Searching by color?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by sbpoet, Feb 14, 2017.

1. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

I'm on a Mac, and I have Photoshop CC. Is it possible to search my computer files by color? This would be so helpful!

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I do a search for color in my lilypad folder and a whole lot comes up...and then I go thru and open up the file location, and can usually find what I am searching for...sometimes?

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

There was a cool search in PSE organizer that let you pull my color. I don't know if Photoshop does it? I can search on my computer, and if the designer labeled it with the color, find it.

4. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Yes, I can search with text, but then it pulls up only those files that the designer labeled with the color. I'm hoping there might be a way to search by color that would pull up everything, labeled or not. Picasa used to do this, but Picasa is gone.

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I' not much help here but I learned something - wish i had even thought to search by keyword before thru my files, tht'd have saved a lot of manual searching!!

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I checked last night, but neither Photoshop nor Lightroom will do it. I don't know why PSE Organizer does it? It would be cool to have, but I wonder if PSE Organizer is recognizing color labels like LR would do?

Hmmm....

7. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Google Photos searches by color. Not that you want a new project of uploading your stuff to one more place :) But maybe you could just upload previews?