TLP {Digital} ATC Swap 023 | August 2017

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by jenevang, Aug 5, 2017.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Hey, ATC Peeps! It's back to school, back to swap time! :woot

Welcome to the TLP ATC Swap 023!

If you are new to our Digital ATC Swap, let me tell you exactly how this works #payattention

First of all, I always start by saying that you should NOT ever let the fact that you are just jumping on board stop you... everyone is more than welcome! At any time!

You really should give it a try!

Here's a peek at my album from a few months ago.

[​IMG]

And here is a cool process video of Laura's ATC from July 2016. (we totally need an update!)

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/watch-me-scrap-an-atc-card-process-video.44008/#post-763988

We would love to see more folks participating and all scrapping styles are welcome! Art journal, Mixed Media, Clean and Simple, paper scrap. It's still YOUR creation, just a smaller canvas.

It has been so fun collecting these and you will LOVE IT when you start seeing an album will with these little bits of art from our TLP friends.

For those of you unfamiliar with Artist Trading Cards, you are gonna love this! Feel free to google or check Pinterest for all kinds of inspiration!
    So here we are ready to go!

TLP ATC 023

Here's how it will work...

1. You create ONE OR MORE cards. Easy, peasy! Each card should be 2.5 in x 3.5 in (64 mm × 89 mm). SUPER IMPORTANT: Although the card you will upload needs to be web resolution (72dpi), the card you send me MUST be FULL resolution (300dpi). Otherwise, they will not print well!

2. Please create a back as well. This can be SUPER SIMPLE but is really important. On the back of each card please label them with your name, date, theme, the label "TLP ATC 023" and credits. You can get really creative with this (check out Pinterest) or it can be plain... your choice.

3. Anyone who wants to participate simply needs to E-MAIL ME your card. My e-mail address is jenevang @ gmail dot com. The Subject line MUST SAY "TLP ATC 023". #watchyourspelling #makeitexact #forrealz

[​IMG]

SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE... no variations on this please because it's how I search for you to send you your cards! The card should be attached to the e-mail or you can link me up to it somewhere that I can download it full-sized (like dropbox). Please send me the FRONT and the BACK of the card.

And PLEASE include your username somewhere in the email! #thankssomuch

4. Comment in THIS THREAD that you have sent me your card. Once I receive it and get it in the Dropbox folder/template that will be shared with all participants, I will add your name to this 1st post. If you do not see your name in this post, I do not have your card and you will not receive access to the files after the deadline.

***THEME***
    The theme for August '17 is INTERNATIONAL. This is selfishly in honor of my oldest son who is moving to China this month. You can choose ANY country/countries to highlight on your card EXCEPT the country you are currently living in.

Remember, your cards can be ANY STYLE you want... mixed media/art journal, or clean and simple. I have loved the variety of the previous swap cards. It's up to you and your creativity!

THE DEADLINE FOR CARD COMPLETION IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 25th.

I will send out a link to the DropBox folder that contains all participants cards within the next week. I will send this to the e-mail address you originally used to send me your card.

Anyone who has NOT sent me their card by that night at MIDNIGHT EST (if your name is not in this post) will NOT be sent the link to the Dropbox folder.

And anyone who HAS sent me a card (your name is totes in this post), will receive a link to the awesome goodness that is your TLP peeps' creativity and art! SO.COOL.

[​IMG]

Other stuff: Please use at least 75% TLP products and LET'S HAVE FUN SWAPPING!

[​IMG]

FAQ:
    Q: Can we use these in our scrapbook pages?
    A: You CAN use the ATC in your scrapbook pages BUT YOU MUST credit both the artist that created the card AND the products/designer used in the card (the credits from the back).

For example...

ATC from Awesome Scrapper using Awesome Kit by Awesome Designer

Q: How do we print these out?
    A: I will provide printable pages of cards #youarewelcome :giggle ... or alternatively, I'll also send the individual cards with a template that you can assemble and print yourself. Either way!

Q: How do we store these?
    A: I am using a white 3 ring binder like THIS and I put a custom cover in the front. And the cards fit perfectly in baseball card sleeves like THIS. It's gorgeous, but I actually need a thicker binder now!

Q: Can I upload these to the gallery?
    A: Absolutely! BUT not until after the SWAP cards are sent! With proper credits to the designer and products used, of course. But DO.NOT.UPLOAD.FULL.SIZED. It's never a good idea to upload anything that can be print ready because of size, of course, but also ease of DL and printing by anyone. #protectyourart

To recap: 72dpi (web resolution) for gallery and 300dpi (full resolution) emailed to me!

1. @bbymks5
    2. @jagruti patel
    3. @bestcee
    4. @BevG
    5. @mcurtt
    6. @cinderella
    7. @lmjrocko
    8. @kimingvtx

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    GwenCreative and mcurtt like this.
  2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Just sent mine :)

3. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Just sent you mine! So fun!

4. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I'm in!! I've missed doing these cards- they are just so fun!

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Just sent you an email.

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Hi Jen, Just e-mailed you mine. :-)

8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

9. lmjrocko

lmjrocko See that in my rear view mirror? That's Michigan!

10. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Just remembered to send mine!

11. bestcee

@jenevang I know you are super duper busy getting your kids back into routines... But could you pretty pretty please update the post with who sent in their cards?
    Only because I think I sent it, but then I doubt myself.
    [​IMG]

12. jenevang

ACK! I just came to let you know I was closing this in the morning if anyone wanted to sneak one in... and found your request. Sorry. I have them in a folder and I'll add the list tomorrow morning, but I have yours @bestcee :)

SO... I'll be closing this tomorrow! I can't believe it's SEPTEMBER in the morning! EEP.

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

No problem!
    I'm just glad I sent it!

14. jenevang

CLOSED. Sending today :)

mcurtt and cinderella like this.
  15. jenevang

OK, ladies... everyone should have their cards. Holler if you didn't get yours!

And look for the September info this week!

bbymks5 and cinderella like this.
  16. jenevang