Random Tv Watching |Pad Patter 5.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 22, 2017.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I watched a documentary about prostitutes... and then I remembered that it would show up in my Netflix recently watched queue and my daughter is old enough now to read the titles and ask questions abt them.

I had to start & stop, like, 15 different shows to make that show fall off my queue! :giggle

2. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

This is part of why I made different profiles for each family member. We only see recommendations based on our own queue/history. Even though my 12 year-old is now on "adult netflix", she doesn't see that I've been watching "the Client List". (Also, if anyone is looking for trashy TV fun, the Client List is so bad it's good).

bestcee and KittyY like this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

This is why all four of us have different profiles...lol

KittyY and Juliestcyr like this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

My husband and I get sucked into various food/cooking shows. We love Worst Cooks in America, Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and Guys Grocery Games. My hubby has a man crush on Guy Fieri. He wants spikey hair, a goatee and $300 sunglasses to wear on the back of his head like Guy does. A nice muscle car convertible to drive around wouldn't hurt either.... hehe

I've also watched some survival and dirty job shows with DH. Things like Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch, Bear Grylls and Dual Survivor. I prefer the survival shows over the others. I've learned some cool survival tricks. Now, here's hoping I'll remember them if I ever get in a situation where I need to survive.

Lena Gardner likes this.
  5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'll have to rewatch the last season in 2018 because I won't remember what happened!! Wonder why their seasons are so short and spread out so far apart??

It was pretty good!! I guess the real gal went belly under from lawsuits??

6. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I recently did the Twin Peaks thing as well. I remember that my mom liked it when it originally came out so thought I would try it. You are right - totally bizarre. I didn't know there were new episodes coming though - will they be on Netflix?

Juliestcyr likes this.
  7. Juliestcyr

I love TV. I admit it. Except not the reality type:
    Canadian Shows for Americans: Republic of Doyle (Newfoundland and Labrador's finest abs. I think Allan Hawco contractually needs to take off his shirt once per episode. Or, at least I'd write that into his contract), Murdoch Mysteries (Dorky but fun detective drama) - both were on CBC in Canada, now on Netflix worldwide.
    Got Hulu? You NEED to be watching The Handmaid's Tale. #Atwood #OopsStillCanadian
    Guilty Pleasure: The Client List, starring Jennifer Love Hewitt's Eyelash Extensions. It sounds a lot raunchier than it is. Mostly, it's just tacky, but really fun.
    Family Fun: Switched at Birth. Very. Corny. But I love that they show deaf-culture as multifaceted. If you haven't seen it yet, the cartoon series Avatar and it's follow up Legends of Korra are phenomenal for both adults and kids. Also, Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is very kid friendly, for I'd say ages 8+.

Umm... Movie Night? We (i.e. Canada) just got Moonlight on Netlfix, they also just added back Silver Linings Playbook, and Christine, which is dark, but a great look at mental illness.

8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

total yes to the Handmaid's Tale - OMG loved it!

Juliestcyr likes this.
  9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

that's why I started watching too ... my mom would watch twin peaks back in the day! it's on Showtime Ashley, but you can stream it for a fee - I'm pretty sure Amazon has it. Or ... wait till they all release and do a free month trial of Showtime!

ashleywb likes this.
  10. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

IKR?! I do this to myself every year with OITNB. Binge it all in one day and then have to wait a year for a new season. :overreact

bbymks5 likes this.
  11. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

We do that too!! And then we can't remember anything that happened from the last season and have to look it up :giggle

12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Not really random....
    But I watched Grand Designs (all that was on Netlflix) by myself while I would run on the treadmill when it was cold outside. I would describe the houses and people to my husband afterwards...it really fascinated me.

13. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

I tried to follow but got lost - - what show is this again?

14. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

We have a separate 'kids' account and ours is pass coded so our kids cant see what we watch. :)

bestcee and Tree City like this.
  15. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Um, if it were up to me, Allan would never wear a shirt. *giggle* That was a fun show. I binged it on Netflix, and then they recommended "Murdoch" based on my interest in "Doyle." Anyway, for those of us here in the US, Murdoch is actually called "The Artful Detective," which IMHO is a horrible name for the show and actually in antithesis to his scientific-minded police work, but I digress! Back to the matter at hand: I wish Yannick had a contract similar to Allan Hawco's. Bwahahahahaha! Then, after binging all Netflix had of "Murdoch," they recommended "The Doctor Blake Mysteries." A smart-but-damaged hot guy with a beard and an accent? Sign me up! I binged all 3 seasons Netflix had and am now trying to see Season 4--like, before checking out TLP I was searching YouTube and PBS! I need to stop watching shows until they're off the air and I can binge every season at once!
    Oh, and "Murdoch" only goes thru season 7 on Netflix Instant in America. Thankfully I found that the channel Ovation plays reruns! IDK what Ovation even is; I was just happy to DVR my show!

Juliestcyr likes this.
  16. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We were talking about The Keepers on Netflix.... true crime documentary series about a nun who was murdered in 1969. I'm still only 2 episodes in, but so far it's really well done.

17. Juliestcyr

@Tree City , I will have to look up this Dr. Blake show!

And yes, "The Artful Detective" is a horrible name for Murdoch!

Tree City likes this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Funny story: My 7 year old watches with his dad. One day, we were flipping channels, and he made me stop because it was that show. We stopped. It was one of the random local channels playing the original movie! No MST3K with it, just the original, horrible movie. Also, my DH is a backer, and his name appears in one of the long long long credits....

Tree City and Juliestcyr like this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Ah...May 30 - House of Cards returns on Netflix. I am sooo ready.