Tablet Enabling

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Oct 22, 2017.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

So I'm seriously considering getting a tablet. I've went back and forth for a while because I didn't really see how I'd use it or if I'd use it a lot.

But in another forum some ladies were talking about what they can do with them, and now I'm intrigued.

Enable me....if you have one.
    Thanks

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

3. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

4. bestcee

I love mine! I haven't had it super long, so I'm still discovering it. I know that a few of our ladies used it in Pictionary last night: Sara and Ophelia: @Tree City and @navaja77 They might have more to offer than me so far!

I'm loving being able to actually draw on the screen. Not draw on paper, extract and add to the screen. But start out as pixels.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh gosh, I wish I could say a lot but I don't use mine nearly as often as I should. Having said that, just as Courtney mentioned, I did plug it in last night to draw my Pictionary clue, which was "Scary Movie." Someone guessed it pretty soon, so I feel justified in using my Bamboo lol! (Some people thought I was drawing a computer, even though I gave my TV a pair of rabbit ears! lol!)

Anyway, I like using it as a mouse cuz I can hold it in my lap while I sit on the couch. So basically...I'm too lazy to lean forward to use a regular mouse, and this lets me look at the screen and scroll. :) I have drawn with it a little bit (I'm assuming that's the intended purpose???), and I'm actually hoping to use it to "write" on my LOs, esp. now that I've updated to PS CC, which has some great "pressure" features in the drawing tool. One issue I have is the left- and right-click features: they don't always work well for me. I'm assuming this is user error, and I do not blame Wacom for this problem. (I hold my pen on my ring finger, not my middle finger, so the "button" on the pen sits oddly. Like I said: it's user error.)

So, if you're interested and willing to wait, I bet they'll go on sale relatively soon for the holidays. DH got mine probably in 2012 or 2013 for Christmas. Still works well! (That could be due to NOT being used regularly...) Now if you have an iPad, I know some people really love using that for drawing. They've got some great apps, I guess.

6. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I bought a small one recently because I wanted to be able to use brushes more efficiently and write the odd thing.
    See this page for an example
    [​IMG]

I got a pretty inexpensive one this time. I had two different wacom tablets years ago and didn't want to spend the money.
    I bought this one. It IS small but works perfectly and does the trick. Advantage: My desk is small and crowded and the tablet doesn't take up much space. The same for storing it. The pen needs a battery, btw.
    https://www.amazon.com/Huion-Graphics-Drawing-Signature-Shortcut/dp/B00CPJ96XQ

7. LoveItScrapIt

Which one do you have. Do you have one of their pro kinds, or just a Intuos Drawing tablet king

8. LoveItScrapIt

Thanks for sharing.

9. LoveItScrapIt

One thing....
    how do you stop yourself from looking at the pad when you draw or write??

10. Tree City

I have a Bamboo Capture. And I may be wrong. So I think I got it in 2011 or 2012. Eek, I should use it more often lol!

11. Tree City

@Rikki what program did you use to write on the LO you posted?

12. Rikki

You don't look at the tablet really. You see the cursor on the monitor and looking at the tablet doesn't even occur to you.

bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  13. Rikki

For writing I use Illustrator. Otherwise I'd never get the lines that smooth.

14. Tree City

OK, that makes sense and makes me feel good lol, cuz I can't get smooth lines in PS. I have CC now, but I do have Illustrator with my old PSCS3, on my old laptop (which I "gifted" to DH). Maybe I should try borrow that laptop to write in it. :)

Rikki likes this.
  15. bestcee

I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J3KXKAU Not a Wacom, because I didn't want to spend the money if I didn't use it.
    It came via a recommendation from DH's friend who is a graphic artist and creates amazing things digitally using Photoshop. I found that by changing the pen around it gives me smoother lines. I don't have illustrator to compare to though.

16. LoveItScrapIt

Thank you. I'll have to check it out.

17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I have the cheap Wacoms, an old bamboo for my laptop and intuos for my pc. I use them exclusively and don't even use the mouse anymore.

18. LoveItScrapIt

Cool. :D Thanks