What do you do to de stress?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Li Li Wee, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

hahahah!!! As long as it's exciting for you!! I do suspect that I have ADHD. I need to do different things all the time because I get bored doing the same old thing over and over again.

2. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Yay you for 410 days!!!! Keep going! And you are amazing to watch. What mediums do you use and how long did that actually take you?

Li Li Wee likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I nap mostly but I also scrap, watch youtube, listen to music on spotify.....,

Li Li Wee likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I always love watching you create Li Li! I'm just amazed that you can draw with both hands and at the same time! So fascinating! I don't get too stressed very often except when I'm overtired, so usually I de-stress by napping or going to bed early.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Honestly scrapping - is a big one for me too. Putting in my headphones and playing a fave playlist. Mediatation is also a big one for me lately - simple 10 minutes with the MindSpace app. Go for a walk or cuddle my dogs!

Huge congrats on being 410 days ciggy free! So proud of you @misslovescraps !!! :beat:beat:beat Oh and ...your art is amazing!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  6. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Yay for being 410 days! Keep up the great work!

As for me? I usually scrapbook or writing roleplay. I love to tandem write with another person. I also watch Hulu or movies a lot.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  7. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

De-stress....tea or wine (depending on the time/place), music or quiet (depending on what I'm de-stressing from), Calm app for guided meditation, hot shower, essential oils.
    I smoked for 7 years and quit when I was pregnant with my son - so that was almost 17 years ago!! I have smoked 1 cigarette twice since quitting during ridiculously stressful times. Both times I made sure to snag a smoke from someone else because I knew if I bought a pack, I wouldn't stop. It is certainly crazy how the urge will strike you out of the blue for so long after you quit. It can be triggered by lots of things. Personally I always associated smoking with drinking so there were many years where I didn't drink at all due to that.
    Kudos to you for having a calming practice you can turn to - the drawing is gorgeous and so fascinating watching you draw with both hands!!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  8. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Yay for you, Li Li!! Both of my parents quit smoking, and I saw how hard it was on them. You have my admiration!!! Keep up the great work, lady!

Scrapping and “touching” my paper scrap stash is my happy place.

I also love a day of fuzzy PJs, a thick blanket, a steaming cup of Assam tea and a British murder mystery (ala Agatha Christie). Yes!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  9. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

Lately I've been making a ton of art dolls and then using them on my phone as wallpaper that keeps me smiling. It's been a very stressful few weeks and I'm down in the dirt so I have been creating quietly and working and sleeping a ton.

This was utterly Fascinating to watch, THANK YOU for sharing that, holy smokes!! I'm with the others, I could watch this to destress, the song was a nice touch too, but wow. I kept going "NO!!! You're messing it up!!! oh.... ooh wow... oh... oh not again!!! noooO!!OOooooh... oh... niiiice." My commentary would have made you snicker I'm sure. ^.^

Shows you what I know about art!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I like to go outside and walk. That's getting to be more and more my distressing method.

11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I scrap and have mindless TV, like 'The Bachelor,' or YT scrapping process videos playing in the background.

12. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Beautiful LiLi! Congrats on 410 days. I know that feeling to count the days. While I know I quit in May of '14, I also know I've had some since. My last one was Feb 2nd, 2016 (occasional social situations until then) and I still sometimes feel like I want one. The main thing stopping me is knowing how bad it would suck trying to be a runner that also smoked. It gets harder when I am not actively running/training (like now). But stay strong!!

Lately for me, it's reading for de-stress. I love audiobooks mainly. I love listening to stories while playing mindless app games. I do also listen to books while running, or taking kids to school, or working or scrapping, too. :beat

13. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Well done on quitting. I stopped ,around 14/ 15 years ago ( you stop counting how long after a while I promise)I seldom crave anymore,but if I do I remind my self how my clothes used to stink,-and my breath too I'm sure , that puts a stop to that.
    Seems you have found a lovely way of distressing already.
    Me, 95 percent of the time I "allow" myself to be stressed for a short while,go with it, use up the energy it takes to be stressed. The other 5 percent gets to play match 3 games,until sleep sets in LoL. Trying to do something creative when I'm really stressed would end in disaster.

14. Li Li Wee

I use watersoluble pencils, inktense and gesso. It took less than 10mins. It's my daily practice.

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  15. Li Li Wee

I love to do all that too. Lol!!

16. Li Li Wee

I'm a night owl. I really want to get to bed early !! Sigh!! I doubt I can do it. LOL!! I worry too much.
    One day I hope to swap my artwork with yours.

Karen likes this.
  17. Li Li Wee

Thank you my friend!! MEDITATION!! I tried and I end up falling asleep!! :( Gotta check out MindSpace app!! :yippee

18. Li Li Wee

Thanks!!
    I wish I was good in writing!!

19. Li Li Wee

I was a smoker since 18 and now I'm 43. I SWEAR I STILL WANT A PUFF BADLY ALL THE TIME especially when it's hectic and stressful. 17 years ? wow!!!

20. Li Li Wee

Interesting!! 'touching' paper stash can make one so happy!!! I can sit with my paints, brushes and art supplies that itself makes me happy too!!! HAHAHAHAHAH !!! AGATHA CHRISTIE!!!