Tell me what you're reading

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by y_baros, Aug 31, 2016.

1. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

I'm currently listening to "It Ends With Us" by Colleen Hoover on Audible (again), and reading "End of Day" by Jewel E. Ann. Anyone reading anything good right now?

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I just finished "Grey" , and am starting "Casual Vacancy" over again. And starting the Game of Thrones series.

y_baros likes this.
  3. y_baros

how was Grey? I'm not convinced it's one I need to read.

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm reading My Sister, My Love by Joyce Carol Oates. Fictional telling of the JonBenet Ramsey case.

enjoyyourpix, NancyBeck and y_baros like this.
  5. klee73010

I liked it better than the original 50 Shades. Better editing, probably. I'm irritated that the other two books in the trilogy aren't available (don't even know if they ever will be).

y_baros likes this.
  6. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I'm currently reading Book #3 of the Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan "The Dragon Reborn". Obviously, I'm hooked since this is the 4th book of the series I'm reading... I actually read the prequel #0 before starting the actual series. The prequel was shorter than any of the books in the series, so I figured that was a good place to start to see if I would like it or not.

Happy Reading!!

y_baros likes this.
  7. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I'm reading In the Time of the Butterflies. It's about the Dominican Republic. We're going there at the end of the month and my daughter said it would be a good book to read before going to the museums.

8. y_baros

how is that, Cheryl? i was fascinated with the case long ago!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. y_baros

The editing in 50 Shades was definitely not the best, so it sounds like Grey has a leg up already lol You can't find the other two 50 shades books? The Casual Vacancy sounds good! I hadn't heard of it before!

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It's different. It's told from the point of view of the brother, who is seriously messed up. LOL I didn't race through it . . . it's kinda hard to read . . . but overall, I like it.

y_baros likes this.
  11. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I'm currently working on two very large books, but they're throwing off my total books read this year towards my Goodreads number. haha
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    For my "downtime" I'm reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets again (I'm re-reading them so I can be "up" on them as my DD9 is reading them) and Superfudge (with my DD9)

y_baros likes this.
  12. klee73010

I mean, from the point of view of Christian instead of Anastasia. I've read all three from Ana's point of view, the original trilogy. But "Grey" is the same as book one, just from Christian's point of view. But I am not sure if there will be book 2 and book 3 from Christian's point if view. I wish there were.

I'm not sure about Casual Vacancy. It's taken me all year, and I'm still not very far in. :/ it hasn't truly captured my interest.

Side note, three new mini books are being released from Harry Potter series... Kindle only I think, releasing 9/6. I keep meaning to pre order, but I haven't decided when I'd be able to read them, so I haven't yet.

y_baros likes this.
  13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I just finished Orphan Train by Christina Baker Cline.

y_baros and tinkerbell1112 like this.
  14. tinkerbell1112

I read they are ebook only which I don't like. My kids won't read ebooks. The pittacus lore books had enovellas released thst were later bundled into a printed book of three small stories. Maybe they'll do something like that too *fingers crossed *

klee73010 likes this.
  15. tinkerbell1112

A great read!

y_baros likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I just finished The Half Life of Molly Pierce (Katrina Leon i think was the author)- https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16068973-the-half-life-of-molly-pierce it was short enough and interesting enough to keep me going but hard to describe without giving away the plot -it's one of those books where u basically start at the end and fill in the blanks as you read to what happened and the backstory -it's YA but that is a plus to me rather than a minus;
    I'm near the end of The Summer I Learned to Fly https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9578513-the-summer-i-learned-to-fly on audio. I liked the author's previous book better. It's been good but not fantastic - i think it's meant to be for middle grade / high school tho

I picked up Colleen Hoover's Confess from the library when i took the kids the other day so thats up next - i know nothing about it but it's Colleen so should be at least 4stars ;)

y_baros likes this.
  17. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

[​IMG]

Because melodramatic space trash is how I roll. Especially if Daniel Jackson is on the cover.

I'm also a "series" junkie.

tinkerbell1112 and y_baros like this.
  18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm listening to Night Fall by Nelson DeMille (book #3 of John Corey series) and reading Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee (2nd book or companion book to To Kill a Mockingbird which I just re-read).

y_baros likes this.
  19. y_baros

@bellbird I loved Confess! You seriously can't go wrong with Colleen Hoover. Enjoy! :) I finished End of Day and have moved on to Author Anonymous by E.K. Blair while I wait to see if I can be lent the other books in the End of Day (Jack & Jill) series.

You guys are giving me lots to look up! @Karen Go Set A Watchman is on my TBR list. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my faves <3

bellbird likes this.
  20. tinkerbell1112

Loved the Stargate show. Should rewatch with my ds12 - who is showing signs of liking the same TV I do. Lol

scrappyjedi likes this.