Throw Back Thursday | Pad Patter 11.16.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Nov 16, 2017.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

So if you know me, you know i'm not much of a facebooker and only really add scrap layouts to it and instagram (and pinterest but it has been grating on me lately but i digress).
    I have seen the whole Throwback trend and never really participated because I was getting posts from like 6 mths to a year ago and that's not much of a throwback to me, but today I had a notification on a digi page from January 2006 (I accidentally typed 'twenty sixteen' and had to go back and correct it just then, it's so far back my brain and hands can't process typing the 2 zeros!) from another site's challenge (does anyone remember RAKscraps?)

And so in the spirit of TBT, I'm going to share that page and invite you to share a scrap Throwback of your own, either from one of your first pages here in the gallery or a gem you found on your harddrive - I'm ashamed to say I don't have credits for this but doubt the ?kit or template if it was one, would be available anyway now. My daughter is about 6mths old here and I started digi way back when she was a few months old so this would have been one of my first pages (that i don't remember or seem to have printed because I think I would remember this wavy strip of photos that would be on a CD somewhere...and that i thought these 3 identical ribbon tabs without shadows were a wonderful accessory!)
    firstswimcopy_0.jpg

2. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

@bellbird The photos are gorgeous, even if the style has dated. :)

Here's my very first page. I had no idea what a shadow was, let alone how to use them 30925_446948277288_4333540_n.jpg .

cfile, Tree City, bellbird and 2 others like this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Fun idea! I'll have to look.

Wow I didn't know you were digi all the way back in 2006! I think I started around 2009, maybe?

@Meredith78
    how did you learn about shadows? I'm always curious how new digi scrappers learn these things. I think my first page was lacking shadows too. :giggle I got into digi when I took a free mini classes about photo editing (and put textures, frames, and word art over the photos) ... and I was hooked. I then took a couple digi scrapbook class using PSE at first.

I'll check out my older EHDs later and see what I can dig up to share, although I doubt I saved those very first pages!

bellbird likes this.
  4. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

This is one of my firsts and I was soooooooo proud of it! Oh, my!! Look at that. A blended photo and everything!! And look at those shadows!!!! LOL LOL LOL Makes me totally cringe. So glad I've learned a lot since that time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  5. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Fun idea! This is the first page I saved on my HD. Made it August 2004. The font Liorah was all the rage back then...

[​IMG]

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this isn't the first but it is almost 12 years old...fast forward to now and that little blonde girl hanging from the monkey bars married my son (in the middle on top) and gave me a granddaughter in October! lol -1-6-6-dorris-week-copy.jpg

wvsandy, Tree City, bellbird and 3 others like this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I can't even tell anymore as I have changed PC several times and when it got moved took on a different date.. all I know is the date is 2007 when it is noted... I was active with Mo Jackson and Moland. This is one of my pages. Not sure where the first page I ever made is, but this is my Grandfather and I made this page a real long time ago!

grandpabbq copy.jpg

wvsandy, Tree City, bellbird and 2 others like this.
  8. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I love seeing these so much!!!

This was one of my very first digi layouts, from way back in 2006. I scrapped this as my husband was returning from his first deployment to Iraq.

The shadows are terrible...but I love the story and looking back on this memory. The photo was taken right before he left...I was so sad!

missyou_web.jpg

cfile, wvsandy, Tree City and 2 others like this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

oh, this is both fun and embarrassing. Love it! :) Here's one of my first. I started scrapping soon after DD was born. A site I'd started visiting had a challenge where they gave a freebie to use in the challenge. The freebie was only a paper and a bracket, and ooooh doggie, did I use that bracket! I thought I was so cool for combining them into an intricate frame. And I added a shadow to the frames...but not my text.
    TBT.jpg

10. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

These are so cool to look back on! All the galleries I used to haunt are gone except this and Oscraps, so you get one from here!

[​IMG]

This was for Scrap Your (Fuzzy?) Heart Out time, I think it was something like MOC so this was one of mine. I can't tell if it's hilarious or sad that my scrap style hasn't changed one iota... o_O Man, this page though. Memories galore!

