Trouble with Creative Cloud Icon and Updating

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by KatrinaHunt13, Jun 1, 2017.

1. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Has anyone had trouble with CC icon disappearing when trying to update??

It all seems to work fine on the laptop and my Photoshop is 2017, but on the desktop I cannot get it to update (the icon just disappears when I try) and my Photoshop is 2015???

I am wondering if I am going to have to uninstall PS and LR apps and then CC and then reinstall?

I am on a Mac running El Captian. But the laptop was the same and I had no trouble. And I just upgraded it to Sierra. UGH!

2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I upgraded to Sierra a week or two ago and I think there was then an Adobe update. While I don't use Photoshop (yet) I do have 2017 on my iMac though Lightroom is still 2015.

My only suggestion is to close it all and leave if - the desktop - off overnight and then try again. btw the image above your BlogFacebookInstagram tag is not showing.

3. KatrinaHunt13

HAHA I am having major computer/techie issues with everything apparently!!!

I finally got it to uninstall, after trying for about 1.5 hours. I had to uninstall PS and LR on their own, then I had to use the adobe cleaner, then uninstall CC. It still said it couldn't because it was "busy", but I ran the cleaner again and then shut the computer down. When it came back up, CC was gone!!! I downloaded it again and installed PS and LR. I haven't opened them up yet, but PS was 2017 and LR was 2015, so I think whatever I did worked. I guess I will find out this weekend!

4. cookingmylife

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I hope it all works again for you. So many people are having trouble with the latest update. The update really caused havoc in my computer and I had to bring it in for a factory reset and then reconfigure the registry. I an now running PS ok on my pic but started having trouble on my small computer so took PS CC off it and am going to use PSE on it instead. I am not happy with the cloud lately.

6. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i feel like since last update it loads so much slower.

7. KatrinaHunt13

I think it's fine. I haven't done a lot in it, but it seems to be ok. I have now updated both the laptop and desktop to the Sierra OS (mac), which involved uninstalling and then installing a new version of virus protection. Plus I installed a new printer that I had gotten ! Let's just do it all at once I guess is how I operate! LOL

bestcee likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

@KatrinaHunt13 Somehow I think when there is more than one thing on our whole system that has to be done, I know I tend to do all the other nagging stuff too. It's not a good idea because if there's a problem I can't be sure which one is the guilty party but at least it keeps the disruption limited to one point in time.

High Sierra in the fall? I always let my husband go first and he waits for the first update after release so I'll say Easter 2018 for me. :ballbounce

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  9. KatrinaHunt13

I wait too, until the bugs are worked out! LOL Plus, if it conflicts with my Silhouette I am SCREWED for scrapping!!!!!