So many emotions

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by enjoyyourpix, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh. There is nothing like a project you "HAVE" to get done to suck all creative energy out of you. I've totally been there and it's not fun at all, but in my experience it will pass once you have the freedom to create what you want to do again. I hope that you get your project done fast and can get back to enjoying your creative time again soon. You are definitely always welcome here though, so don't even feel that you don't fit here! You do! You are definitely a part of the family here so pop in and jump in anytime! :heartslub

2. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Thank you thank you thank you ladies!! I'm feeling lost and overwhelmed for sure right now! The end is in sight and I really want to reply specifically to the love and support you've all given me in these comments. The slideshow is 19 minutes long so far and I'm shooting for 30 so I'm almost there!! <3. The program is drafted and getting reviewed by head coach so that's out of my hands until I get edits. I have some cheer books to wrap but I'm doing that when I have to get up and take breaks. Not worried about that ... it's easy!! <3 That will probably be what I'm doing on Thursday!!! The end of the slideshow is the worst. It's the most emotional song and it's all the seniors with their baby pictures. I start crying every time I work on it. It's too emotionally taxing having a senior too.

Love you all!!! I'm almost there!!!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Kimberly, have you read your signature lately? You do have the answer!

I truly do understand. My son's wedding this week was beginning to feel like a 'job' to me not the joyful occasion it is. I needed my own attitude adjustment but first I had to fuss and pout for a while. I'm almost there too!

jenn mccabe and enjoyyourpix like this.
  4. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hugs for you. You are amazing!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  5. enjoyyourpix

I may or may not have shed a little tear there. Isn't always that we often have the answers deep inside but need to say the question or articulate our struggle so our friends around us can remind us?? Thank you!!!

Good luck with the wedding!!! This is *just* high school ... so totally not ready for *that* milestone!!!

6. enjoyyourpix

Thank you ladies for all your words of wisdom and encouragement.

This is why I love the Pad so much. Sometimes you just need to lurk. And that's okay. I did that a lot these past couple months!!!

Yes!! I *think* ForeverJoy has a new kit coming out this week so I'm stretching my scrap fingers getting ready!!

Thank you! When I copied the slideshow to the thumb drive, all I saw were places where I should have switched photos to match the music better and that the one song didn't fade *just right* ... but in the end, people came up to me and said it was lovely. So that was super nice. I was worried that people wouldn't like it because the person that had done it for 4 years before me put so much time in making videos and really a production. I skipped the videos and "entertainment" and just stuck with lots of photos put together with love!!

Serena, you are amazing!! I'm going to come to you next time I need a pep talk! A few years ago I found myself in a lot of therapy (another long story) but this post and your comments was exactly what I needed to reframe my thinking. It was spot on and exactly what I knew deep inside but needed to be told once more. Sincerely, THANK YOU!!!!

OMG I do the same thing. Usually, that's also when my email gets emptied out!!!

:beat:heartlub

How are you doing? Thinking about you too!! :heartlub

:beat:heartlub
    Cheryl!!!! I.freaking.love.you. Seriously!!!! :heartslub

Thank you!:beat

So true!! We are the hardest on ourselves.

Thank you! AND YES!!!

:beat

:beat

Such important advice!! Thank you for sharing that with me!!

Thank you!! :heartlub

So grateful to be done!!!!!

Once again!! :yourock. The Lilypad community is the best!!!!!!!!!

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yay ... was thinking about you these last few days! Enjoy "just scrapping" ... hopefully you have a calm weekend ahead?

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

This thread is a tremendous source of advice for when I feel the same.

You definitely need to give yourself a pat on the back for 300 PAGES DONE! That's an amazing accomplishment! I know what it's like to organize YEARS worth of photos for one project, or put if off because it's so daunting, & can't imagine how beautiful it is & how accomplished you feel! Let that inspire you. Breathe. You've poured your heart in these & it's worth it in the end & now you can go back to FUN!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  9. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

WOW! Not only are the ladies here witty and funny, but you are full of more wisdom than I have seen in a lifetime!!! I am truly taking a lot of that wisdom into my own life!!!
    Kimberly, dear one!! I am older now (77) but I went through the Senior year, cheerleader path just like you. Unless you have been there, no one can understand that walk!! Its emotional enough just having a Senior, but throw in cheerleading, and in my case, dance team on top of it, its a bummer seeing it all come to an end. My dd cheered for 4 years, captain for the last two. She cheered both football and basketball and one of her dearest friends on the basketball team went on to the NBA so every time I saw him play, all the emotions would come back again!
    I really believe (after digi scrapping for 9 years now) that the moment we take on a task that we HAVE to do, something happens inside us. The joy just seems to sap out of us. I am working on a 50th wedding anniversary album for a friend of mine and I can't wait to get it done! There is just no joy there because I know I HAVE to do it!!! I wonder why that is? In fact that is why, a year ago, I walked away from my 5 CT positions. Knowing i HAD to do this just wasn't fun for me anymore. I will take a guest position now and then just because I really do love CTing but knowing it will come to an end soon really helps----if that makes sense.
    So, hang in there!!! I know you can do this! You have to best, strongest, most loving support group you could ever have, right here at the Lily Pad! HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  10. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I give out free hugs and a listening ear. My door is always open. ... unless it's closed... :giggle

But seriously, grats on getting it done! You are AWESOME for that! :):stash

enjoyyourpix likes this.