Rad Lab Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Jun 9, 2016.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Totally Rad is having a summer sale. For anyone who has been waiting to buy Rad Lab or Replichrome or any other products, the sale just started, and everything is 50% off!

http://www.gettotallyrad.com/

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

It's awesome! Get it! :giggle Think of it like 75 actions all done in 60 seconds!

If anyone wants, I have an affiliate link - though I don't think it will give any more of a discount than 50%! :)

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am just sad that their version sucks with CS5. I downloaded twice with them to try and they always make my CS5 quit.

4. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

OK, here I am again!! What is it????

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Do you know the difference between their Lightroom presets and radlab presets ?

jenn mccabe likes this.
  6. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Yikes! I have CS6. Anyone else use RadLab with CS6? I want this but not if it isn't going to work with what I already have.

7. jk703

It should work with what you have Mary! @~Mary

Dalis... I think I have the same version as you... maybe 5.1 or something... and mine works? What happens with yours? @Dalis

Courtney... I do not. I believe RadLab works within Lightroom. The Lightroom presets are more like straight actions than the Plug in... I think. I'll see if I can dig up any info. @bestcee (Ps... where did you get or how did you create your user name?)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  8. bestcee

@jk703 LOL, it's an old high school joke. When I was in high school, there were two Courtney's in our circle. The other one went by CeeCee. I was bummed I didn't have a cute nickname, and my BFF said, but you're the Best Cee! So, enter creating a yahoo email, I didn't like the crazy options, but bestcee was available. It's stuck with me ever since and become my online name.

jesskab and ~Mary like this.
  9. jk703

Love the backstory! The little things that we keep with us and the memories! :) Though I'm glad I didn't keep my name that a high school friend came up with for me "smiggles." LOL... Combination of Smiley and Giggling.... Usually most called me by my maiden name.

bestcee likes this.
  10. jk703

Oh, I didn't find anything about Lightroom... when I was reading, I couldn't relate very well to the software. I do know it works in Lightroom, but I do not know if it is actions or like a plugin like Photoshop. RadLab seems to be different than the Replichrome and other Lightroom presets, it runs like a software within your editing software. You click, and 75+ options are at your fingertips, and then you can mix and change them all. I hope that helps. @bestcee

jenn mccabe likes this.
  11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

CS5 just shuts down or dies a slow death (stops responding). I sent an email to them because I wanted to know if there was something wrong before I bought it. Their "fix" was to let it run until it finished. Well, 14 hrs later my machine was still none-responsive. It was a bummer because I really loved it. Sometimes it will make my CS5 die without even actively using it. They assure me it was not their software, I un-installed it and all my problems went away. ;)

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I saw this awesome sale in my inbox yesterday evening. Looked at it quite a bit today and am a little confused as to what to get. I'm thinking I want presets too for Lightroom since I'm using that more than photoshop to edit now. But one of the options said it worked in Photoshop and in Lightroom so I was confused too. The info is not very helpful on the site? I was going to try to find time to try a few different options tomorrow @bestcee - I think we can trial it first before buying so that might help? I'll update if I figure anything out.

I use their PicTapGo app on my iPhone and love some of the filters they provide. I'd love to have some of them as LR presets but not sure I see them. I see them as the photoshop plugin though. Confusing for sure!

bestcee likes this.
  13. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

By best friend was also Jessica & we had a male friend named Jess. So, Jess was Jess, Jessica was Jessie, & I was Bessie. My name came from a friend's grandpa not hearing my name right. So, we went with it.

But, outside of that group I was always Jess. I remember signing my name Jess as an adult. My friend came to me with the note & was like "Should I have been calling you Jess all this time?" With a name like Jessica Brea Barnes-Lopez, I'll answer to pretty much anything!

bestcee likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

I just downloaded the 14 day free trial of Radlab. It is just as @jk703 describes it. RadLab will work as a plugin in PS or Lightroom (or both). In LR, I simply right click on an image in my library and the RadLab window comes up - allowing me to pick "stylets" and adjust them to my liking. I can layer them and create recipes. It is a bit more punched up version of their PicTapGo app (but very similar in how it functions). In PS RadLab can be sized down to a little icon in the side bar palette and simply clicked on whenever you want to edit an image and the same RadLab window comes up.