I don't facebook really either, so don't feel bad! ::HUGS!:: we can be non-fbers together!

cfile, wvsandy, bestcee and 3 others like this.
  11. jenn mccabe

whoa! that BBQ is the bomb!

cfile and bellbird like this.
  12. jenn mccabe

I was just thinking of you today miss Serena! :beat

bellbird and Serena like this.
  13. jenn mccabe

yours is my fave so far bc of your description of it and the page itself. LOVE this is pure awesome - it is so stylized. and kinda funny those intricate cut outs are trendy now ... but dang you really had some technique going girl - with the weaving in and out. WOW, impressive!

bellbird and Tree City like this.
  14. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

@bellbird I really like how you used the "wave" aspect for the photos, a cool way to get movement in there! :D

@Meredith78 Looove those photos though! Gorgeous! And such pretty colors together!

@Jan That extraction is awesome though!!

@Rikki I like how you've put all the photos together and the word art with the curiosity in the back!

@AnneofAlamo That is a cool page!! How AWESOME is it to have that memory?! We never stayed in one place long enough to have photos/stories like that. That's adorable!

@cfile Woah! Mo Jackson! I remember her! I still remember when Paint the Moon was designing as well and Christina Renee was EVERYWHERE. lol! That's a cool page, I love that hanging spatula and the card cluster!!

@dailydwelling Definitely a cool memory!! Bless you and your husband for everything you guys do for our country too! <3

@Tree City Can I just say that I LOVE how you used the brackets in a cool and unusual way?! Very neat and you were SO COOL! I like it!

::Sneaks in a super squishy warm hug for @jenn mccabe too!!::

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i havr to come back and comment individually but this thread has made me smile this morning :)

Tree City likes this.
  16. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Okay... I pulled out the hard drive my husband had recovered for me and sorted files by date created and this is the winner (created July 2005)....

2p-Clara-Attitude-copy.jpg

Shadow only on the element and an unreadable font!

wvsandy, michelepixels and Tree City like this.
  17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is so fun! I started digiscrapping in in 2006, when my youngest was a year old. My husband was trying to teach me all things Photoshop, and by teach I mean he told me to go look up tutorials. That's how I stumbled on digiscrapping. This was the very first page I ever uploaded online on Aug. 1, 2006 hahaha:

2076_0e893e3d-cf26-443b-bf04-2f6c4fa3a1e3_l.jpg

But seriously, y'all. I think I have told the story before that I had a weird bevel obsession LOL. I mean, I beveled all the things! I stumbled across this one when as I was looking up the other. It seriously makes me giggle!

14449_46f35d2a-2bb8-43d5-803b-e9cf5392d2d9_l.jpg

18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I think this is the first page I ever made. Way back in July 2005 using an old copy of full Photoshop version 5 that my husband already had when I first read about digital scrapbooking. I think I read about it in a scrapbooking magazine. The following year I got Photoshop Elements and the year after that I joined a digital scrapbooking forum. I have been digiscrapping over a decade and I love it!!! By the way, the girl in this photo (my second child) just celebrated her 14th birthday on Tuesday.
    050726practicingmoregallery.jpg

Tree City and bestcee like this.
  19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Yeah, I just went to look for my oldest pages at the first forum where I used to hang out from 2007 to 2010. I was a little surprised to find they'd completely remodeled, and really shocked to find I couldn't even log in anymore. I'm sure I had my username and password correct because my computer remembered it AND I have it written down, but it gave me an error message saying "unknown." It's my fault for no longer hanging out there, but I was kind of sad.

Serena likes this.
  20. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

JAN! The big photo on the bottom-right....if I didn't know it was taken way before your adorable grandson was born, then I would have assumed it was a pic of him. Love it!

My niece--my brother's DD--is basically a clone of me. She looks more like me than my own kids do, lol/col. Anyway, just had to share. :)

bestcee likes this.