Still A Newbie Here Since October...Back After 2 Month Hiatus Serious Health Scare...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by RJMJ, Dec 31, 2016.

1. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hello There Everyone...Happy Holidays & Happy New Year Too!

I Just Started Posting Layouts Here On Oct.4th & Posted My Last One On Oct.18th...I had Planned On Participating In Many More Challenges But My Life Was Literally Sidelined!

Actually The Next Day After My Last Layout Post I Was At Home & I Remember That I Wasn't Feeling Well...I Had A Sore Throat & My Breathing Wasn't Good...It Was Around Supper Time & My Boyfriend Came Home Early & Was Starting To Make Supper & I Thought A Hot Shower Might Make Me Feel Better,So I Started Walking Towards The Bathroom & All I Remember Is Looking Down & Seeing My Toes Touch The Beginning Of The Bathroom Floor & Blam!...Everything Changed In A Quick Minute!...I Woke Up On The Bathroom Floor Face Down & I Couldn't Move Or Feel Anything...I Actually Thought I Had A Heart Attack Or Stroke & I Was Paralyzed...My Boyfriend Heard A Thud & Came Running...Pot Went Flying...Potatoes Went Flying & Landed On The Floor...He Tried To Wake Me Up & Tried To Get Me To Stand Up But I Remember Trying To Reach For The Toilet & Once Again Passed Out...I Awoke Again & He Managed To Turn Me Over Somehow & All I Remember Is That I Couldn't Breathe & I Was Screaming Out "Help Me! Help Me! I Can't Breathe" & I Was Gasping For Air...He Ran & Called 911 & Luckily For Me,As It Turned Out,They Were Just Finishing Another Call & Were Just Around The Corner...This Actually Ended Up Saving My Life...The EMT's Told My Boyfriend That If They Hadn't Gotten There When They Did I Would Have Died Probably Within 15 Or So Minutes.

They Continued To Work On Me & Were Trying To Get Me To Talk But All I Could Do Was Gasp For Air...I Don't Remember Much After That Except Going In & Out While They Revived Me Several Times & Put A Breathing Mask On Me & Chest Compressions...I Was Lucky They Didn't Break Or Crack Any Of My Ribs...I Only Remember The Cold Breeze Hitting My Face Outside After They Put Me On The Stretcher & Brought Me Down 3 Flights Of Stairs(No Elevators In Our Apartment Building)...And Then I Passed Out Again...I Never Woke Up Again Until After Arriving At The Hospital Quite Awhile Later...I Could Hear Everything But I Couldn't Move...It Turned Out I Had Clots In My Right Leg That Burst & Went to My Lungs Causing A Pulmonary Embolism(Sorry If The Spelling is Wrong)...They Had To Restart My Heart 2 Times...I Actually Stopped Breathing & Technically Died Twice On The Table...My Dad & My Boyfriend Thought I Was Dead But They Tried An Emergency Procedure That Took Over 3 Hours To Break Down The Clots(TPH I Think...)...This Saved My Life...

I Remember Waking Up With One Eye Swollen Shut & Only Able To See Out Of One Eye A Little Bit & Calling Out To My Boyfriend & My Dad Who Were Both Standing There...I Asked Where I Was & What Happened...They Told Me I Was In The Hospital & I Was Gonna Be O.K. Now...I Passed Out Again & Then My Recovery Began...

The Fall That I Took On The Bathroom Floor Turned Me Completely Purple From The Top Of My Hairline Down To My Legs!...I Was Swollen Up Like A "Pillsbury Dough Girl" Because Of The Blood Thinners That They Had Me On & Looked Like A "Purple People Eater"...This Is Just My Sarcastic Sense Of Humor Kicking In!...I Hit The Door Handle & Sink On The Way Down To The Floor When I Fell On The Bathroom Floor...It Turns Out I Was On Estrogel That I Rubbed On My Right Leg For Many Years & That's What Caused The Clots & What Happened To Me...Estrogel?...I Had No Idea About The Health Risks That Almost Killed Me!...I Was In The Hospital For 3 Weeks Before I Went Home...

Everyday I Got My Dad & Boyfriend To Describe How Purple My Face Was & How Swollen Because I Couldn't Look At It...All I Could Do Was Feel It & Touch It...I Wouldn't Have Been Able To Handle Seeing This At The Time...Both Of My Eyes Were Swollen Shut For 4 Days At One Point & I Was Scared I Would Be Blind But It Was Temporary...I Couldn't See My Actual Toes Because My Feet Were So Swollen...At Least 3-4 Times The Normal Size...I Told Them No Pictures At All...I Don't Want To See This Ever...I Also Had A Really Bad Infection In My Left Leg...I Call It My Bad Leg...It Was Severely Infected & The Swelling Wouldn't Go Down,So They Had To Drain It Put These Things In There Surgically To Do So...It Was Very Painful...Walking Was Difficult But After This I Wasn't Allowed To Walk For 4 Hours...Thank Goodness For Good Painkillers!...I Wouldn't Have Been Able To Manage Without These At The Time But I Am Home Now & I Spent Christmas With My Family...I Was So Glad To Get Back Home...I Was Going Crazy In The Hospital...But Now My Leg Infection Had Completely Healed(Still A Large Bump There,Though & MayBe Permenant)...& The Swelling In My Feet Has Completely Gone...The Swelling In My Body Is Now Gone Too & In My Face As Well...All The Purple Is Gone From My Face But I Have Scars & Bumps On My Face & Really Black Under Eye Circles...I Don't Know If These Will Ever Go Away But I Was Really Lucky To Have Survived!...So Please If Any Of You Reading This Are On Estrogen Or Estrogel & Especially Are Over 40 & Have Been On This For An Extended Period Of Time...Please Check With Your Doctor if You Aren't Breathing Well Or Don't Feel Well Or See Your Body Swelling Up For No Reason...It Could Be Blood Clots...I Am Off The Estrogel For Good & I Am On Extremely Expensive Blood Thinners...I Don't Know How Long I Will Be On Them But They Saved My Life!...I Am Very Grateful For My Boyfriend Getting Home Early That Fateful Day I Fell & The EMT's Being Just Around The Corner At The Time Of My Fall...These 2 Things Saved My Life...

