SEPTEMBER 2016 Project Pages

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by cookingmylife, Sep 20, 2016.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

To quote @bestcee "Share them here! Whether you are doing daily, weekly, monthly, or something else - let's cheer each other through the last third of the year!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Look at you, Maureen!! You are on top of it! Clearly, the rest of us are lagging behind!! LOL :giggle

3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I know! Maureen is totally on top of things! I, on the other hand, am about a month behind, with no signs of catching up any time soon. All motivation is gone.... and because of that, I'm spending too much time thinking about what I would like to do differently next year vs. actually powering through this year.

RebeccaH likes this.
  4. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I'm sorta behind, I'm mostly keeping on top of plugging pictures and words into templates and completing them later (out of order). Something is better than nothing.

5. cookingmylife

LOL I am retired with no grandchildren or adult children closer than 2.5+ hours. That's the good news and the bad but caught up is easy enough to do when you get to my stage in life. Not in yours, I know! btdt...

Though...my husband does consulting from home so I kinda like have a child underfoot at times!

tkradtke and RebeccaH like this.
  6. RebeccaH

@tkradtke Me too... I find myself all the time thinking of how I would like to change things up again with style / look / approach / everything. I think the thing that helps me w/ that is doing the project by quarters... I only really have to stick w/ the same style etc for 3 months at a time. I tend to get bored easily, so this is a constant problem for me.

Also, I see other people's pocket pages and they look magazine-worthy, and I try to assess what I can do differently to make mine more like I would LIKE them to be. Still, even with all the contemplation, they seem to always sort of just turn out the same. *sigh*

7. tkradtke

@RebeccaH This time I'm not quite so much bored, as I am just not liking my plan for 2016. I had this grand plan to do just one two page spread per week this year and scrap extra pictures separately to be included in my PL book. My first third book went really well.... but there weren't many events to scrap. The middle third book has entirely too many extra events to scrap. I've done some, and but not others (and those others, I don't even want to mess with anymore). I should be sending that book to print about now, but instead I feel further and further behind on it. I just can't find that happy medium with keeping PL concise and getting event photos scrapped. I probably need to simplify those event pages instead of "over scrapping" them.

And I hear you on your last point! I am TOTALLY in love with the super simple, Paislee Press-ish, pocket pages but I can't for the life of me make it happen. I just can't stop adding stuff... and my pages, inevitably, end up looking basically like they always have!

8. RebeccaH

@tkradtke I seem to have that problem too when it comes to events... for me, it even gets down to anything that I have taken more than 10 photos of. LOL! I seem to have a hard time working up the motivation to do it all - choose photos, edit them, arrange them, embellish them - it all sounds so involved! LOL! I say there's nothing wrong w/ dropping a bunch of 4x6s or 3x4s on a page w/ no fancies and calling it done on those things that seem to linger.

9. cookingmylife

I love these too but if you look really closely at a lot of them, they're maybe 3 same-time photos (subtle gorgeous photos) with a lot of white cards and bought simple elegant stuff. With most families, that's a very nice 12" page but really, and I don't mean this unkindly, it's often a showcase for product. It's a very artistic way of doing PL but if you want to capture what the day to day stuff is, it won't look like that. Well, it doesn't for me! but that's ok. @NancyBeck got me here with her PL pages which are clean but do tell a lot of events in those two pages.

Be easy on yourself. What you do is great memory keeping!!

Mrivas likes this.
  10. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I think you would have found your way here regardless Maureen, but it was a real boon for us. Your PL pages are pure inspirational eye candy!

11. tkradtke

@cookingmylife You are so right about those pages. They really start from the photos. And although I think those pages and photos are gorgeous, they're really not how I want to document my life. I have a cluttered, I want it all, philosophy when it comes to project life. I want real life, I want to actually document (all the) things, and I have a hard time leaving things out. This isn't a knock on those pages, it's just a statement on where I am with this project. Maybe when the kids are out of the house, my PL may look different and more cohesive... or it may go the opposite way and be more disjointed than ever! :giggle I just need to power through and get caught back up again... that'll help with my attitude. But I still need a better plan for "events" for next year.

Mrivas likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Here's my messy Week 35!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mrivas and RebeccaH like this.
  13. RebeccaH

I've actually managed to do a few pages from September!! Flippin' miracle! :giggle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mrivas likes this.
  14. cookingmylife

We had a farewell party to go to at noon today but I was determined to get most of these two pages done in the a.m. Some man was rushing me!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mrivas and RebeccaH like this.
  15. Mrivas

My pages are usually a mumble jumble of all the happenings and unless it's an event like this then it's all just thrown in together. I don;t think my pages are simple, I like to use lots of ellies. It's just my style. I do love the really simple look but just can't do it on my own pages.

[​IMG]

Ga_L, FILIPPOK and RebeccaH like this.
  16. Mrivas

Another event spread:
    2016 Week 37-3 web.jpg

Ga_L and FILIPPOK like this.
  17. sucali

sucali sucali

I love to watch this thread! Beautiful pages!
    [​IMG]

Mrivas likes this.
  18. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

19. Mrivas

I feel like I'm on a roll completing some of my unfinished pages! Another spread:
    [​IMG]

20. RebeccaH

Wow @Mrivas! You ARE on a roll! I love days like that when I can just sit down and get in a groove! Great job~ every single one of these is fabulous!

Mrivas likes this.