Storyteller or MPM?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by littlekiwi, Dec 28, 2017.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Can only get one subscription at the moment, have had both previously and have liked them both. Which would you choose?

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

That is a difficult choice. Maybe look back through the ones you have and work out which one of the two subscriptions you made the most use of.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

The answer to that honestly neither only cause I mix and match so much when I do scrap it’s hard to tell. I did subscribe to Storyteller for longer but am equally torn especially seeing the kits for January.

4. lealawson

lealawson Well-Known Member

I think it really depends on your style! I just signed up for MPM again after taking a creative break for a couple years (there is a lot to that story. I will just leave it at that for now.) because it just fits my minimal & more muted style better than Storyteller does! I will supplement MPM with other more simple/minimal new release items throughout the month!

sahlink likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome back!

lealawson likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hmmm....I would say do you like to layer lots on your pages? Go with Storyteller. If you prefer a more minimalist look - go with MPM.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  7. lealawson

lealawson Well-Known Member

Thank you!!

8. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I have just switched to Storytellers after 2 years of MPM.

I downloaded the January collection and my first reaction is it's HUGE. I looove that it comes with patterned papers. That was my biggest pet peeve about MPM. I always had to buy a paper pack on top of my subscription. So it's cheaper for me to subscribe to Storyteller then MPM.

Another reaction is that it's full of colour and whimsy. I am a minimalistic scrapper when I do my PL pages, so I wonder how that will work.
    But I have tagged a lot of my "neutral PL stuff" (which are mostly from MPM and Paislee Press, tbh) so I will mix that into my pages.

Conclusion: I don't know. But it was time for something new. Which is the biggest reason why I switched.

Angela Toucan and bestcee like this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

10. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am a minimalist scrapper usually and find that Storyteller works well for that, too. Jaimee includes SO MUCH STUFF in each release that there is really something for everyone. I worked with the January Storyteller already and I love it immensely.

I am probably going to order MPM this month as well. I have never subscribed before, but the colors this month are fantastic! I am also excited to see the designers who returned this year and love that @sabrinavc joined them, too.

11. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I just chose today - went with the minimalist look myself. I loved them both, but like you could only do one. This is my first subscription. I'm looking for FAST pages, so figured for me this year it was simple and more pocket style. MPM was my choice :) It was definitely 2 different styles between the 2. so which is more you?

Angela Toucan and bestcee like this.
  12. shastahun

shastahun Active Member

I went with Storytellers VIP. I figured it was worth it because of all the stuff included, along with the RTU templates which makes my life SUPER easy for me.

13. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

This! Those RTG templates are saving my life (where PL is concerned) right now! I'm behind on a few years of PL and want to catch up this year, so I'm using the Ready To Go templates to stay caught up on 2018 (they make putting pages together super fast) and then using a combination of MPM and Storyteller to finish catching up past years.

I honestly love both MPM and Storyteller. I do find that I can scrap a whole month's worth of PL pages, plus some regular layouts, without having to get anything else using Storyteller (this is with a VIP sub, not just the basic Storyteller sub). I usually can only do one, *maybe* 2 weeks of PL with an MPM kit before I need to dive into some add-ons. But you get a mix of designers with MPM, and some great diversity of ideas for cards, etc.

A lot of that just has to do with my scrapping style. I tend to layer a teensy bit more than some other pocket scrappers, so I need extras more quickly because of that. I have seen so many GREAT scrappers with a more minimalist style get many, many layouts out of an MPM kit. It just depends on how you like to work!

14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

If you get StoryTeller get the VIP option.
    I personally love the Ready to go templates and get them every week for SOSN.
    Being on the other side of the world (as you are) the seasons don't match up - decide if that matters to you re StoryTeller or not.
    MPM and StoryTeller are totally different styles and you can sign up for 2 months minimum MPM and 3 months (I think) Storyteller so it's not a year long commitment either way.
    I feel you though as I would get both too if finances were not an issue.