Spaghetti Noodles |Pad Patter 3.21.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Mar 21, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm hungry. So, food is the subject :giggle
    If my son had things his way, we would have pasta every single day. Probably for lunch and dinner!
    Me: I prefer to have noodles with a Parmesan cream sauce. Not an Alfredo, just a little fresh parm and a little cream.
    My Son: Buttered with lots of cheese. The Kraft green bottle Parmesan.
    My Husband: Red Sauce with Meatballs. Lately, Surprise meatballs - baked, and stuffed with a cube of mozzarella inside.

How about you? Are you a pasta lover? Hater? Or does it hate you? White or Wheat noodles?
    Is there a good gluten free noodle substitute?

Is that too many questions? :whistle

2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I. miss. pasta. I LOVE a good vodka sauce!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Hubby prefers red sauce over any of the white sauces; my oldest daughter will eat it all, while the middle prefers white sauce and the youngest doesn't like pasta at all...none of it!

bestcee likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am off pasta now, believe it or not I have substituted it with cauliflower. And my Cauli 'n cheese with bacon is pretty fabulous.

Karen and mcurtt like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I usually don't eat it. I will make it occasionally for my family! We don't do it often, as one son and hubby will go crazy and overeat so much! If I do, its usually a light red cream sauce with Asparagus and Shrimp. I do love a yummy Vodka Sauce.

My son tends to eat it if we go out, the kids pasta meal with butter or marinara on the side. He will make his own Ramen Noodles occasionally, but we watch how much of that packet he uses - it's TOO much sodium and not very healthy at all. He has to balance it out with fruit or veggies. I've made Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup too.... that was a hit. It combines his love of the Ramen Noodle and his love of Chicken Soup. My other son isn't really a pasta eater, I guess like me.

5. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I am for any type of Italian food and pasta is way up there on the list!!! I love it with red sauce and meatballs. Hmmm, I think you all helped me decide what is for dinner tonight!!!

bestcee likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Omgosh, pasta is my major weakness. I could eat it at every meal, with any kind of sauce or cheese. I make a mean homemade Alfredo sauce! Sometimes I just cook spaghetti noodles in chicken broth and sprinkle with lemon pepper for a snack. I prefer white sauces to red ones, but I do love just macaroni and stewed tomatoes, too :)

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

We used to LOVE pasta, but with grain-free eating it is a no-no. Now we spiralize zucchini or chop up cabbage into ribbons and top it with sauce. Sometimes DH will sauté shrimp and add it to his.

bestcee likes this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I fix spaghetti fairly regularly. My China girl loves her pasta. She makes her own Alfredo sauce with double the cream cheese, because, yeah. And I make Singapore Mei Fun for her - a curry noodle with pork, shrimp, chicken, veggies Asian dish. And since her name is Mei, yeah, you got it, what's not to love? Somewhere there is a scrapbook page about Singapore Mei Fun.

bestcee likes this.
  9. BevG

And Ramen, @jk703 - she makes Ramen egg drop soup. While those noodles are cooking (boiling), stir like crazy while you drop in a beaten raw egg.

jk703 likes this.
  10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

oooo.... I must try this - I think my kids would LOVE it! I will google to see in action though... cause I think I would make it correctly/better after watching!

11. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I use to do that. Through some inexpensive protein in it. And it's so easy.

I prefer red sauce. My youngest used to eat it just like your son @bestcee He was still doing it when he left home so who knows? But it makes for a fairly inexpensive snack. I'm decreasing carbs so I may try the spiralized veggies. The cauliflower works for me on some things maybe you can send your recipe @Eyeore ?

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I've seen cauliflower rice, but not pasta. Do you use it like penne type noodles?

recipe....recipe....recipe....
    I haven't found a good red cream sauce, although those are my favorite!

OH! I'm going to share that with DH! He loves to make ramen, and cook an egg on the side to eat with it. I'll point out he should combine the two!

jk703 likes this.
  13. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I am a pasta lover! I could eat it every meal. As a matter of fact I am cooking manicotti for supper right now.

BevG, bestcee and bellbird like this.
  14. BevG

Ramen egg drop soup - Beat one egg until well mixed. When the noodles are basically done, but still boiling, add the season packet. To the still boiling mixture, add the beaten egg by pouring slowly into the pot, stirring to keep the egg from forming clumps. You can also a few drops of sesame oil for added taste.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    bestcee and jk703 like this.
  15. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Add pesto to the above; I make and eat it all except the vodka which I will have to try. Hmm, maybe pasta would be good for dinner.

16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We eat all kinds of gluten-free pasta as long as it is at least half corn. The all rice kinds tend to get mushy on us. Heartland at Walmart is our usual go-to. We hardly ever have white sauces -- mostly red sauces and/or cheese and/or pesto.

Noodles are one of the only things my son will eat every time it is offered so we have spaghetti once every other week or so.

I am determined to try zoodles this summer, though, once our veggie garden comes in.

bestcee likes this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

yes this! we do about 1/2 normal spaghetti quantity with 2- 3 zucchini's worth of noodles now -mostly red sauce with minced beef or meatballs, although DD is always asking for white (read: cheese and cream addict)

we actually had pasta twice already this week so i'm abit over it and it wont be on the menu now for about a fortnight at least but DH made normal spaghetti last night while i was out and we had shell pasta in chicken and veg soup also this week (2 out of the 4 were sick with sore throats so it's like chicken noodle ;) )

18. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Our family loves pasta. We have some form of pasta almost every other night. Fettucine is our go to long pasta, and we always have macaroni, shells and spirals in the cupboard for Mac n Cheese and other bits and pieces.
    Our favourite sauces are bolognese, chicken carbonara and chicken alfredo, and Melody is quite partial to the "cheesy bit" (bechamel) in lasagne!
    Tomorrow I am going to making Chicken Alfredo Lasagne! The family can't wait!!

We really do need to cut back on pasta, or at least get some gluten free ones for some of the pasta meals. I think it would do us all some good, lol!

19. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I am not a big pasta person. When I do eat it, I just want butter & parmesan. Hubby & 6yr old often share a huge bowl of pasta (rotini) with basic marinara.

20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@bestcee, yes, I steam it and then use it with the bacon bits and cheese sauce - just like penne would be used.