What do you do to de stress?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Li Li Wee, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

What do you do when you are all stressed up?
    I used to have lots of junk food and smoke. Now I have stopped junk food and smoking.. but I really crave for my ciggy!! Sigh!! I have bee smoke free for 410 days and yet I want to smoke badly today. So this I what I normally do to de stress my brain !! LOL!!

2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have had a professional seminar years ago that said writing your name with both hands and/or backwards gets the brain back to a calm place. You have the talent to do it a different way! Congrats on the smoke free life!!!

MrsGaramer and busywoman139 like this.
  3. Li Li Wee

Really? No wonder I enjoy using both hands to draw even though I’m not really good with my non dominant hand.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

I don't know what I'm more in awe of, the fact that you can draw with BOTH hands or the fact that you paint/draw such beautiful images!! This is amazing!!

5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

SO proud of you for kicking that habit! Honestly, scrapping is de-stressing for me! :) Especially when I can close the office door- turn on some good music & just chill out! lol! I also like to take super hot, long bubble baths when I really need to check-out! ;)

jenn mccabe and Li Li Wee like this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I remember when you first quit smoking. So happy for you that you stuck with it. To de-stress, I find a quiet spot and read a good book or I go out for a walk with Taz, with or without my camera.

7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Well done on quiting, and your drawings are fabulous.

To de-stress I normally create, either sewing or scrapping at the moment. I need to get drawing again.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  8. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Thank you so much for sharing! Watching that process alone could de-stress me!
    Congratulations on being smoke free for so long!
    Music and scrapping de-stresses me. Or getting lost in a book.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  9. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I take a bath or exercise - especially yoga. Watching TV helps me de-stress too because it take my mind off things. One of the times I often stress the most is at night when I can't get to sleep. I read somewhere about things you can do to keep your brain juuuuuust occupied enough so that you don't fixate on stressful things while not too busy to fall asleep. One is to pick a category and then try to go through the alphabet thinking of one thing in that category that starts with each letter. So, things like cars brands, vegetables, stores, things in your kitchen, whatever. I thought it sounded stupid but it actually really works for me.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  10. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Yay for kicking those habits. I'm SUPER proud of you, @misslovescraps !
    You know, I need to do more to de-stress. I just stay a ball of crazy until I explode all over my poor family until they are looking at me like I've lost my ever-loving mind. :giggle

If I had to say, it'd be aimlessly browsing through my inbox, or Social Media... or organizing my hard drive. That is mindless and satisfying all at once.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I listen to music ...read...nap....watch TV....write....anything of those things help me!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  12. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Fist bump of solidarity. I quit 14 years ago and there are still moments when I think I just can't go another minute without smoking another cigarette. About the only thing that keeps me from lighting up is knowing if I do I'll just have to quit again, and no hecking way am I going through that mess again.

Best for de-stressing is usually some combination of music, spiritual work, and meditation but that requires actual quiet/private time, which haha, wth is that? So more often than not I turn to stupid Tumblr memes, or load up Skyrim and run around whacking things with a big hammer. That does wonders for my stress levels :-D

Serena and bestcee like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah for 410 days! That's so awesome!

To de-stress....Hmmm.... usually I scrap. Or organize. And listen to music. Not exciting at all!

14. Li Li Wee

Thank you for your kind words.. I try to practice doing it daily.

Neverland Scraps likes this.
  15. Li Li Wee

I really do wish we had those long bath tubs in our apartment!! Lucky you!!!

16. Li Li Wee

I wish we had cool weather here so that I can do exactly what you do. Unfortunately, the weather here is TOO HOT!!! The parks are not well kept..

17. Li Li Wee

Omg!! I want to learn how to sew badly!!! You should get back to drawing.. do share with me if you do.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  18. Li Li Wee

GOOD IDEA!! I have issues with sleeping for years!!!

19. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

^^^ Ditto, to both the "calm free" and "smoke free" comments! I love watching your work, and I think it's fantastic you're working on keeping your hands busy and mind calm so that you keep on that 410-day streak!

ETA: And I just realized I didn't answer the question you originally posed, lol. :) I de-stress by scrapping, reading, or--as I've only recently realized--by cleaning. If I'm angry, it really helps to clean. I think it keeps me busy and it's physical work (I'm not the only one who sweats when she vacuums, right?!), so I don't have the energy left to think about why I'm mad.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  20. Li Li Wee

lol!! ORGANIZING ANYTHING MAKES ME STRESSED!! So I do envy your way of de stressing.