Sharing with family....

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by ElizabethW, Apr 14, 2018.

1. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

So, I never print as often as I should. And at any given time, I'm working on about a half dozen different phonebooks, whether for my kids or a particular trip. My dad has complained about not seeing my pages as frequently now that I've switched to digital. Do any of you post your pages online somewhere for your family and close friends to see? My family members are all on Facebook, but I definitely want to keep my pages private...what is the best way to go about this? A private group? A separate account?

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

My family has a private FB group for us to share information. That would be a good place to post them and share family news too.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    ElizabethW likes this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I post mine on my fb- but because I am on creative teams, I make that album public. You could make a private album on flickr (for free!)- the only people who can view is are those with the link?

bestcee likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I post my layouts on Facebook. My family members can see my layouts there as my privacy is set to friends only, unless there is a particular post I want to be shared publicly or with another group of people. We have a group for family reunions and share photos in there as well, but I've found just sharing them on my Facebook timeline is enough.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have lists set up in Facebook so that I can pick and choose who I share things with. Most of the time, I share with all my friends, but I also have lists for just family, co-workers, scrappy friends, etc, so I can share with any one of those specific lists.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I agree with having a private flickr album (you can have them set up with passwords, right? I haven't been on in so long that I forget!). That way, you could arrange them in any order you like, which would be nice.

Are you on Instagram? You could start a separate account and make it private; it might be nice because your family can like/comment on pages, but all of the pages are separate from your main "personal life" account (if you have one).

And can I just say how cool it is that your dad wants to see your pages?! That's just so sweet!

londoncuppa likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I like Flickr for that purpose. I like that I can use albums, and set the privacy differently depending on who I want to view it. I don't care for Facebook and I like that I can share without the other person having to be on Facebook. My mom follows my Flickr, so she gets notified when I upload new pages.

londoncuppa likes this.
  8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Facebook allows your to list/categorise your "friends". Click on the friend button on their profile and there will be the opportunity to add to a list. You can add all your family members to a Family List (I think that's one of the default ready made ones that you can use). Alternatively click on the list once you've made/found it and add family members to it. Then when you create your Facebook Album set the privacy settings of that album to Family only. Make sure you don't tag anyone on those "photos" or the album or it will add all their friends to the privacy settings.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I really don't have a way to share my pages with my family either and I haven't even thought about it much because sadly, nobody ever asks to see my pages. Nobody really looks at my books either... but I really make them for me anyway, so I'm good with that. I know someday they will be appreciated! :)

I think it's awesome that your Dad wants to see your pages! :)

londoncuppa likes this.
  10. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I post (most of) my layouts to Facebook into albums that are set to Family, Close Friends, & Scrap. I post (most of) my photos to Facebook into albums that are set to Friends except Acquaintances.

11. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I post mine to a private Pinterest board if they have identifiable info. I sent out invites to members of my family that I thought would want to see my layouts.

If they’re generic layouts (anything that doesn’t have my children’s faces, etc), I have a public board for those. (Yes, I realize that it’s silly that I post all of it here, but you guys ARE my family too!)

bestcee likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

If your family would like to download and print some of the layouts, then I'd recommend NOT using FACEBOOK. FB dumbs down the photos and they aren't good enough quality to print when downloaded from FB.

13. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I just share on Facebook in an album and set privacy to friends. Some pages I will set to public if it's nothing too personal or dear to me. Once it is on the internet, there is truly no way of going back... no matter what privacy setting you use.