"This Is Us"

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Feb 20, 2017.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

... is anyone obsessed over the TV series "This Is Us" like I am??
    I watch very few TV shows - and very seldom are they dramas (I usually stick with reality type shows), but This Is Us has me completely sucked in.

Love Jack ... I like Rebecca, love Randall ... Kevin is growing on me and I think Kate has some major issues.

I cannot wait until tomorrow night's episode!!

Anyone else?

Chippi, LoveItScrapIt and cfile like this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I am. And Kate does have issues. I resemble, err recognize them. I love it. But the biggest reason I love it is the way they are portraying Kate and dealing with the weight issue realistically. I identify with the childhood scenes as well as the adult ones. But I love the show.

cfile likes this.
  3. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I love it, too! Some of it is set in my hometown of Pittsburgh. It's fun seeing and hearing the references. They did get one thing wrong, though. The day she walked into a store and was able to buy liquor would not have happened because back then you had to buy your wine a the "State Store" and beer could only be purchased at a beer distributor.

cfile likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I don't know this one at all...checking it out.

cfile likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I watched the first episode, but have been busy, and not made it back for more!

cfile likes this.
  6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I love this show too! I got the hubby hooked- which is good because I like watching things together- but bad because now I have to wait until we can both watch 'grown up tv' after the kids go to bed. Sometimes, it's a few days later by the time we get through our dvr! :)

cfile likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love it.. the guy that plays Randall was in Army Wives and I loved him in that too... The guy who plays Kevin is from the Young and the Restless and he was awesome in that too... Milo - well what can I say!! I loved him in American Dreams and Heros... He is a great actor and I love him in this... He is great too seeing him on talk shows.. great guy... I like Kate and yup I can relate.. Toby (Chris Sullivan) I liked from "The Knick" and I like Rebecca from different movies I have seen her in. Great cast and great way of telling the story.. I like going back in time to get the background and then popping back to real time.. Love the show!!!

9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

It's my favorite show right now. I usually DVR it so that I can watch without interruption and forward thru the commercials...plus I generally cry so I like to do that on my time. lol

10. JillW

@Eyeore - get a box of tissues to have handy - that's all I can say!
    I think I've cried at every episode!!

StefanieS likes this.
  11. JillW

@cfile - I really like all of the cast too - but especially Milo - my goodness - I think he is SO easy on the eyes - especially when he was playing a very YOUNG Jack! They are ALL such good actors and actresses!!

I could not watch this with hubby - I'm not sure he'd ever get into the way I am - and then he'd constantly be talking through it - and then he'd see my blubbering every week over a TV show! LOL!

cfile likes this.
  12. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Love this show!! LOVE JACK!! I think I like Rebecca. Like all the kids. Not sure about Miguel yet. Have cried so many times watching this show!! My daughter usually has basketball Tuesday nights so a lot of weeks I have to wait to watch the following day on Hulu. She does not have a game tonight and I'm already excited to watch!!

JillW likes this.
  13. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Yassssssssssssss I'm so hooked it is soooooo real to life and I love it for that.

14. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Love "This is Us". I DVR it so that I can watch it when I want -- and know that I may cry!

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

yup I agree re easy on the eyes re Milo.. Hubby hates soap operas and back and forth so I didn't even bother with getting him started on watching it.. I DVR it and watch it Wednesday mornings!! :)

16. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I haven't quite decided about Miguel yet, either. I'm kind of waiting to see how he and Rebecca ended up together after Jack's death. I did like his talk with Kevin last week though.

17. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

It is one of my favorites. I wish that I could be half the parent Jack is.

18. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I like it. Sometimes I feel like it's almost too purposely emotionally manipulative but I keep tuning in!

19. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I love this show. This is kind of like Parenthood was for me, cry or on the verge of crying on almost every episode. I admit, i think it took me into the 2nd episode to catch on to the time jumping.

20. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I love it, too! Jack is my favorite, but all the characters are amazingly portrayed by these wonderful actors.