Ugh! I don't know what to do!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

:overreact
    Ugh...all the ughs! I am pretty sure that unless I have multiple days to spend for my birthday wherever it is, I would not say yes to it.
    :ignore:smackdown:waiting

These things just make me laugh though. We have "suckered" them out of about $500 bucks of tickets/passes/gift cards/ Disney Dollars.:shopping :imok

We did them several times when we went to Disney, and I tell them as soon as they start talking money :blahblah No.Simply No. :disagree Then we get up out of our chairs, and walk out. :backing:run They can't keep us there. :bat We did our time. :gun

Give us our free stuff and have a nice day.

:assslap:gigglephmph:carryon:eg9

londoncuppa and QuiltyMom like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Yuck, I mean I know his heart is to bless you, but usually the sales folk don't respect your time and continue for as long as they can to try and complete the sale. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole either - life's to short and especially on my birthday. Hopefully though if you do go you enjoy it? Especially if there is no time pressure to get back to the kids. I feel for you.

3. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Funny story about time shares - we were in Pigeon Forge TN one year and they were doing free tickets to Dixie Stampede if you listened to their 1 hour spill. Well we decided to do it for 4 free tickets (2 adults/2 kids) and we gave them the hour. Once the hour was up I started to walk away and they got the manager and tried another spill. I told them no again (even after being up front and telling them we were just there for the tickets) - the manager got nasty and said "well you are banned from coming back for a year". I responded well that is quite alright since I have no plans of every coming back. We got our free tickets which they messed up and actually gave us a tickets for 2 nights (which I took but probably should have not). Every year after that when we would go back to Pigeon Forge my husband will ask "Debbie are you still banned". Even my kids would ask so we got a good laugh but never will I sit there another one.

Danyale and QuiltyMom like this.
  4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

That's what I was wondering. But it would mean getting to Florida first. It's a two-day drive and $$ for airfare. That would be the only one I'd think about doing, but Disney parks are so expensive we aren't going back.

Usually. That's what scares me.

Oh dear. What a story!

bbymks5 likes this.
  5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Ruuuuuuuuun for your life!!!!

6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

ugh...that's what I'm afraid of too...

7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

"well you are banned from coming back for a year"

Yes and no. With Marriott and Hilton, you cannot listen to a presentation SPEIL unless it's been a year since you heard one at the same resort. It's not banning because you're a naughty camper but it's because that's the policy. That was nasty intimidation you got.

@QuiltyMom I suspect you may be going to Williamsburg?

QuiltyMom and Danyale like this.
  8. QuiltyMom

No, because I just purchased an annual pass and we can be there in two hours. He said it was somewhere I'd like to go, and that could be anywhere. Who knows.

9. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Good for you, Jan! I'd give DH a big kiss and tell him you love him for his sweet intentions but in this instance, it's the thought that counts. :agree

QuiltyMom and bestcee like this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

We did that in Vegas.. they told us if we went we would get the free show tickets, so we went and the guy came over to us and my husband said we are not going to waste your time as we are not buying. we are here for the free show tickets for showing up. Give us the tickets, and you can concentrate on someone else who really wants a time share. They were not happy, the guy got his supvisor, and hubby said it again. Then to avoid issues and to not lose other customers they told us to go to the booth outside for our tickets. We got them and left :)

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yikes ... that's a dilemma to be in for sure. I have never done one. It sounds like your hubby is trying to be sweet but I agree that this might not be the best way to spend a birthday! I am very direct with sales people and the like ... so would have no problem saying No after fulfilling my obligation. I think your hubby needs to tell you where it is so you can make a better more informed decision on this. It's one thing to whisk you away for a surprise somewhere but quite another to whisk you away for a sales pitch (even if the location is one you would love). Let us know what you do ... !!!

QuiltyMom and bestcee like this.
  12. QuiltyMom

I told my DH last night that I just couldn't do a trip, especially for my birthday, knowing that we'd have to spend 2 hours on a hard-sell timeshare spiel. Then I said I'd be happy with just us going on a picnic, which he smiled at.

After I asked he told me it was to Charleston, SC, somewhere I'd always have wanted to visit. We can just save up hotel points from his travel and go there someday, but as for now I'm glad we're not going!

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm so glad! It sounds like he's happy about the picnic, and you have a future trip to look forward to!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh I would go! in a heartbeat! I would hold hands with my husband and smile. He is so darn excited to do this for you, and it could really be a fun time. Take a million photos, and scrap it as a memory...
    You could bring something to work on during the pitch? Crochet, quilt? Listen to a book?

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

You are so near Charleston, you'll get there!