I Wanted So Much To Buy A Whole Bunch of Digital Stuff From The Lilypad Store But Financially I Can't Afford This...I Loved The New Christmas DYD Merry & Bright...So Many Beauties!...I Wanted To Buy Them At The Original Best Price But Couldn't...I Can't Afford This Now & I Didn't Look At The Forum Challenges For December...Figured I Wouldn't Be Equipped To Do Any Of The Challenges There,Since I Can't Afford To Buy Anything...But I Already Owned The "Santa Claus Is Coming" Bundle By Little Butterfly Wings,So At The Last Minute I Did A Layout To Enter Her Contest For December!...I Followed The New Releases Through My E-mail When I Got Home...Too Many Lovelies To List Here!...I Can't Promise When My Next Layout Will Be But Know I Love The Lilypad & All The Designers Here!...

Just A Little Thank You Note To All Who Looked At My Previous Layouts In The Gallery & Made Positive Comments!...I Really Appreciated This!...

Thank You To All Who Managed To Get Through Reading My Rather Lengthy Health Scare Story Above...Happy Belated Holidays To Everyone & A Happy & Healthy 2017 To All!...

2. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

WOW! I'm so glad you are better! That was plenty scary! Welcome back.

3. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

so glad that you are better and back. what an ordeal.

4. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Wow, how scary. What an ordeal. So glad you are back.

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I read it all, kept reminding myself you were writing it and so still alive. You rejoice to be alive and we will just love you up.

jenn33199 likes this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh my! I'm so glad that you're at home and on the mend. Scrapping is a nice, low-impact hobby so I hope you get some done with the supplies you have. Here's hoping that you recover fully!

7. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Welcome back... here's hoping your 2017 is blessed with good health and lots and lots of scrappin! ;)

8. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I never used this or heard of it, but thank you so much for the warning! And so Happy you are okay now!

If you want to build your supplies for the MOC you can always go and see if a designer has a blog. Sometimes they have free kits there.

If you complete the MOC which starts tomorrow all the way through the end of the month you get a $20 gift card to the store![/

9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

My heart sank a little reading this. I am so glad you were not home alone when this happened and your husband knew what to do. What an ordeal. I know all too much about this condition ... this runs in our family. My mom suffered a huge saddle PE about 2 years ago - she's a nurse so she knew the signs and symptoms and went to her Dr. They immediately took her to the hospital and told her she was very very lucky to be alive. She was home on bedrest for 6 weeks due to complications and she will never be the same. My uncle had 3 PEs and my grandmother suffered from clotting in the leg as well, but never had a PE. I just went to Urgent Care last Thursday for the first time for a venous scan bc I was convinced I had a leg clot. Turns out I did, but thankfully it was superficial not deep (DVT) - but because of the family history I was put on meds (mine is pricey too!). I have a work up with a hematologist mid Jan.

super big hugs to you ... and so glad to have you back!

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Wow, that is scary. Happy to hear you came out the other side of this. Thank god you were able to get medical care so quickly. Hope 2017 is a much healthier year for you and you will be scrapping along with us during the MOC which starts tomorrow. Welcome back.

11. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Sorry to hear about your health scare. Welcome back to The Pad. Hope 2017 will be a year of good health for you. :)

12. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Wow, that is so scary! So glad that you came out of this ok!!

13. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Welcome back and goodness, what a traumatic thing to have gone through and thankfully survived!! So glad you are back with us! :)

14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Wow!! That is so scary! Glad to have you back here and hoping the new year will bring good health and lots of scrapping :)

15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

So sorry you had to pass through all that. Enjoy being home and scrapping. There are some free products in the store from different designers,including 3 alphas,and since they are in the store,that makes them ok to use in MOC. Plus the designers have free stuff on their blogs too.
    Looking forward to seeing your pages.

16. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Holy moly... and welcome! Glad you are able to join us and that you are feeling better!

17. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

That was scary just reading about your ordeal, I just can't imagine how it was for you. You were so lucky that your BF was at home AND that the EMT's were so close to you too. I am so glad that you have survived it all. I hope that you manage to get back some financial stability soon (that sucks so much too, I know).

18. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

19. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

Wow that is so scary!
    Welcome back to digi scrapping :)

20. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

What an ordeal! So nice to see you here.