Scary Eyebrows!!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bbymks5, Feb 15, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Have me like :eek:...not. kidding.

I would love to scrap more recent pictures of my 20 year old, but her eyebrows are like WOAH!!! And then you add in the fake full on dramatic eyelashes...I don't have any decent pictures of her for at least 3 years :(

What should I do?!!? I seriously don't go in public with her anymore because of all the looks we get! Everyone has told her to tame it down, but she doesn't listen!

Is there a way to tame them down in Photoshop??

A guess I should give an example of what I'm dealing with.

FB_IMG_1487194874361.jpg

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

you can use content aware and get rid of some... also have you told her you wanted to take her for a spa treatment...mani pedi and eyebrow wax... a girls day.. that might be fun and take care of the issue... good luck @bbymks5

bestcee and bbymks5 like this.
  3. bbymks5

I'll have to see if the hubby can help me with that.

I've taken her to get her brows done, the gal waxed and filled in with a matching brow pencil and as soon as we got into the car she whipped out her way too dark brow gel and went to town!! Didn't even last 5 minutes :(

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

pieces of me layouts...cut her eyes out and make fun pages.....me, I would scrap those eyebrows to fill a book to the brim, cause eventually, they will be a funny story!

Frumpje, jesskab, Dalis and 5 others like this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I agree. It's part of who she is now. If it really bothers you in some photos, get a kit with a pair of sunglasses in it and strategically place them on her face...

Frumpje, bbymks5, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

*shrug* They're just eyebrows. They're not my personal style but I don't think they're awful. Your daughter is really beautiful. Maybe she likes the contrast in color with her hair?!

My 3yo usually refuses to sit still for a photo & my 7yo rarely looks at the camera when I'm taking her picture. I still scrap those photos.

It's part of who they are.

Her eyebrows are part of who she is.

Don't you think she will be sad in a few years to see that your scrapbooks are full of photos of everything but her & your reasoning will be that you didn't like the way her eyebrows looked?

Jen, scrappyjedi, bbymks5 and 2 others like this.
  7. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

I think she looks very trendy and lovely. I didn't even think twice that her eyebrows looked scary, because she looks like most young girls these days. I had to think about what you were talking about. lol As my niece would say, "her eyebrows are on fleek". My nieces have purple hair one week and bright red the next. Sometimes blue, silver, who knows. Their eyebrows are thick and dark sometimes. Thinned out other times. They do whatever. I think that's pretty amazing of them and of your daughter to not care what others think of her eyebrows...

I would scrap photos of her as is and only do the same basic editing I would to any other photo.

8. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

It's her expressing herself, maybe even more because of mom's reaction. My sons went through embarrassing hair stages and hair dying. I decided that they needed to have a way to express themselves, with a little shock value for mom -- a little bit of the rebellion and independence thing. I'd much rather it be their hair or facial hair or whatever than a tattoo, piercing or rebelling in some other way. Not to say it's rebelling but it's self-expression. She most likely will be the one who dislikes them in years to come and has the pictures to live with.

mimisgirl and bbymks5 like this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Bold eyebrows are in style right now. "Everything old is new again" and Brooke Shields' 80s eyebrows are back, baby! Blame Cara Delevingne (among others):
    [​IMG]
    But just because they're in style doesn't mean you, the parent who scraps, must love them. If your daughter is happy and the worst thing she does is overfill her eyebrows and wear false eyelashes, then you're doing something right. Try to remember that while you scrap pics of her. :) Also remember that beauty trends come and go, so in a few years maybe she'll shave her eyebrows off completely and you'll be begging for these big eyebrows to grow back. *giggle*

jesskab, Danyale, jk703 and 2 others like this.
  10. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I think she looks beautiful - certainly a girl of her times having fun with her gorgeous looks! I would be very reticent to play with them in photoshop, it will always look a bit odd I think.

bbymks5 likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Maybe use photos where she isn't as close to the camera? Even the leaning tower of Pisa looks tiny if you are far enough away! :giggle

For me, my son had red hair last summer, and it looked pink in some photos, then he had blue hair. I just let it go, and scrapped them as is. Turned a few black and white if the hair was too distracting. But I look at it as this is who he is right now, and I still love him, so I roll with it. I have photos with spit up, boogers, acne (mine, not his), and crazy humidity hair. I have some crazy photos of my parents to scrap where I think "What in the world?" short shorts on my dad, big hair on my mom, perms from the 80's. It all has a place in our family history.

bbymks5 likes this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I thought you meant she had a unibrow... that is the in thing and I don't think it looks bad .., the contrast is a little dark compared to her hair but that is the norm these days... take photos of her and scrap them... my nephew had this big button thing in his ear and all these piercing on his lip and on his eyebrow which I wasnt thrilled about... he went in the navy and all of those things are gone... now it is tattoos.. another thing I am not thrilled over but as long as he can hide them under a shirt etc for professional purposes then it is none of my business. The trends of now will change.. It happens with all of us ... our hair in HS and we look back now and say what we're we thinking... that will be her too but really her brows look fine just a little darker so it stands out with her light complexion.

bbymks5 likes this.
  13. bbymks5

Don't get me wrong, I think she's still a beautiful girl...but these brows don't look good on anyone LOL! I don't mind the ever changing hairstyles and colors...

I do worry that she'll feel left out, but I also worry when she comes to her senses and stops with the insane brows she'll tear up her pictures like she did with ALL the pictures where her braces showed. Every. single. one.

bestcee likes this.
  14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Well, it's all part of life!

jesskab and bbymks5 like this.
  15. bbymks5

16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

She is beautiful! I'm not a huge fan of the eyebrow trend right now, but it's a trend like the rest. I scrapped my oldest when he went through his "goth" stage, and DD when she wanted to slick her hair straight back and it looked so bad. They are fun to look back on and laugh...and the kids now say "mom, why didn't you tell me??!!" Ummm I did LOL And the good thing about digi is that you can keep back up copies of everything haha. Maybe you could Photoshop a photo of her and make them better...then show her the difference? Might not matter, because you know, they are always right at that age *insert sarcasm*. I would probably just scrap a page about how much I dislike them, but she loves. :)

bbymks5 likes this.
  17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Scrap it!

I say that, because if my mom scrapped my 80's sky high hair, it would be awesome! Man, my hair was at least 3-4" off the top of my head! I would be howling and showing off that album!

She will grow, they look like what other girls have, and it's a trend/style. Just go with the flow. Something new will come along! :)

lmccandless, cfile and bbymks5 like this.
  18. bbymks5

I was going to use my 18lb Siamese Ragdoll for the Random Challenge for February but decided to use a couple of her BIG eyebrows pics instead :lmao

bestcee likes this.
  19. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Love the advice in this thread. I would so say take photos and scrap them just as she is. My son is in his "only wear boxers" stage and has been for maybe 5 years. I see the trend, but scrap him anyway.

jesskab, Danyale and cfile like this.
  20. lizziej

lizziej Active Member

I agree! When she gets older, she will look at those photos and say, "What was I thinking?" I don't think they are scary at all. They are just too dark for her hair color.

If you want to see scary, google "sharpie eyebrows." YIKES!

cinna, jk703 and Tree City like this.