this is something I have very very rarely experienced here. The pages have that "soul" that makes them come alive, and makes the scrappers even more real in my heart... and now that I have been here long enough to see children grow, scrappers grow in their art, their lives and that makes me feel the belonging, that feeling I know well is so very difficult to achieve, not only in scrapbook sites but in life......now I', starting ti get emotional so I ll stop here, but each and every day, when I count my blessings, a big time one is having found the Pad <3

Rikki and EHStudios like this.
  20. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

MOC4/Jan 2016 was my first try . . . and I didn't complete it. I was a new designer here and still acclimating to being here. I loved how MOC really brought out not only so many different creations, but also because of the activity, I was able to really start getting to know TLP regulars and newbies who had joined just like me. I'm way behind for MOC5 this year as well, but because of health reasons. I'm creating behind the scenes and hoping to get caught up in a few days. I scrap quickly, it's just hard for me to get at my desktop. I haven't felt pressured to get caught up, but just really inspired and ready to get in there and create!

As far as TLP, what's not to love? Laura is the sweetest person ever, and the designers here are extremely talented and so very friendly. The members here are so kind. I do love looking on the bright side of life, even in the midst of difficulties, and the members here really do that! When someone is struggling with scrapping issues or personal issues or work issues . . . whatever the case may be . . . there will always be several people responding with advice and encouragement. It's so uplifting to be able to read threads and just FEEL that kindness and openness and warmth.

I'm such a softie. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes . . . I really am so very blessed to design here and to create my digital scrapbook pages here.

Li Li Wee, mrs2a50, EHStudios and 2 others like this.