Trouble uploading to the gallery?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by KayTeaPea, Dec 15, 2017.

1. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I posted back in early November about not being able to upload, then haven't scrapped much since (had neck surgery 11/9/17). This week I am feeling back to normal and have been scrapping, but haven't been able to upload to the gallery. I have the file sized 600 on the longer side (it is 8.5x11), saved for web and still no luck. Basically, the popup for "add file" comes up, I select the file, then it just does nothing. At the bottom of my screen, it shows that it is uploading, then says "waiting for Lilypad", then the popup shows "no file chosen". Any ideas what I need to do differently?

Thanks!

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Here's a smattering of ideas - What is the size of the file? Make sure it isn't a psd also. Sometimes punctuation in the title causes issues, try just letters. Can you screen shot the stuck screen? Are you using Firefox? There were some updates, and maybe that could be causing the issue? Can you try a different browser?

Maybe Luara has some insight. @lmccandless

KayTeaPea likes this.
  3. KayTeaPea

It is a jpeg, the size is 238 kb, no punctuation, using Google Chrome browser. I have had this issue with 3 different files I have tried to upload today and yesterday.

4. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

I had the exact same issue and it took a bit of figuring but I can't use Chrome either here, so I use Firefox for the site. I have been through the Chrome community forums but haven't found anything that explains why it it is site specific. Using Firefox is super easy especially since I have the gallery and forun saved to bookmarks bar, haha!

Hope that helps!

KayTeaPea and jk703 like this.
  5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Chrome, in its various releases, has times where it does not play nicely. I do want to suggest that if you have Chrome extensions that you try disabling them temporarily to see if that resolves your issue.

Danyale likes this.
  6. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I have this problem sometimes where the box comes up for me to add my file, I choose my file, and then it acts like it didn't do anything & the add file box is still up. I just add the file again & it works. So basically "adding" twice is my workaround. That's what works for me when I get that issue. I use Opera as my browser most of the time.

Danyale likes this.
  7. KayTeaPea

ok, I downloaded and installed Firefox, and that worked. Thanks for the help ladies! I appreciate the quick responses! I will just have to twin with Danyale and use Firefox for the gallery!

8. KayTeaPea

EHStudios- I had tried at least 10 times to re-upload. No dice with Chrome. I will just have to deal with Firefox (total Google freak here- LOVE Chrome usually!)

EHStudios likes this.
  9. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Twins!!! Yaassss ♡

KayTeaPea likes this.
  10. KayTeaPea

Ugh-- I am back on the *Not able to Upload* List. I keep getting a message that the file is too large, but I used Cheryl/Fiddle Dee Dee's save for web action and I know that the file is not too large. I have tried uploading on Firefox, on Chrome, on Opera. I have tried resizing the file at least 5 times and making sure it is under the 250k limit. I would appreciate any ideas?
    @lmccandless

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh no - Kelly. I feel so bad you are going through this again. You mention running the action and being under 250 m ... is it 250m or 250 kb? I run the action (resizes, flattens and sharpens), then also use Save for Web to make sure it is under 250 KB. I'm so sorry you are running into this again. Are you positive you are doing the Save for Web part?

KayTeaPea likes this.
  12. KayTeaPea

Jenn-- it is under 250k. I looked to make sure. I also make sure to save for web, which is where I can see that it is under 250k. I really am confused about what I am doing incorrectly!

13. KayTeaPea

i finally got this page to upload, but it is so small i can't even tell what it is. I just went ahead and uploaded the file in my replies on the Random Challenge thread and the Monthly tracker thread.

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm guessing it's the Happy one?
    For some reason, that one is reading as 144x144 ox (hence the small) but 900 KB.

On occasion I have this issue with a page. I have no idea what causes it - paper? template? my photo? But it's actually too big for the gallery even if I don't think it is. I'll run the save for web action, and it won't go small enough file wise. It'll still be 1.2 GB or whatever even though the program is telling me it's under 250kb.

So, this is my workaround: I click on the upper most layer. I stamp the image (ctrl+shift+alt+e PC/adobe shortcut) and it makes my whole layout a layer. Then I pull just that layer onto a new document. Then run save for web and magically it'll fix the size problem. It saves at the 250, and I can upload.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I was just going to come and say the same thing @bestcee said - as I just saw your page in the Gallery and noticed the file size at 899KB. I'm glad Courtney has a workaround to get your file sized smaller. Fingers crossed it does the trick. How frustrating for you Kelly.

16. Ladydoc

Ladydoc Member

I decided to try the MOC and started to add my images, then realized I do not have a clue what I am doing. I do not know where the images should be posted and when to link them or just add them. The link list baffles me. There is also the drop box of "share this image with," which has me confused. I'd love a step by step instruction guide with no jargon, please. Thanks so much. I do not want to clutter things up and I am unclear about what three places things need to be added.

17. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to