Restoring a backup

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Apr 15, 2017.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I have most of a backup online through Backblaze. I have unlimited internet but not nearly as fast as North American speed or as reliable at times. Would you

A) Get the free zip download from Backblaze
    B) Do the USB restore program for $99 then return it through their Restore Return Refund program making it free with the only additional cost being shipping back to the USA

2. littlekiwi

I've now discovered how little I had backed up.....13gb out of over 100gb so am just going to o the zip download

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  3. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Aww that's so frustrating that you had got a back up in place and started and didn't get so much done before the crash. I feel for you. I've had a couple of crashes since taking on Backblaze and did the download. I would just set the processing speed allocated to backblaze to faster overnight to get things done a bit quicker (first time we were on a very low internet speed ourselves). Both times I did download and not the hard drive option. I'm cheap!

I'd go back through your order histories at places and see what there are still download links available for. Different stores have different timelines.

bestcee likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

@fruitysuet , it wasn't a crash - my laptop got stolen and my initial back up hadn't finished (in fact by the looks of it, it had barely started)

5. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Oh no I didn't realise. Even more heart breaking. I am so sorry :(

littlekiwi likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hopefully you won't lose anything between the backup and your external drive. I would download for 13 GB. If it was the 100 - I'd do the ehd, and just download some of the files I needed right away.

7. littlekiwi

well on my old ehd I found approx 18gb worth of stuff which is a start

bestcee likes this.
  8. bestcee

Maybe it's a chance to freshly organize? Man, it sucks that you have lost so much!

littlekiwi likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

I was in the process of organising when this happened. I won't get my new laptop for probably 2 more weeks but I can while i'm housesitting use my grandmothers laptop and my new external hard drive and get started again.

10. bestcee

Just in time for NSD! Did you do the blog hop? There's still time!

11. littlekiwi

Did the blog hop and went searching through two other stores for download links (one as far back as 2015 and the other I've done as far back as Jan 2016 cause it's one of my main stores so there is a lot there and will go back further tomorrow). So far I've found just over 20GB of stuff so all up I've found approx 40GB between what was backed up to Backblaze, what was on my old ehd and what I could download. I have sent an enquiry to CS here about an order reset and how much that will cost

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

That was my next question! Glad you thought of it.

13. littlekiwi

The big loss so far is all but 1 paper but hopefully I can stock up a bit as I go through my To Sort Folder.....or buy more stuff!

bestcee likes this.