Question regarding keeping up with multiple scrapping sites

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Feb 13, 2017.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This really is one of the very few sites that has an active forum. I really loved the forums when I started digi back in 2009. Then it seemed to fade out so not only is this a "pad" it is full of happy hoppy hommies! :dancebun

bestcee and EHStudios like this.
  2. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I got hooked on TLP when I did the MOC challenge in January. Since I didn't have a big stash from here, it wasn't as easy as it could have been. I enjoyed it immensely and decided that life would be less complicated is I stuck largely with one shop for purchases and "playing". I like that everyone who completes the TLP monthly challenges get a discount coupon and that many of the designer use random selection to pick winners on their challenges.

Not to mention that this "one shop approach" makes my filing of digital supplies so much easier. I don't CT for anyone so I don't have to juggle that responsibility. We travel a lot so meeting deadlines would often be a problem.

Being here with the challenges has also gotten me started with art journaling which has always intimidated me. Anne of Alamo's "skinnys" and "inchie" challenges in February were fun and I now subscribe to M3 and am forcing myself out of my comfort zone of more traditional scrapping. When I see some of the gorgeous but complex art journaling layouts in the gallery I must remind myself that it's really NOT a competition but just about expressing myself and having fun with it.

More than any of you wanted to know I am sure, but you asked.

3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Funny that you mention @AnneofAlamo 's skinny challenges in February. I too got hooked on AJ and have been trying my hand at it more and more because of Anne's encouragement and positivity. You are absolutely correct that it's NOT a competition, but just a fun way to enjoy the creative process and express yourself. I'm so glad that the community here is so kind and allows us all to try new things in a safe place.

flowersgal and QuiltyMom like this.