I'm torn between buying that or the LR Original Presets and the Amped Presets. There's no free trial for the LR preset packages, but you can request a small sample of presets and actions. The presets would just sit within the Presets area of the Develop module. No plugin window needed.

I just can't see all the different effects the LR presets offer. They list them but don't show what they look like.

Anyone have both the LR presets and RadLab and have any opinions on which they like better and why?

jk703 likes this.
  15. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have CS6 and seldom have an issue. It will close ps unexpectedly when I open RadLab, but I've learned what triggers it. It will only do this when I've been heavily working in PS for days (I don't restart or shut down as ofter as I should). I don't have to restart every time I want to use RadLab, just when I haven't restarted in a long time. I'm not sure if this is a PS issue, or my issue as I'm running out of space on my laptop.

16. bestcee

I have the trial presets in Lightroom, and love them. That's why I was trying to figure out if I actually need to go to Radlab, or if I would be fine with just the presets. Ugh. I agree, their site does not make it easy to decide.

17. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

It is a program that you can install and it works with Photoshop or PSE. It makes it super easy to tweak/filter your photos. They have "recipes" you can apply or you can manually adjust them. I use it on all of my photos in Photoshop Elements. It is lots of fun to play with and you can create all kinds of looks. They have the ios phone version PicTapGo and I loved that, but unfortunately have a Samsung.

18. jk703

Fess up, ladies! Who caved!? If you haven't and you need some more to look at, check out the Pro-Retouch. OMG. Simple wonderful! I edit my photos, very simply, and this is the perfect touch to edit, but make it subtle enough that NO one would really notice except for me. I know that is backwards... but I guess, I'm a bit backwards too!

I think the difference *I'm guessing here* between the presets and RadLab itself, is the all in one feature. With the presets you click, and get a certain outcome. With Radlab, you click and you get 75 different, combinable, savable (word?) outcomes all at once.

Would presets in Lightroom be like actions in Photoshop? Just curious.

19. jenn mccabe

Jenn you bad girl! You enabler you! I am still trying to decide between the Radlab plug in and the Original LR Presets ... and here you come along raving about Pro-Retouch! @tkradtke raved about that one too on the other Radlab thread. You girls are killing me and my wallet! :)

I think I'm leaning towards Radlab right now. I like that I can use it in either PS or LR and I like how easy the controls/tweaking are.

Jenn, yes, presets are similar to actions ... I think actions are easier to tweak than a preset would be (unless you really know how to use LR and all the sliders - if so you can fine tune and control the heck out of it) bc actions (usually) have the ability to easily adjust the overall strength - even if the action doesn't combine everything into one group/folder - you can usually do it yourself and then simply adjust the opacity ... I'm not seeing a one step control like that in LR when working with presets (but maybe bc I don't have enough experience with it yet?). But I can go in and fine tune individual adjustments and I can combine presets and layer them and then save a new preset to make them my own.

RadLab is the easiest to tweak, combine & layer in my opinion. It's just a nice easy to use little interface.

To get a feel for how a LR preset works ....if you play with Adobe Camera Raw at all to edit (Filter > edit in Camera Raw within Photoshop), then all those slider adjustments you do to process your image can be saved (also called a preset) and applied to other photos. My free Totally Rad LR Replichrome preset sampler pack is there in ACR to use. Other LR presets are not.

jk703 likes this.
  20. jk703

lol & sorry, Jenn! :hide

After I was introduced to RadLab, I just found the ease of use and the quickness more to my speed. I didn't want to go all into the details. I wanted easy fixes and pretty ones too! RadLab filled that for me!

Those who did get it - I hope that you LOVE it! :heartslub