Suggestions? Offline catch up of MOC

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Kat, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

So I am still on like day 5 or 6 or MOC and have had no time to scrap. But I will be offline for 10+ hours while we fly to the UK. What would be suggestions you might have to work offline and catch up? I won't be able to post or read threads so I was considering making PDF saves of the threads with each MOC challenge and trying to put my supplies on a small EHD???

Any other ideas? We have an overnight flight but I can't sleep on the plane. I am hoping to nap some but it will also be dark so my laptop screen could disturb others.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. iciclelady

iciclelady Active Member

You could do pocket pages in the Project Life app - just add your cards from TLP to your device and add them to the app as pictures. Then add elements in Over and text in either Over or LetterGlow.

You can also create collages (in many apps - but I like the ones in Project Life and Moldiv). Then add them to a canvas in Over and add elements/journalling there. You can shadow in Over too, which is nice.

3. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I am only familiar with the Project Life App... but that's a great idea... I wonder how I'd pull my photos in? I also love to edit them first but I might could use the Lightroom CC option. Hmmm... this is a good idea. What are these other apps? I may search for them and take a look. I have an iPad I could use on the plane for that. Would be better than my laptop.

4. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I have some catching up to do too. But I try to work on designing my pages during work breaks or waiting in the school pickup line. I have a screenshot of kits I'm more likely to use so I can note which supplies I will need to load (saves me some time of searching through all my files). And journaling challenges can be written out and typed later (or typed into my phone and emailed so I just need to copy and paste). Don't know if this helps much as I'm not offline for long periods of time. Have fun on your trip!

5. iciclelady

iciclelady Active Member

I edit my photos in a combination of A Color Story, VSCO, and PicTapGo and do basic touch-ups in Snapseed and Retouch. Then I save a copy of the edited picture in my camera roll to use in Project Life.

I *love* app scrapping. Check out these apps if you're interested in trying it out:

Over
    LetterGlow
    Supermatic
    April
    This

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I like the idea of the small ehd and using pdf or just the notepad to get each challenge's rules/guidelines

7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'd suggest you take note of the challenge requirements, and put your favourite kits and photos on the laptop ready to scrap with.
    My laptop's hard drive is big enough to have all the photos and kits on it fortunately.

oh -make sure you back everything up first!

8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm not sure if you're an iPhone user or an Android user; along with the Project Life app that was already mentioned you can use the Over app on the iPhone to do 12x12 layouts, you can even add drop shadows; or PixelLab for Android which also has the ability to add drop shadows and much more.

I did my first 9 or 10 pages for MOC last year using PixelLab; just load your kits either Dropbox or your phones camera roll (I did this, it's so much easier to see what things are vs the teeny tiny pic in DB). My Note4 has the pen so it was SUPER easy to move things around and layer.

Project Life allows you to import photos from your camera roll, Dropbox or Google Photos; you can do limited editing in the app or use a third party app to edit.

9. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t worry about the lap top light heaps of people are watching movies or using their laptops.

Honestly today I would get some papers and some photos onto an external drive if they aren’t already on your laptop. Then I’d do a word document with the requirements of each challenge.

And don’t forget to download the templates for the template challenges

If you get your LOS done you can upload them once you have wifi again and link your products to the shop at that point.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I wouldn't worry about your laptop light, if it's dark, you can always dim the screen.

I would totally take either a PDF, or a screenshot of each challenge. Even if you realize you don't have the kit or photo you want, you can always get the journaling done, and the shapes laid out. Plus, maybe you challenge yourself to use only 4 or 5 kits for those challenges and just go with what you have.

11. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the PixelLab suggestion! I already use the PL App on my Android devices, but this is the first mention I've heard of an app for doing more traditional pages on an Android. Off to check it out!