Tell your friends....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MrsPeel, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Squirrely

Squirrely Well-Known Member

@MrsPeel and everyone else here who lost their friend, my heart breaks for you. I think it's very hard to lose an online friend, because you've never met, yet they hold an important part of almost everyday when you share a hobby such as ours. You feel double gypped - you never got to hug them and now they're gone. It's so hard, and yes I've been there too. We probably all have.

Most of my working life was spent working in hospital emergency rooms as a secretary. Having seen so much tragedy and sadness 365 days a year, I taught my kids early on that we NEVER leave the house or say goodbye without saying 'I love you' to each other, and we still do it 25 years later. We're spread all over the globe, but we connect in her hearts by those 3 words even if we're just calling about the weather. It's so important, and I love that my girls now do it with their children (my son has none yet). My son even calls just to say that to me, "no other reason Mom, just wanted you to know." It's the most beautiful thing you can do for the people you love.

BevG, MrsPeel, catschwartz and 4 others like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Absolutely! :heartslub And I do give the best boobie hugs. Ask @Danyale LOL

MrsPeel and Danyale like this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Oh no :( I'm so sorry for your losses.

I think we always have the best of intentions when it comes to keeping in contact, but life is just crazy fast, that we substitute in-head conversations for the real deal. Thank you for the reminder to make real contact with friends and family...I know I needed it.

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Oh I had no idea she was gone. I was so sad when she retired! Wow! That has completely taken me by surprise!

As soon as I read your first post @MrsPeel, I message my friend. It is her birthday tomorrow and I have been thinking about her all week. We were best friends in high school but had a major falling out in Grade 10 (over a really insignificant thing that blew way out of proportion). We didn't speak (except when we had to, thanks teachers) until halfway through Grade 12, and we have remained friends but it never got back to what it was.
    So, I messaged Lauren just now, even though tomorrow I will do the usual Happy Birthday thing, and I just said hi. I didn't message her to instigate a conversation about me, I just said hi.

Thank you for the encouragement to tell those we love that we love them. It is SO important!!
    And hugs for you, you lovely lady, you love with your whole heart and it pains me to know that you are hurting!

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Totally crying here too! Cynthia you are in my prayers and I hope you feel better!!!!!! A couple years ago a very close friend from my high school years and beyond died -- depression overcame her and she took her life. (She absolutely died from depression). Soon, I got in touch with a friend who I had lost touch with. You are so right -- it is important to let people know that you love them. Everyone here is so helpful and loving. Serena and Cheryl -- you are in my prayers too! And anyone else that I forgot. Sometimes life is tough and we need to remember that people love us. Cynthia is so right -- go love on someone!

MrsPeel, Serena and Chippi like this.
  6. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

So much emotion ... not even sure what to say right now. Here's what I'm feeling ...

:love:grouphug Love to this community. Love to you, Cynthia @MrsPeel. Broken heartedness for the losses.

You are so wise to remind us to hold those we love closer. :heartslub

MrsPeel and cfile like this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@MrsPeel Cynthia...you are a bright light in this world! I'm so sorry to hear you lost a friend. I didn't know her but understand the helplessness when someone is gone and you didn't get to say goodbye, lost touch and then it's too late. It's so sad but unfortunately happens. It's a good reminder to touch base with those that slip away b/c your schedule got busy, you kept thinking you'd do it later, but then something comes up and the thought passes.

Sorry to hear of the CHF. I"ve been in cardiology for 25 years (staff not a doctor) so I have a general understanding of most cardiac stuff. Whatever your risk factors are, minimize them, which helps (no smoking, keep weight down, low salt, etc) and take your meds. I'm sending you lots of love, hugs and strength.

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am so sorry Cynthia @MrsPeel for the loss of Andrea and your other friend. I too agree 100% of what you said.

I was very mad at myself as last May was my Cousin's BD.. I had a habit of always calling him on his birthday knowing he couldn't do what he used to do , due to in home dialysis at night etc. When I would call him on and off through out the year with varying news or just a hi how ya doing, he was depressed due to the Kidney issues. Anyway, I had planned on calling on his birthday and for what ever reason, I didn't get a chance and missed it. I did not call either after that. I then hear from his sister on June 17th that he had passed away. It broke my heart.. I missed calling him. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. He knows I always thought about him even though we weren't always in touch. I will never forget him. My heart still aches.

