Random Tv Watching |Pad Patter 5.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 22, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What is the most random thing you've watched all the way through on Netflix? Or Hulu/Amazon/etc.

We randomly stumbled on a show called Canada's Worst Drivers. I don't know why we enjoyed it, but we did. It's a show about bad drivers that go to a boot camp to improve their driving. And some of the people are seriously scary! Especially the last season on Netflix with the worst of the worst.

I may have found that because of my interest in Australia's Border Patrol. Not the US, or Canada. Those aren't as interesting to me as Australia's.

So, share with me! What's the most random thing you've watched?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

This.

[​IMG]

Atelier(アンダーウェア Andāwea, meaning Underwear) is a 2015 Japanese web television drama developed by Fuji Television for Netflix. It is a coming of age drama set in a small high-class lingerie design house called Emotion, which is based in Tokyo's Ginza district. The drama centres around Mayuko Tokita, a new employee, and her struggle to find her place at Emotion.

It's Japanese. It's about lingerie. It's weird. It was also fun and interesting to watch. But I cannot tell you why I was so fascinated.

3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

We do not watch much TV, however if any of you remember many years ago the original Iron Chef from Japan. It was in Japanese and way more weird and entertaining than the American series. Imagine making desert out of eggplant or squid ink and you've got the picture..

bestcee and cfile like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

We have been watching Abstract on Netflix and being a lot of the shows are artsy it is interesting.. the one on topgraphy/graphics with Paula Scher (episode 6) I found really fascinating.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80057883

bbymks5 and bestcee like this.
  5. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i need tv shows keep these coming! i haven't watched anything strange in a while.

6. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

There's this silly little obscure sitcom called Schitt$ Creek that only got two seasons. It's about a rich family who has to go live in a podunk town. I never would have picked it because the title is just an eyeroll groaner for me. But James picked it one day and it's really quite endearing.

7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I haven't watched anything random lately but my non-tv watching husband apparently watched Twin Peaks back in the day. I may watch that when it starts. I have always found Kyle McLaughlin to be creepy so I don't know if this one will be for me.

"Writing in The Guardian, Mark Lawson said the cult show's latest iteration was more "what-is-it?" than whodunnit.
    "Filled with giants, dwarves, monsters and ghosts, Twin Peaks most resembles a modern fairytale written on LSD then heavily redacted by the CIA," he wrote."

So apparently, it has it all!

bestcee likes this.
  8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Not really random, but my husband and I just started watching The Keepers on Netflix last night. Totally sucked in. It's a true crime documentary series about a nun that was murdered in 1969. Just two episodes in though.

I'll have to keep thinking about the most "random" thing I've watched lately.

bbymks5, LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

My husband is the more random tv watcher in our house. I spent Saturday night watching all three seasons (only six episodes a season) of Catastrophe on Amazon Prime Video. I found it funny but it wouldn't be for everyone due to language and nudity. Carrie Fisher played the mother of one of the main characters and was hilarious. I didn't know she was in it so that was a bonus. I doubt they would find anyone fitting to replace her.

Sokee, bbymks5 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

It's not "random" but I did find it mostly by accident: I slowly binged the Canadian crime drama Murdoch Mysteries on Netflix Instant. Then I got super bummed when I learned that Netflix has seasons 1 - 7 but there are currently 10 seasons. Luckily a channel here is showing reruns; I've DVRed all of season 8 and 10. I'm waiting for 9 to air! :) (The link will take you to the IMDb page.)

We found Larva, a cartoon for the kids to watch and it is so silly. No words--usually just 2 larval-stage bugs trying to survive in a sewer drain. (At least that's the first season. In the second they end up in a home trying to survive. Example: they are on a napping man and the man rolls over, crushing one of the larvae. In another episode, they eat something toxic and turn into ghosts. I mean, just the weirdest stuff but I love it and so do the kids.) IDK if we've watched all eps, but we've seen a lot of them lol.

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I recently rewatched all of Twin Peaks - so I can check out the new episodes. Twin Peaks is definitely one of the weirdest things I've ever watched ... but once I started, I couldn't not watch it. The music, the characters, the crazy dreams ... it definitely sucked me in. It's so out there - I almost don't care about the questions I have being answered. It's more about what is going to happen next!

One other crazy show I watched was Black Mirror (I think that was the name - correct me if I'm wrong) ... OMG I saw one episode and then never went back for another. It was that disturbing!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

The Lion In Your Living Room

"Experts travel the world to explore the enigmas of the common house cat, from its history of domestication to the science behind its purring."

Yes. I actually watched the entire thing. LOL

13. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

That actually sounds like something my Coley would want to watch. Most times when he checks books out from the library they have something to do with animal facts. He loves that stuff.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I watched every episode back in the 80s, but I now can't remember one thing about them!

I don't find much time to watch TV, but these are the latest binge watching shows for me:

Timeless
    Ripper Street
    A Series of Unfortunate Events
    The Bletchley Circle
    Firefly

These aren't random, but I did binge on them!
    When Calls the Heart (I love it for all of it's sappiness!)
    Fixer Upper
    Home Town (HGTV)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@jenn mccabe I never missed an episode of Twin Peaks back in the day. It was the first show of its kind on TV, strange and fascinating and to this day when I hear the theme song it gives me goosebumps and makes me remember. I pvr'd the premiere last night and am so excited to watch. Not sure when this week I'll see it. I don't think my hubs will be interested if it is as weird as the original was. I'm over the moon excited and hope its not disappointing.

Twin Peaks was the first show we started getting together with family/friends and making a party of it. Laura Palmer is ingrained in my brain forever.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Late at night I often flip thru the channels and come across bollywood movies which I love, especially the musical ones and watch as I fall asleep.

bestcee likes this.
  17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I just watched The Fabulous Ice Age on Netflix. I loved it, but then I've got a DD whose dream it is to skate for Disney on Ice. It's a good production. I also had the opportunity to meet one of the of the stars interviewed - Richard Dwyer. I've got to have my DD watch this!

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yes! It was. And the translation was funny at times.

19. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Oh sounds interesting...and weird

I've been meaning to start this one.

20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I don't know if I watch weird shows. But I do tend to get caught in weird docs. Like one about little people getting married. Or crime docs. I watched one about a man looking for a bride in russia or something a couple of years ago. It was weird. LOL

bestcee and bbymks5 like this.