Reading Update?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by bcgal00, Dec 21, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Have you read all the recommended Reading Pad books this year? I think I've read them all except for "Someday, Someday, Maybe" which didn't grab me enough for me to finish it.

So my reading is all planned out for the start of the new year. I am 1/3 way into Noumenon which I am really enjoying and should get me thru Xmas. I'm awaiting "Iron Gold", the 4th book in the Pierce Brown series and I've had it on reserve for months now so as soon as my digital copy comes, I want to read it (I only get 3 wks rental on it so don't want to have to go back onto the wait list if I don't read it all in time). I used to disable the wifi on my kobo so the library didn't lock me out of the books when my time was up but awhile back they must have changed how the kobo works b/c now it locks me out regardless of the wifi when my rental time is up (as soon as I link up to download).

I'm very happy to have gotten back into reading more. I've always been a reader (pretty much daily) but this year I devoted a lot more time to my reading and less time to my scrapping which has been good for me, a better balance of my time. I'm going to create a page or two about my reading experiences this year. I'll use my 2017 goodreads challenge image (of all the book covers).

Thank you, Reading Pad, for all the great recommendations this year and am looking forward to the 2018 recommendations.

Karen likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What?!?! How did a trilogy become of fourlogy :giggle Better go see if my library has this! I can't keep up with all the great recommendations, but I sure am trying! :)

3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I just ordered a new e-reader.
    I have a perfectly working Kindle but Kindle only works with Mobi files. I'm in Europe and here all files (the ones I get with my BookChoice subscription) are ePub. So I can justify this, right? It was only €99 for a Kobo Aura 2, so I feel like it does.

I'm getting back into reading. Hoping to be reading more books from this bookclub too.
    I'm not a member of our library as most of the books y'all choose are not in my library yet. So I need to actually buy all those books we choose and I'm not gonna do that. But I am committing to at least join in the fun for some of them. :)

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@berniek I read ePub books on my Kindle using the OverDrive app. Is that not available for you in Europe?

5. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I was a little scared because I had never heard of this! But luckily, when I checked it out, I saw it's not working on my old simple Kindle. "Available for iPhone®, iPad®, Android, Chromebook, Windows 8 & 10, Kindle Fire HD"
    I don't like reading on an tablet kind of device. I need e-ink for reading longer periods or my eyes cannot cope.
    Thanks for the note anyway!! This might be a lifesaver for someone else!

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

No problem!

One thing about reading in OverDrive though is that it looks more like e-ink when reading. At least IMO!

7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I love Overdrive too! I tone down the b/g on my iPad (use a pale grey) so its easier on the eyes.

8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i read a few this year - i have a similar problem with accessing some of the books thru our library system and if it doesn't have a super compelling blurb to me, I'm not likely to buy it. I'm reading Mountain Story at the moment, it'll take me thru most of Jan with MOC i think. Anyway, looking forward to Iron Gold as well - this was my 2017 year in books:
    Capture-goodreads.JPG

umyesh and berniek like this.