My dear friend, I love you. I am glad we catch up via pms and such. Looking forward to that hug in a few months :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My heart goes out to you all, pain is dreadful, chronic and emotional and I think we all need to just have a little reprieve. I would love to know what a boobie hug is @gonewiththewind ? From my side of the Atlantic it sounds dodge... :hug
    Sending love and cyber hugs to you all. I suppose we never know what others are going through, and then all of a sudden my stuff :hissy isn't nearly as bad. :imok

MrsPeel and gonewiththewind like this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Bwahahahahahaha "sounds dodge" TOTALLY adding that to my vocabulary!

I am, um, blessed in the chest area and like to give squishy boobie hugs . . . don't worry, they are reined in by my over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder but it's still an . . . shall we say OVERWHELMING experience. LOL

MrsPeel and Serena like this.
  11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Ginormous hug, and a thought for you, hope you have felt better in the last few days.
    This month we lost my father in law. He was at best an " awkward " man. At worst well..... but we loved him,and were so grateful that both his daughter,and her grown up children,got here in time,and saw him before he went.
    I have the same bad habit of letting things slide about keeping in touch. Will try to do much much better.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    :bk

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

@MrsPeel

Cynthia, I Love You! You are soo special, I hope you know that!

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

@Aussiegirl

Will respond on my computer and not on my tablet...

14. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

How is your husband now?

Do people still say that?! I've not heard that phrase in years!! My girls would die if I started saying that again! :D

So last year I did a google search on Andrea. I couldn't find anything about her. Her FB posts stopped being made. Nothing. It's like she vanished out of thin air. Today I found out about her death and it breaks my heart. She was such a nice woman. I loved her templates, I probably own far too many of them! When my husband got orders to go to England, Andrea was my go-to girl about what to do, expect. When his orders got rescinded, we were both saddened that we'd never get to meet. She was such a sweet woman, who gave up designing to become a midwife, something I've always dreamed of doing. I hope she was able to deliver a few tiny miracles before her passing. My heart is truly aching for her family's loss, even though it's been some time.

Cynthia, I always try to keep tabs on you here and there throughout our walks of life. While we are not "friends", I consider you an acquaintance and often check up on you here and there. The same goes for a few of you! <3 While I never personally met most of you (I met @QuiltyMom and my best friend @Aussiegirl) I still consider you all friends and mourn with you when something bad happens, or yes, even cry when one of our own passes. Melissa @yzerbear19's has hit me really hard this month, mostly due to her battle at such a young age to cancer and losing it. Hearing about Andrea's death really hurts. It's been a long time since I checked in on her and lost touch of her when SO closed. I might not always say it, but I appreciate every one of you, especially those who reached out, said a kind word, commented on a layout/post, etc.

I like what @Squirrely said in her post. We always say we love each other after every phone call, leaving the house, etc. Because you never know if that's the last time you are going to see someone. It's better to have their last words to you be "I love you", rather than not having three words to hold on to, comfort you, after they are gone.

15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Bette Middler at her best! I loved that song from "Beaches"!

gonewiththewind and MrsPeel like this.
  16. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

He's doing good now. Lots of new meds and adjustments to old ones to get his BP under control. Thank you

MrsPeel and Neverland Scraps like this.
  17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

What a good reminder @MrsPeel. Most of us have the best of intentions but don't always carry them out. I'm sure speaking for myself here. A well loved deceased local priest always said at most of the retreats he gave for men..."Silent love isn't worth a damn. If you love someone, tell them!" I really try to remember to do that with my children but don't always think of it with friends.

@gonewiththewind Oh I need one of your hugs! That was my Nana too!

gonewiththewind and MrsPeel like this.
  18. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Oh, Cyn... that is horrible. So sorry for your losses and for the news of your heart problems. I hope and pray that you will take only the best care of yourself because you are so valuable, inspirational, and loved.

I still miss the other Andy that you referenced, and am saddened to learn about Andrea. I didn't really know her, but loved her designs and had a couple of email exchanges with her about her retirement and future plans. :(

I was scared that I was losing my grandma the other day. She had an episode in the store, and I thought she was going to die in my arms. She seemed to be passing out and then was unresponsive and I thought she might be having a stroke or a heart attack. After several minutes, she ended up coming out of it, and realizing that I was standing there crying, she said, "Stop crying. I'm not dying today. I am *not* going to die in a K-Mart." Of course everyone around her laughed at that.

