Remove shine on flairs for printing use

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by summerl, Jan 19, 2017.

1. summerl

summerl New Member

Hopefully I can explain this right. There are many flairs that come in kits that I would love to print out for regular scrapbooking use instead of digital use. However, a lot of them have that shine/reflection on them to make them look more realistic but when printing it doesn't always look so good. Does anyone have an easy way I can remove or lessen the shine or reflection? Some I can do content aware in PS but the ones that are really detailed it's difficult. I tried searching in the forms before posting and couldn't find anything relating this but if I've missed it a link would be great. TIA

2. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, I was thinking of lowering the opacity, but I just brought up one of my layouts with a definite flair on it and tried the lower opacity----it takes away the shine, but also takes away the affects of what the flair is for---so not sure this would be the way to go. Will be curious to see what others say.

3. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I can't speak for other designers but I've been contacted before and asked if I could share the un-flaired flair for exactly this reason and, wherever possible, I've always been happy to comply. Doesn't hurt to email the designers in question (or start a conversation with them here) and ask. :)

Karen, sm_amber, KimJ and 1 other person like this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

and on some flairs, if you look at the pattern papers in the kits, many are right from the pattern...so you could cut your own circle and bevel to your hearts content?

KimJ and AllisonPennington like this.
  5. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

^^ this! I also include the flat versions in my kits from the get-to for this purpose, too..

6. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I try to remember to do this but sometimes forget. *blush*

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

You're doing better than I am; it never even occurred to me to include them. :blush I'm happy to provide them upon request though, and will try to remember to provide them up front in the future. :agree

AllisonPennington and sm_amber like this.
  8. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

And I am so grateful to you and every other designer who does this!! For the most I don't really like using elements with shine on them on my page, so I opt for the flat version whenever it's available!

sm_amber likes this.