Watching GOT?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Jul 16, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I pvr'd it so we're watching the last one to remember where it left off and will watch the new one next. What a great tv night! Are you watching?

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Nope. DH went to a friend's house and said it was awesome! I hope you enjoy it.

3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

No, but that explains why son #2 was up late, very late watching tv last night.
    I imagine it was awesome?

4. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Have it recorded, looking forward so much to this season!

5. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

not me, I don't have access to watch it. Hope you enjoyed!!?

6. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I don't even know what GOT stands for...so...nope. :giggle

Tree City likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

one of my son's faves. but everyone seems to love it and friends/family have convinced me to give it a go. i just need to settle in and find the time, but i am putting it on the list of shows to watch. glad to hear season 7 is going to be amazing.

@carrie1977 GOT is game of thrones :)

carrie1977 likes this.
  8. carrie1977

Ahhhh....gotcha...

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We watched last night! I didn't want the episode to end! Leading up to this season, my hubby and I re-watched all the other seasons with another couple and I got new things out of almost every episode that I missed the first time around. There is SO much detail to pay attention to and keep track of!

10. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I feel very much left out because, like, everyone watches it, but I really don't like GOT.

bestcee likes this.
  11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I don't watch but DH has read all the books (he's waiting on that last one!) and has watched the first 6 seasons. Unfortunately for him, we canceled HBO when we re-upped our cable contract a few months ago. We got a good deal on Internet speed (FAST, which makes my digiscrapping heart happy) and a good TV package, but they wanted $20/month for HBO and we couldn't get that price down. We used to have HBO for free with our old contract, so now spending $240/year just to watch GOT seems like highway robbery. We subscribe to Netflix, so we get movies and Instant that way; they usually have movies/shows sooner than HBO--except for HBO content, obvs, but DH only wanted HBO for GOT.

12. Tree City

You posted while I was typing, and I just want to say THANK YOU for admitting this. I don't like the books or the show. DH wanted me to read the books, but he started explaining and I was like "Nope, not gonna happen" lol. I watched a few episodes of the show and I got so mad that I had to leave the room.

bestcee and berniek like this.
  13. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I haven't watched yet because I need to wait until it is available on Amazon (usually couple of days later than the original airing date) but have to admit that this time I am not holding my breath.
    I LOVE GoT (the books, that is) and I was thoroughly disappointed with last season as you could clearly see where the source material ended and they had to make up their own stuff.
    The episodes were all over the place, some storylines were only shown in bits and never were picked up again, it was more like a newsflash. I didn't like that at all.

That being said, there was some awesome stuff (the episode with Hodor, OMG, I could still cry now when I just think about it), so I will watch as soon as they come out but I definitely am not as excited as I was before.

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Of course, some don't watch or care for GOT, that is like anything in life, everyone has different preferences, which is totally ok and expected.

I sat glued to the tv watching last night. It wasn't necessarily the most action packed episode but it was a start, a builder of the story line and what will be coming. It's one of the few shows where I don't scrap, don't read my tablet and just focus all my attention on the show. It's too easy to miss something.

Can't wait now for next Sunday.

Tree City likes this.
  15. Tree City

The show provides lots of great conversation, esp. since so many people like/love/obsess over it. :) There were 23 million people watching last night. 23 million! So many people love this show, and I do enjoy hearing people's predictions re: who (finally) ends up on the Throne. (But that is a whole 'nother topic, and I don't want to hijack your thread!)

bcgal00 likes this.
  16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hack away....I don't mind :)

Tree City likes this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Have you looked into just paying for it for month or three through HBO go or Amazon or Hulu?

18. Tree City

Actually, DH casually mentioned getting it through Amazon. We'll probably talk about it tonight at dinner cuz I'm sure people at work today were talking about the premiere!

bestcee likes this.
  19. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Hee hee - I didn't know either!! So obviously, not watching it!

carrie1977 likes this.
  20. carrie1977

Glad I'm not the only one!!