My FIL is now in hospice care. It is heart-breaking to know he will be gone soon. I was furious because Tim's brother, hearing that his dad was being put into hospice, simply said to let him know when everything was done. He wasn't coming over to see Al before he dies. I just cannot grasp it. It is a little over an hour drive for him. Tim's father is one of the kindest men I've ever met. They had a great family and never had any of the typical dysfunction. I don't understand why Tim's brother is being like that, other than I guess Steve figures since Al has Alzeimer's he won't know if he is there or not. But I don't believe that. I'm thoroughly disgusted by him.

I'm a firm believer in telling people that you love them. So I love you all!!!!

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

IT took em over an hour to write this and check spelling, apologies if something is misspelled or not too well expressed, but I couldn't not come to talk with you here :beat:beat:heartlub:beat:beat

right...first of all, let me clear my eyes of the rivers of tears that cloud them right now, I ca,me already crying rivers because of a conversation with started in a LO in the gallery...but that will be for another thread.

I had a really difficult week last week and the weekend got a bit worse (pain levels wise) and it never fails, I come here, and you are such a source of love, inspiration, support and ...something I can't find the word for ....I think is bigger than words. I m always in awe of the talent artistically speaking ...and then when you see/feel that that talent extends to your (all of you here) hearts, and that there is so much will power to help others, be supportive.... I am so so very blessed. I think we are as a family here.

I am so glad to have you here, you have no idea. I'm not sure I'm that much a beautiful soul... you guys see here one side of me that makes the effort to be the very good person I know I need to be, but I often get cranky, irritable and ...well. bitchy. I do hold friendship as a BIG big thing in life to me, and I keep trying to be that good person because I know that as I got those who heard/read me/spoke to me (and still do) when I was low, or when I am in those cranky angry days came to sooth it, or explained to me things I couldn't understand..... well, I want to give back and make it go around... I once again, I am so so very glad to have you here with us .

Oh I do :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    I also know how we got so lucky to have each other as a friend.
    I was TERRIFIED and couldn't believe it when Mirjam called me into the team, and all of you who to me were like...my Barbara Streissand, (should I say my Adeles? for the younger ones? :giggle of the scrapbooking, and you were this awesome, amazing welcoming girl whom I couldn't believe was talking to ME!!!!!!!! It was the Fried SEa FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
    :rofl

I may need to make my trip to the USA happen so I can turn up in your door step and say to your hubby, "See? Not man!!!!!" :rofl

Now more seriously... I am very very close to my family, we do talk a lot, cousins, children of my cousins, of course my mum & dad...but the relationships I have developed with quiet az lot of you guys here? I think that is something out of this world.
    I have met many many scrappers and one of my designers came to stay at my place (advantages of living in London!!!!) but many of you whom I have never ,met, my love for you and what yoi give me is so so very real , that I don't like calling outside the computer "real; life" this? to me? is as real as it van get :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

I knew you for a while, but we only started communicating now over this MoC.... and I couldn't count myself luckier...
    I saw you posted later in the thread he is better now... you are in our prayers , with all our heart (have spoke to Sarita about you and showed her your gallery :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

I don't think I knew you before...but I do know that in these past few weeks I'm starting to get to know you and I think we are alike in many things... so I may take you up on the offer... as I said to Margaret...I'm not always that beautiful "sweet" person many people think I am, but if I have someone who understands to be on the other end of the phone or the chat, that helps me go back to my normal side of my Jekyll & Side thing :giggle and then I can carry on trying to be the best I can be....

Also, I always say, maybe with other words , not as well expressed as yours as my English suffers when I am emotional especially, but every pain is a huge magnitude to the ones feeling it.
    I do sometimes use the "it could be worse-I am grateful for what I have" but at times, it doesn't work. My pain is mine and isn't less because the other guy is a different one....
    Anyway, I treasure your coming back here even though I didn't know you before, because in the very few weeks since I discovered you, you have given me some of the most intense moments and called my attention to things/propel/ stuff I am grateful you showed to us all, and me in particular (for example the page by Krista about Daily Decisions that you Froggy Faved) - so so glad you are here :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

