Throwing a crazy scrappy idea out there...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Dalis, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Ok.... so I really love this template:
    :heartslub:heartslub:heartlub:beat:heartslub:heartlub:beat:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub:beat:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartslub:heartslub

fdd_FiddlesticksNumber33_pvw.jpg
    It is this month's template challenge template! Now, I am not sure I can express how much I LOVE :beat:heartlub:beat:beat this template.... so I thought.... how about if I use it in more than one of my challenge pages. As you know you can't double dip in challenges, [>], but after you do your template challenge you can use that same template to make other challenges!

I of course got distracted with this one... it was supposed to be my TEMPLATE submission, but it got really grungy and inky and I was... wait... I am going to use this one for my STYLE challenge and that is ok AS LONG AS I DON'T TRY TO USE IT as my template page too. Makes, sense, right?

Ok, so here is my first PAGE, I have at least 3 or 4 ideas roaming in my head to use this template!!!!

Here they are in thumbnail format, so you can see them next to each other and below they are in full gallery size.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

FOR MY STYLE CHALLENGE: (I removed the beautiful cutout of the flowers)
    [​IMG]

FOR MY TEMPLATE CHALLENGE: turned the cutout flowers into a stamp with a style and blended it for a very soft effect.
    [​IMG]
    FOR MY BYOC: I duplicated a few times the flower cutouts and covered most of the background and then used a half-tone overlay style on them and blended them a bit into the background for a softer look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Gorgeous!!!

I do that all the time- Where I am inspired to do a different challenge while working on another! ;) I'd be curious how many challenges you actually COULD (but wouldn't, ya know) complete in ONE layout!? ;) There's a challenge! lol!

3. Dalis

I get distracted super easily like that with challenges! It is funny you mentioned that because few years ago (when I paper scrapped) I started a challenge blog where you could make a card or page where you could include as many online challenges you could find in one project. A group of friends run the blog now.

bellbird and amien1 like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I'm game! Hmmm. :think Since I have done almost all the challenges already (AGAIN!) even tho I said I wouldn't- and some designer challenges too--maybe I will see how many I can cram into one page?!!:tu:jumpey

bellbird likes this.
  5. Dalis

Oh you can do repeats in just one page, that is fun too! In this blog that I made that I was mentioning one time I was able to cram 30 challenges in one card!!!!!!!

btw. Amanda, you are fast! It's only April 7th!

AJK likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Dalis So delighted that you enjoy the template so much and even MORE delighted at how you are showing the versatility of it! Gorgeous scrapping, as always!

7. Dalis

Here is my page for the actual template challenge:

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns and wvsandy like this.
  8. Dalis

2 down.... let's see how many more I can do... LOL!!!!

9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

It is a gorgeous template and your pages are awesome..can’t wait to see more. Have fun.

10. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Interesting idea, Dalis. I already finished the template challenge and used it quite as it was (at least as far as the die cut was concerned), but I like the idea to use it as a stamp. Maybe I will join you and use it for another challenge as well....Must think how to change it uo.

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Dalis, I had already completed all my challenge pages, but for the template challenge I did the same re the die cut flowers I kind of went for a blend as well!
    [​IMG]

Cherylndesigns, Dalis and bellbird like this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I just used the template too and i have to echo the love sentiment too @gonewiththewind
    Genius idea Dalis re: stamping effect instead of die-cut - i like the idea of misting it and basically masking the cutout section so it just has the negative showing too - maybe that's my 'inky grunge' challenge idea taking shape - always planning (and i love the 'how many challenges can you cram in one page idea you and @amien1 mentioned! -
    OMG! 30?! so funny and totally overachieving there!

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Makes sense to me! I know at least a couple of times I've begun a page with one challenge in mind but then switched to making it for a different challenge.

I love the idea of trying to combine all the challenges into one layout. Maybe that could be a bonus challenge every month. :D

As for me, this month, I've only completed one challenge layout so far. I usually space them out throughout the month, mostly only having time to scrap on Sundays.

Dalis likes this.
  14. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

im so glad its not just me, i start out with one thing in mind and end up with something totally different :)

Dalis likes this.
  15. Dalis

I specially love it when I totally think I am following the challenge and ended up mixing 2 challenges and it doesn't fulfill either of them and I have to tweak the page. :crazy3

wvsandy, Cherylndesigns and Jems like this.
  16. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

YES!!!! hahahahaha i have done that before :)

Dalis likes this.
  17. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I haven't gotten a chance to start this month's challenges, but I love that template, so I'll see what I can do!

Dalis likes this.
  18. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

What awesome takes on the (GORGEOUS) template! I always love seeing how people make a template their own, and you really showed how versatile this one is and made two beautiful and totally different pages. I think the template challenge is calling my name!

Dalis likes this.
  19. Dalis

It seriously drives me crazy, I do it at least every other month. You would think I learn my lesson.

Isn't is just gorgeous!

I am working on my third one, now... I need a "soft" set of pictures! hmmmm.... let me see what I can find! I wish I had B's baptism photos.

Tree City likes this.
  20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Not sooo crazy. I use templates almost always and I find myself reaching for the same one or same set over and over. For sure, I have favorites within each designer's folder.

I have been trying to get my 2017 album done - so close... just have 1 week left of pictures to do. Then opening pages for both volumes (or hmm, maybe I will try one of those printers that let you have 150+ pages). So I haven't done a challenge page yet this month. Soon, I will.

Dalis likes this.