Today is Day One...

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by rchansen, Apr 18, 2016.

1. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Started the 21 Day Fix today...AGAIN!! This time I am all in with the diet and the exercise. I love the color coordinated containers - such a simple way to know what I can eat everyday. Bought some healthy snacks to cure all cravings (a little dark chocolate Bark Thins for my "candy" cravings and lightly salted almonds for my "salt" cravings. Tonight I am going to cook up a couple days worth of chicken on the grill. Bought veggies and fruit over the weekend. Up at 5:00 for my Full Body Cardio workout this morning. Only thing I forgot was to charge my FitBit!! Other than that, I am good to go!!

Best of luck to everyone else today. Let's do this!!

RebeccaH, pbrooks and jesskab like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

:cheergo girl go! :cheer
    I have to admit to becoming addicted to Blue Diamond Salted Carmel Almonds! Can't wait to follow along on your success! :funfun
    My hubby is gone all week for training and that means I can cook for just me!:perfect My kids have the kid kind of meals that I don't like or eat normally...nachos, and other carb laden meals!

3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I'm on a reconnaissance mission for diabetic and/or vegan meals for the family (I am pre-diabetic, and my daughter's allergies make vegan the easiest - we just add meat back in. :giggle). I definitely need to incorporate more veggies than we've been eating. I started looking up cauliflower rice, and I think that's something I want us to try.

pbrooks likes this.
  4. rchansen

@AnneofAlamo Salted Carmel Almonds sound amazing...I am going to look for those!!

I'm excited to be back at it. Lost 23 pounds last summer, quit eating right and working out and have gained it almost all back!! My goal is to lose 50 pounds!! We go to Florida in August and if I can be down 20-30 pounds by then I would be thrilled!!

@klee73010 I am NOT a veggie person. On the 21DF I'm supposed to do 5 cups of veggies a day. I'm lucky if I do 3. I hear people talking about mashed cauliflower and stuff like that and I'm just scared to try it! I'm just going to have to branch out. Good luck to you!!

5. AnneofAlamo

just a helpful hint with cauliflower...if you aren't a vegi person...don't do it all at once total cauli. :) I love it plain, but if when I mash it, and it is too watery, I add a bit of instant taters. Bacon and butter (Atkin's girl here) and it is marvelous! I use ranch in the mash for extra seasoning..
    if you rice cauliflower...you can microwave and squeeze in towel to take extra water out...I learned that you can on low heat pan fry it to evaporate the water too. To me easier! but the smell of cauliflower ugh!

jesskab likes this.
  6. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Not sure I'm ready to get back on the cauliflower wagon. It's okay in some things cooked but yuck for potatoes. I could jazz them up though I guess. I haven't missed the carbs yet, except for a few.

7. rchansen

Now I'm even more scared to try them. Ha ha...and I agree about the smell (one of the reasons I'm afraid I won't like it). I'm allowed carbs so what I did before was a slice of toast for breakfast, 1/4 cup of mashed red potatoes for dinner and sometimes I'd break up the Fix approved taco shells and eat them with salsa - tricked myself into believing I was eating chips and salsa. Ha ha!!

8. AnneofAlamo

I got low carb tortillas. That is my one a day splurge. This family burritos everything! I am gonna make some cauliflower torts today. (hub is not a fan) I loved them! I tried the Opps bread.
    [​IMG]
    the taste was okay, but it makes this weird sound when you eat it...like chewing styrofoam!
    I did another with whey (protein powder) and oops I used vanilla flavor, so it kinda tasted like bad french toast!
    I am gonna try this one, but have to scavenger hunt the ingredients!

9. carilyne

I need to find the low carb tortillas again. I haven't tried the Opps bread or the Soul bread.

10. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

@AnneofAlamo Salted Caramel Almonds, say it isn't so! I was probably better off now knowing about those! Shame on you for telling us!

jesskab likes this.
  11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

luckily, we like Cauli well enough. we just don't eat it regularly.
    My biggest downfall is the prepping for veggies. and that I know so little about ways to prep them. we buy some at the store, and then get tired of eating them "the normal way" and instead of finding a new way to use them, just let them waste in the fridge/counter/whathaveyou. Then we say, "we always waste these, so lets not waste the money."

so... if I know ahead of time what I'm going to do with them, AND take the time to do the pre-work/prepping all at once, we will be better off. I plan to just add this into my sunday routine for the week. It just has to be done. But if it IS done, I will more easily stick to it.

12. carilyne

Smoked Almonds are one of my go-to's if I'm really struggling. I need to find your Salted Caramel Almonds @AnneofAlamo

13. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I hate cauliflower, however my DH loves it. I have tried every, rice it, smash it , blah, blah recipe I could find. Here are a couple go to(s) I can eat.

This is actually amazingly good:
    http://www.purewow.com/recipes/General-Tsos-Cauliflower - serve with regular rice and enjoy.

fried cauliflower isn't bad with onions and garlic. - chop into flattish flowerettes and fry in oil with garlic and onions until brown. Do the same and add tomato sauce and oregano and its pretty good too.

I also bake it with a bit of Parmesan and a brush of oil.

I am always looking for some tasty vegetarian recipes that are not mostly mush or with too much curry. .

klee73010 likes this.
  14. AnneofAlamo

[​IMG]
    • Serving Size: 28nuts
    • Serving Per Container: 6
    • Amount Per Serving
    • Calories: 160Calories from Fat: 120
      %Daily Value*
    • Total Fat 14g22%
      Saturated Fat 1g5%
    • Cholesterol 0mg0%
    • Sodium 60mg3%
    • Potassium 190mg5%

• Total Carbohydrate 7g2%
    • Dietary Fiber 3g12%
    • Sugars 3g
    • Protein 6g
    • Vitamin A0%
    • Vitamin C0%
    • Calcium6%
    • Iron6%
    • Trans Fat 0g
    • MetricServingSize 28g
    and in my search I found these babies:
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin and rchansen like this.
  15. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

OMG, all these flavored almonds that I never knew existed? I'm feeling the urge for a Target run right now! Does Target even carry them?

rchansen likes this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

yes target was listed as one that has them, go go to Target! lol

17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Good luck!!!!! I wish I could find my motivation. It seems to have melted away in a vat of my fat. LOL

bestcee likes this.
  18. rchansen

Day two. Did my Upper Fix workout this morning and loved it. Did not get the meal prep done last night like I wanted to...ugh. Maybe tonight?? But I did eat a good dinner. This morning I had a yogurt as soon as I woke up before my workout. Everyone has been telling me to eat something within the first half hour and since I workout right when I get up that didn't seem doable. Hopefully a yogurt will be enough kick start for my metabolism in the morning.

So far, so good. I even turned down Applebee's for dinner last night. My husband wanted to go watch the hockey game (Wild won!!) but I had to turn it down. Baby steps... :)

19. AnneofAlamo

no hubby at home and kids that can cook makes life easier for food consumption...I usually just forget to eat! lol
    but am making myself on right times!
    got in a great walk! 5 more pounds down and then I put the weights on my ankles! yikes!
    I do just want to sit in my jammies today...
    the energy that carbs give me is my hardest obstacle...rock star in fridge! lol

20. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

I love these too. It's hard to only eat one serving though but still healthier choice for me than the candy bar or bag of chips I would really rather be eating.