Scrapping on my TV

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by chickypow, Apr 3, 2017.

1. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

AAAHHHHH!!! I splurged in September and bought a crazy fancy, fast gaming laptop. I don't game but I wanted the dedicated graphics card and the speed / refresh rate.

So my boy managed to accidentally hit the screen with a water bottle. Flipped the screen all the way pack and now the screen won't work. So at the moment, until I can get it fixed, I have it hooked up to my 49" TV.

Crazy making! Everything is huge and yet too small to read cause I'm not close enough. Just thought 20170326_183002.jpg I'd share. It makes me laugh and go grrrr at the same time!

2. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Uhm, WOW!!! I have apple tv, I might be able to do this!!! LOL LOL LOL

3. chickypow

haha! I just have it hooked up with an HDMI cord. My pages look so weird when I'm working on them. They are HUGE!!!

KatrinaHunt13 and bestcee like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I did this once! I only lasted for about 15 min. Then I went to Costco and bought a $100 tv to use instead. I couldn't handle the huge size! I love your ingenuity!

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Lots of those laughing/grrrr-ing moments with kids, huh! That is one big scrapping screen!! I used a 24" tv as my second display for a long time because they were cheaper than a 24" monitor. But now I think I need to hook up to the big tv just see what it's like to try to scrap on it hahaha. I've displayed my pages there, but never actually tried to scrap :P

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  6. chickypow

Do it!!! Just to feel my pain! hahaha

You guys are brilliant re: getting a smaller TV. It's stupid expensive to fix my laptop so I think that would be a way more cost effective alternative till I can make my screen a priority.

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh no for your screen, but at the same time, that TV is like scrapping screen for giants! Best Buy had monitors on sale a couple weeks ago, but yeah, maybe just a smaller TV. Sorry about your screen, though!

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

A scrappers gotta do what a scrappers gotta do... right?! :giggle

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Been there, done that and it SUCKS! Erin I hope you can get a new one soon. Congrats on the fast machine!

10. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Oh man... kids, amiright? I'm totally impressed with your ingenuity, I don't know that I would have thought of that. I guess I might though if things were desperate. Scrappers gotta scrap! I hope you can get things fixed soon!

11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I tried that once..laptop to 40" screen..as it seemed like a great idea. Nope. Just as you said, big images but still unreadable text from my seat. Then if you got right up to it, it's like sitting in the front row of a movie and thinking your eyeballs are going to explode!

jk703 likes this.
  12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My hubby has done that before for work. I don't think I could handle it being that big. LOL!

13. chickypow

haha!!! PERFECT description!!!!

bestcee likes this.
  14. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I tried that once. Bought a huge tv to use as a 3rd monitor. Nope! The resolution stunk, and it was just too big. I had to keep turning my head to look at everything because items were too spaced out. Needless to say, my oldest daughter was very grateful for the new tv her apartment got! Hope you find a better solution soon.

15. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

We've hooked our PC's up to the TV many times, but I never scrapped on it. I should totally do that now. ROFL

16. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

that's hysterical!

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I did that once too... I bought a TV thinking I'd use it as a monitor, but up close their resolution isn't the greatest. I know exactly what you mean about it being huge, but still not quite readable. Hopefully you get a regular monitor soon. :)