Scary Eyebrows!!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bbymks5, Feb 15, 2017.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Ah, but there digital remember? Just print them again and again...

Tree City likes this.
  2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Make an entire wall of them! Like wallpaper LOL!!

3. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Not only is it who she is right now, it is also the trend. It will be fun to look back in 10 or 20 years and say "wow, that was an awful trend"! Just like the big shoulder pads we used to wear!

lmccandless and bbymks5 like this.
  4. bbymks5

@NancyBeck GAH!!! I remember shoulder pads!! So thankful they haven't come back LOL!!

NancyBeck likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'd scrap them without doing any editing, other than B&W conversion or fixing color casts/lighting. She is happy and glowing in that photo . . . I'd record that!

scrappyjedi, bbymks5 and cinna like this.
  6. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I agree with everything here - it's all part of the story! :)

bbymks5 likes this.
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I feel for you, but unfortunately she is following the trend. The trend will die soon enough. I stopped going to the lady that does my eyebrows because she wants to do something like what your daughter has and it's just not MY cup of tea. I have all real brows so you can imagine THAT is scary. LOL!!! Embrace it and later you will laugh at it when the trend is over. I really think you should do a BROW page just for it and the story.

bbymks5 likes this.
  8. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I saw the thread title and I was expecting something really scary - but I just saw a photo of a beautiful girl with really trendy eyebrows.
    I´m sorry but I don´t understand the fuss about it.

My daughter does her hair in all kind of different colors and really has her own style - totally different to what I would choose. But it´s her choice and if she´s happy I´m happy.

I think you would really hurt her feelings if you start to remake her in Photoshop.
    At least it´s just brows - not like she´s hurting herself anyway.

bbymks5 likes this.
  9. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Sorry to hear she tore up the braces pictures. Hopefully none of your scrap pages.

I agree with everyone. Scrap her the way she is. Tell the life story. Be as kind as possible. Kids that follow the latest trends just want to be loved and accepted like anyone else (coming from someone who is peirced with tattoos, lol @carilyne lol ) but maybe make it clear that you are telling your family story as it is and she is not allowed to tear out pages ? If that part is even necessary.

My oldest just refuses basic hygeine at the moment which grosses me out more than anything.

bbymks5 likes this.
  10. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

My oldest has a large tattoo now. But it was his decision and was for a good reason and mom kept out of it. (His dad has tattoos so it was a probable thing). I just didn't want it starting before he understood what he was doing.

mimisgirl likes this.
  11. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I am with you *sigh* it IS the trend at the moment. I am thankful that my eldest DD has toned down the colour, although she spends an inordinate amount of time doing them still. It did help that when she went to the make up bar to get a new eyebrow pencil they hadn't got the colour she was replacing and the girl on the counter did them for her in an alternative (lighter) colour which she was happy with.

You could photoshop them a little bit lighter, but it is her right now as they are. Would black/white photos be any better?

mimisgirl and bbymks5 like this.
  12. bbymks5

This thread has helped a bit LOL!! I just can't help but seeing those gag glasses with the furry brows and nose when I see her brows.

I'm typically good about having an open mind when it comes to things, unless completely vulgar, discriminatory, etc; I've had my fair share of different non ear piercings (my cockatiel made it impossible to keep my nose ring), tattoos, different hairstyles/colors etc. I didn't bat an eye or think twice when she got her first tattoo or piercing.

I guess it's because she looks SO different!!

mimisgirl likes this.
  13. bbymks5

Scrapbook pages were included in her path of mass destruction :(

14. mimisgirl

I was just teasing you @carilyne , hope you know that! My mom freaked when I got my first tattoo - I was 33, lol. It is also my design, and is in memory of the six babies I lost - hubby bought it for me for the anniversary of the day we lost our first - She understands why I got it, and actually that one has started more conversations - good conversations - than I can count - but it is pretty visible - and my parents still hate that about it! Love you!

15. mimisgirl

aww - now that is just not right! My mom still has horrid pictures of me - and some before I was making my own fashion choices - but even though I don't like them I leave them for her - and to show our kids - they make good stories and fun memories. So sorry about that - I hope they were digi pages?! And I would make it clear that I expect to not have that repeated, it is just a courtesy and respect thing - but I can totally see your hesitancy to scrap her because of that. So sorry dear! I hope it all works out soon! (and I secretly pray this eyebrow thing passes quickly - although, hubby and I do make some fun conversations out of it when we are in public., he he)

16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Both of my sons had wild, long hair at the same time. They told me recently to be sure to show them this page if they ever mention growing out their hair again. Both are the right page. [​IMG]

bbymks5 likes this.
  17. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Yeah I know you were teasing. I had parents like yours and I didn't want it assumed I was the same way (still considering that tattoo myself). My opinion on them is it needs to be your decision and when you are old enough to make it. When parents are still involved it gets messy, but I think parents need to step out of the decision after adulthood. Hope that makes sense. I tend to get sensitive around some of these issues.

18. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

For what it is worth those eyebrows are all the rage now. In fact false eyelashes are too. my DD 16 was starting to talk about the eyelashes and instead I discovered a product that helped her eyelashes grow a little thicker and longer .....bam they now look like she is wearing makeup and she isnt. I will try and get a photo to show you all.

bbymks5 likes this.
  19. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

The girl next door to my daughter in her dorm has even bigger and darker eyebrows!! It's crazy that it's the thing now. I would still document them...it is who she is. And then hide your books so she can't tear them up later!! :)

PS. In high school I went to school with a guy who shaved his eyebrows and then came to school the next day with clown eyebrows painted on...you know, the really high arched eyebrows. So weird!! He just dd it out of boredom.

bbymks5 likes this.
  20. lizziej

lizziej Active Member

That is hilarious AND weird!!