ohhh this is wise, and we have lived this intensely on something that happened when I was a teenager, it made me overcome some differences I had with my mum at the time, and made me give Sarita the same message since she was old enough to understand what saying see you later meant.....
    In the 70s, my cousin, newly married, 27 years old, was traveling from the farm to the city, they had an argument, his wife, his mum (my aunt) and his dad, silly, something about taking the dog to have a hair cut , I can't remember what it was but was something trivial...he got annoyed, banged the door, and rove of with his wife (to whom he wasn't talking either at the time) they had a car crash...he died, she survived/.
    In our family, after that... you weren't - you aren't to this day, and we are a HUGE family) to leave without calming down and saying I love you and meaning it.
    My words to Sarita when she leaves the house :
    Vai Com Deus-
    which is something we do say in Brazil a lot : Go with God-
    In the olden days, you would ask your mum and Dad for their blessing before you left the house, but these days isn;t used...
    We have had really tough times with her in the past 3 years or so...but she never stop saying I love you and waiting by the door until I said Vai com Deus.
    This is so important to her, that she has it tattooed in her skin, last year when we went to Barcelona.....in my hand writing....:

so yes. :)
    By the way, you are another one of the people whom I have recently discovered and I am loving having you here....I'm getting better now , trying to make time to be here and in the gallery enough to carry on getting to know...:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    I KNOOOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE YOU!!!!!
    :heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub

true, life is so fast these days, that even with all the technology that allows us to be nearer people, sometimes is like it puts even more distance...but yes, we do try our best.
    and, Timmi, I really really love you around...not only your visual talent, your pages, but the little we started communicating recently, I am treasuring your presence... even though we had different starts in life, we have lived similar things in our childhood and I see you see many things the way I do.. so, really, really love having you around :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

this makes me hugely happy.
    also, you, from the name you choose to come here, are always putting a smile in my face. Your avatars, you signatures, the way you scrap, the way you communicate..... I know I haven't been as much around the gallery as I wanted to,past few months were difficult, but I hope toi be catching up even if in little bits, as I said to the girls, your presence here is also treasured, and thank you so so much for your words, not just now but always, knowing you guys are here with a prayer or a thought...it means so much to me I have no words to express it :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

oh KIm- YOU KNOW I have a HUGE spot for you in my heart. I miss you when you are not around and I am always always happier when I see coming to the chats or scrapping (that page with the circles !!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!) and I know how much of your hearts reaches to us here.
    Depression is lethal.
    MY personal beliefs I could never attempt anything, but in the past couple of years I had a few spots in which I was praying for God to take me. I couldn't understand why people couldn't understand why I felt like that.... I got a LOT of support and love and time that some people gave me without lecturing me, one was my father (an amazing almost 90 years old man) and then so many of my friends here...
    I used to say suicide was a coward thing to do...now I just try not to say anything, I know I wouldn't do it, but I do understand some people get too near the border of extreme pain...and I treasure this community, this family, because in my case, isn;t depression is more complicated, but is having this family here that makes me feel less useless, and always appreciated......:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

I know you are also going through a very emotional time right now Kim....there is no need to say anything... I know you and love you and hope you know I am here if anything at all I can do to help :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub 4 years very soon now, since I first saw you around and fell in love with your pages and you...
    I may write to ask you a few questions...they are a great team, and the one surgeon who saw me was an amazing guy, not like a surgeon at all (i see that they don't much see the emotional side) they give me Carvedilol, started once a day, am now 3 times a day, and Remipril, apart from all the other tablets for the other conditions...I may know next month if it is working. I dont even want to think about the possibility of surgery...anyway, wont bore you with this but may write to ask you a few things

same with you..almost 4 years now...and you know how much I treasure your friendship :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub you are one of the pilars of this community...and I am blessed with your personal friendship :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

we have been talking about a lot of what is mentioned here...and I have no words to thank you for the support you have given me in the past few weeks..... I have no words to express my gratitude :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

oh Vivi!!!!!! you do great with me!!!!!!! all those messages that come in the right time, when I haven;t been around and you notice and you write...... more like I haven;t been communicating a great deal, trying to pull myself together now You know how much I love you and how much it means to me to have you here!!!!!

and it is mutual, works both ways!!!!!! I hope you know that too!!!!!!!!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

ohhh my...... I honestly never think people know me!!!! I'm honored that you take time to know who I am....:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    I know you, I know your pages, for years now...I think is one of those things, we keep crossing path but never stop to go a bit further?
    I'm so glad you are here, I'm always trying to catch up but I will make my way to your gallery for sure :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

so so glad to hear :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

My dad used to go around that concept with the "actions speak louder than words" but to me, words are so SO necessary at times!!!!!!!!!!
    and yes, I need one of those Cheryl Huggzz tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@MrsPeel Yes, you can always ask me whatever you need, I may not always have the answer but may be able to help understand some of it.

MrsPeel and LoveItScrapIt like this.