The Internet is a Crazy Place

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dailydwelling, Mar 23, 2017.

1. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

So...the funniest/craziest thing is happening on Cracker Barrel's FB page that I just saw.

Apparently, someone named Brad posted that his wife was fired from Cracker Barrel after working there for eleven years. She was fired on his birthday and he wanted an explanation from the store. Well, now the internet is trolling Cracker Barrel's FB page making comments like "why did you fire Brad's wife?"

It's pretty ridiculous and hilarious at the same time!

This poor company...I don't even know how they should handle it, but it's crazy to watch.

bestcee, jenn mccabe and norton94 like this.
  2. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

lol, people are so strange sometimes.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

That is an HR nightmare!! He needs to ask his wife...they aren't going to tell him a single thing; and will only make things worse.

Tree City and dailydwelling like this.
  5. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Ahhh the Interwebs is a weird and odd place!

[​IMG]

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

The internet, specifically Facebook, is a very bizarre place. I keep having to remind myself - don't read the comments. I'm much happier if I don't.

keepscrappin and dailydwelling like this.
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Wow.... nutty people... and if you read.. .there are details and names. Omigoodness! You think #teambradandnanette or #teamcrackerbarrell will take off?! :giggle

"Bradley XXXX XXX's wife, Nanette, worked at the XXXXXXX, Indiana Cracker Barrel for 11 years, was fired by a district manager named Gwen XXXXXXXXX. Reason given was, "She wasn't working out." She's an older woman whom coworkers/customers say was hardworking, averaged 50-60 hrs a week. Since CB wouldn't give Brad and Nanette an answer, he posted his question on their FB page, and #bradswife took off from there.

Cracker Barrel has had an awful lot of discrimination lawsuits; makes me wonder, 'Was Nan getting a lil too close to retirement?' Who can say, since CB won't?

Hope that answers your question."

Just to be nice, I removed last names/location. It is on their FB page... thought I don't know if these are the correct people, so better be safe than sorry!

8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

it's weird, funny, bizaare - there's a singer here that was on our version Idol years ago (maybe runner up - can't remember), on one of the news shows on tv the other week they said there is a 'craze' where seemingly unconnected people have been commenting on his normal posts on his FB page, asking for random objects back that he supposedly borrowed with a bunch of metaphors and blaming their wife for the fact that they need the object back - like you said, weird

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh geez! This is a downside to being over connected. Anytime someone is wronged they go online and start an imaginary army. Who knows what is true and isn't anymore. Lol.

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Took a quick peek ... OMG - that is nuts. I can't even go down that rabbit hole ... I have to go finish studying this chapter from H-E- "double toothpicks" so I can take my exam tonight ... I just want to play at TLP today and hang out and scrap! :(

12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Truly weird, these things develop a life of their own.
    Prof Kelly and his kids on the BBC etc has 84 000 000 views?

Mylinn likes this.
  13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My hubby told me about this! People are already making t-shirts and selling them.

The internet is crazy.

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Did you see the Chick Fil A sign? There's one that posted 'Now hiring Brad's wife'.

I often have to remind myself to stay out of the comments. This one cracked me up.

BevG, jk703 and dailydwelling like this.
  15. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

@bestcee I just saw that. I think Chick Fil A totally wins social media with that one.

bestcee likes this.
  16. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh Goodness... Chick-Fil-A, so funny!

17. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I want the life of anyone who has enough time to troll a Cracker Barrel FB page with all that stuff ...

dailydwelling likes this.
  18. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Why I pretty much stay away from Facebook. If I visit once or twice a month, that's a lot. Then my friends get mad at me when I don't know something that they think I should know. They remark, "Well, I put it on Facebook!!!!" And my response to them is "And that proves what??????" I have two friends (well one friend and one relative) who put their whole life story on Facebook, dirty laundry and all!! How could someone do that???? Just too much Drama for me.

bestcee likes this.
  19. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Chick Fil A definitely wins that one!!! :dancebun

bestcee likes this.